Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regretting

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
I just realized that another server which is VERY VERY popular (I will not advertise but it has 10000+ players) uses this same idea and with a server like that, I don't think they would do that if it goes against the EULA.

And I don't think this will go against the 'Getting free soft currency by paying hard currency' because all you do is get kits unlocked that do cost points, but you don't really get free soft currency by doing that, you just get things that do cost soft currency but anyone can get. (sorry if that's confusing it made sense in my head omg)

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I just realized that another server which is VERY VERY popular (I will not advertise but it has 10000+ players) uses this same idea and with a server like that, I don't think they would do that if it goes against the EULA.

And I don't think this will go against the 'Getting free soft currency by paying hard currency' because all you do is get kits unlocked that do cost points, but you don't really get free soft currency by doing that, you just get things that do cost soft currency but anyone can get. (sorry if that's confusing it made sense in my head omg)
But all that's doing is cutting out the purchasing part. If a kit is worth 1000 points and you donate to get that kit, you get something worth 1000 points. It's literally the same thing as buying points.

Reactions: MorganPlayzMc

Regretting

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
But all that's doing is cutting out the purchasing part. If a kit is worth 1000 points and you donate to get that kit, you get something worth 1000 points. It's literally the same thing as buying points.
But it won't be worth 1000 points when you donate because it will be free c; Idk omg ill just let everyone else discuss now.

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
I just realized that another server which is VERY VERY popular (I will not advertise but it has 10000+ players) uses this same idea and with a server like that, I don't think they would do that if it goes against the EULA
Yes, if that server does it and is fine, with more than double the amount of players, it should be fine. After all, since all kits are still unlockable, no one will have an unfair advantage because everyone can use the kit (by buying it)

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
Wait, what if we made it so donators can get more gems from winning games? That way they are not affecting the gameplay itself, just the actual earning the gems.

For example:
Iron Donors-10% increase in gem earning
Obsidian Donors-100% increase in gem earning

Then we make it so everything is available to all, except it's easier for donors to get the kits, but they still have to earn it.
It's not affecting the gameplay (Pvp, etc.) just what happens afterward? @Gjpoppy

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
Wait, what if we made it so donators can get more gems from winning games? That way they are not affecting the gameplay itself, just the actual earning the gems.

For example:

Then we make it so everything is available to all, except it's easier for donors to get the kits, but they still have to earn it.
It's not affecting the gameplay (Pvp, etc.) just what happens afterward? @Gjpoppy
It's not specific in the EULA but that won't work cause it's inadvertently still giving donators a gameplay affecting advantage

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven
It's not specific in the EULA but that won't work cause it's inadvertently still giving donators a gameplay affecting advantage
It's not giving them a direct advantage. Let's say you are in a pvp battle with someone. Both of you have the default kit. If you are able to earn more points, it doesn't affect the battle. It doesn't affect how many times you swing your sword, or how much more damage you do. You have to win by yourself with no advantages, and only after the gameplay, do you get perks.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ

For example:

"Can I sell boosters, which provide faster gold gain, XP, or other in-game resources for hard currency?
No – boosters, item generators, and all other features that affect gameplay are not allowed"

It's not giving them a direct advantage. Let's say you are in a pvp battle with someone. Both of you have the default kit. If you are able to earn more points, it doesn't affect the battle. It doesn't affect how many times you swing your sword, or how much more damage you do. You have to win by yourself with no advantages, and only after the gameplay, do you get perks.
This.^

Guys, stop suggesting things that give donors advantages. I don't get what's so hard to understand. You can't give a donor any special gear that can be used to affect gameplay, even if it's the same as everyone else's gear, even if it's WORSE than everyone else's gear.

Reactions: Gjpoppy

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
We will be doing something, which will involve giving donators before the 1st special things, its just we're all on vacation (both me and @rubik_cube_man ), @Lucaritias is busy with his own things as well, so its a waiting game, next month will probably allow for things to happen and settle down more, at the moment, the server is what it is.

- Locked.

Reactions: SpritySpritz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
💙
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday:D
Reesle wrote on SalasmonkeGG's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Pluisje wrote on Hoshi's profile.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼
Top Bottom