Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add more pvp gamemodes to 1.8 client?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 100818

Yeah, right, that’s why 1.9 Cube has all these people with tryhard names such as ‘iWillTryHardThCrqpOqtOfYou’ and 1.8 doesn’t (or barely doesn’t) ... x_X
Never said 1.9 did not have them. Unfortunately, 1.8 is worse with those people even though you may not see it in the names. And I don't know where you've been playing on 1.8, but I always see the tryhard names, it's just a all versions thing.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
the people that says that 1.8 pvpers are clickspam noobs no stfu.
I have played both and 1.8 pvp is lot more fun. There are way more tactics and you can keep inproving
litterly everyone can 1.9 pvp in a decent level after 1 week trust me
Just how anyone can download a client...
Screenshot_20180406-111642.png
Screenshot_20180406-111615.png

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
It's quite easily actually. Try bringing two sets of armor. Something like 32 gapples, 1 notch, a punch bow and 3 stacks of blocks. I managed to defeat 3 teams with only those items and no team mates.
That is considered gapple chugging or bow spamming. Both are overpowered tactics in 1.9. Bowspamming exists in both versions and I was gapplechuging in the 5v1 I was talking about. I even think I had a second set of armor.

Reactions: Josher

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
That is considered gapple chugging or bow spamming. Both are overpowered tactics in 1.9. Bowspamming exists in both versions and I was gapplechuging in the 5v1 I was talking about. I even think I had a second set of armor.
Bow spamming? I never said to spam the bow or chug apples? No such methods are my plan B.

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
I mean they can atleast get a better 1.8 combat on 1.9+ clients, the hitbox is really bad, the kb is not 1.8 style, it's literally just the swings which doesn't even make it 1.8 pvp.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
Hint:
It is...

What do you mean outdated? Hey guys I started a fast, I'm never going to eat ever again, eating is extremely outdated. 1.8 PVP is the version most people like.

Does CubeCraft not want players?
1.8 was released 4+ years ago, I call that outdated, serious, is it so hard to select 1.12 in the launcher?

1.8 pvp is for people who only can spamclick. I played a few games with you and you really seem to hate that kind of "spammers". So I don't understand where this is coming from.

Reactions: YNDIDON

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
1.8 was released 4+ years ago, I call that outdated, serious, is it so hard to select 1.12 in the launcher?

1.8 pvp is for people who only can spamclick. I played a few games with you and you really seem to hate that kind of "spammers". So I don't understand where this is coming from.

I mean the problem with people now a days is they don't understand 1.8 at all. You can't just spamclick lol you need to aim and strafe and w-tap and sprint and pot and timing and counterstrafe his swings and learn the pace and think 1 step ahead of your enemy so you can combo him enough so he drops.

I'd gladly show you how a real 1.8 pvper is (me) so hit me up on discord > Lindberg#9082

Reactions: Josher
D

Deleted member 100818

I mean the problem with people now a days is they don't understand 1.8 at all. You can't just spamclick lol you need to aim and strafe and w-tap and sprint and pot and timing and counterstrafe his swings and learn the pace and think 1 step ahead of your enemy so you can combo him enough so he drops.

I'd gladly show you how a real 1.8 pvper is (me) so hit me up on discord > Lindberg#9082

The same goes for 1.9 PvP but in a whole different way. Look, giving "facts" why this PvP version is better than the other is useless at this point, it has always been useless. I agree with your suggestion though, they should make more games at 1.8 to improve their player base. But calling one PvP style superior is useless and could only cause 2 groups fighting about their favourite style of PvP. Even though I don't know that guy at all, I do know he knows the difference between those 2.

I mean, 1.8 got deleted for a reason. Even though we don't all respect that reason, moving on would be the best thing to do. And if you don't, fine, I couldn't care less. But 1.8 PvP will never return, unless you're really lucky. As I said, the only reason I agreed is because of a higher playerbase you could create, nothing more.

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
I mean I am probably just as good in 1.9 I just don't like the layout of the pvp, you can't blockhit, you can't curve your arrows. Let me make an example, on skywars you can't hit someone out of the map because you have to wait between every swing and that just makes the enemy available to move towards you and away from the edge.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017

WiiU super smash brothers came out in 2014 however apparently Detective Pikachu is more relevant because it came out in 2016.
Games like CS:GO have been the same but players keep competing at the same rate since it came back in 2012. Time of release doesn't matter. In fact 1.9 came out 2 years ago and cube still hasn't changed.

When people say that 1.8 players only spam click I get a little disappointed. The 2 versions are literally the same however you can hit the opponent more consistently. Cps helps but it isn't necessary to win. I have a friend who played mcsg for over 4 years and won over a thousand euros doing competitions. (The money was over the span of the years) and he only clicks about 10 cps.
What's your ign, I don't remember playing with you any time recently.
The same goes for 1.9 PvP but in a whole different way.
It isn't as intense however, in 1.8 you have to do everything quicker, think quicker and act quicker, it opens more room to improve.
Look, giving "facts" why this PvP version is better than the other is useless at this point, it has always been useless.
Go write a research paper without citing any facts and only give your opinions about global warming.
But calling one PvP style superior is useless and could only cause 2 groups fighting about their favourite style of PvP.
This isn't fighting this is a debate.
I mean, 1.8 got deleted for a reason. Even though we don't all respect that reason, moving on would be the best thing to do.
What do you mean deleted?
And if you don't, fine, I couldn't care less. But 1.8 PvP will never return,
Just how 1.10 will never be introduced on cubecraft.

D

Deleted member 100818

What do you mean deleted?
Guess I didn't make myself clear, I meant they did not add 1.8 PvP to their updates for a reason.

This isn't fighting this is a debate.
A useless debate if it's about which PvP style is better.

Go write a research paper without citing any facts and only give your opinions about global warming.
I don't know what global warming has to do with this, but you probably tried making a point with this somehow.. So you probably don't agree witht he fact that it's useless to tell each other which one is better, in which case I'll stop this conversation right now, as it's litterally worhtless...

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Guess I didn't make myself clear, I meant they did not add 1.8 PvP to their updates for a reason.
Mojang builds there updates around survival Minecraft, not PVP.
A useless debate if it's about which PvP style is better.
This is the equivalence to, you can't fire me, I quit.
I don't know what global warming has to do with this, but you probably tried making a point with this somehow.. So you probably don't agree witht he fact that it's useless to tell each other which one is better, in which case I'll stop this conversation right now, as it's litterally worhtless...
Without using any facts write me a research paper, I don't care what it is about, but write me a research paper without any facts or evidence.

XoanGamerYT

Novice Member
Nov 16, 2016
Argentina
Many people in the community like pvp 1.9, and many other people did not like the update and keep playing 1.8, which leads to these discussions.
My opinion: Cubecraft would first have to take the work of updating the games to 1.13 but after having updated the games it can do as it did in 1.13 but with the 1.8.
Since we play 1.8 it is very boring having only skywars and eggwars, we could go to another server to play those games, but many of us like this server so it is hard for us to change to another.
Your! if you! who plays pvp 1.9, please put yourself in our place and test how boring it is.
I do not want to mess with anyone who plays pvp 1.9 since I'm not toxic and I think the 2 pvp are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on SanCookie's profile.
If you come back, I will stop eating the cookies
Otherworld wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thank you for everything, Mit 💙
Otherworld wrote on Frontlane's profile.
The person whom this profile page belongs is cute ✨
After being away for more than a year, I'm returning to Cubecraft. I've really missed the community. Feel free to say hi if you spot me on Discord or the server. :)
RobinDn wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom