Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should more maps (or an edit to a lot of our maps) be implemented?

• Total voters

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
*Disclaimer* This post is regarding Solo Eggwars, not teams. This post is also being written with a side of bias as I prefer more PVP oriented gameplay while others may prefer stacking then fighting. It all just boils down to preference.

Hello!
I wanted to make this post simple and clear:
Can we please get more maps on Eggwars which encourage offensive players whilst punishing defensive players.

What I mean by this is that these types of maps won't allow you to stack up on overpowered gear and armour very quickly. In maps such as Snowy, you can rush mid and gain around a stack of gold just by camping there for around 10 seconds. From there, you're able to kill everyone else with way too much of an advantage. This playstyle seen in many other maps makes Eggwars dependant on stacking and killing others once you have a substantial advantage. With maps such as Nightmare, due to the immense size and easy accessibility to diamonds at mid, players will begin to camp at there base which results in games taking unreasonably long amounts of time.

A good map to base a more PVP oriented map would be Elven and Tentacles. Both of these maps do not provide instant access to gold (no level 3+ gold generators are found at the start of the game) along with mid being easily accessible. With mid being so close to the bases, players won't be able to camp as Tentacles has no diamond generator and requires little to no blocks in order to reach someone's base from mid, and Elven's base can be reached with a short safe-bridge (a bridge with walls to prevent getting bowed off). Even being able to get a large number of diamonds, to begin with, is a challenge on these maps because of the short-range between mid and bases, you'll constantly be rushed by other players.

In conclusion, I propose that we get more solo Eggwars maps which encourage players to become more offensive rather than defensive. While defensive maps can lead to intense fights, it will more-so result in players camping and getting unreasonably stacked. On the other hand, offensive maps will acclimate the players to a more fast-paced, PVP orientated gameplay style which would make the map selection for solo Eggwars much more diverse.

Drxqmspace.

Edit:
Please feel free to tell me what you think about this concept and if you'd like to see PVP oriented maps implemented into the CubeCraft network!

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I agree! I feel like there are currently not enough maps to rush on in solo EggWars. Maybe making some minor changes to some of the current maps will help as well. This way there doesn't have to be a massive replacing of maps (which won't happen probably).

Good suggestion!

Also, could you add a poll so people can vote on your suggestion?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom