Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would this be a good add-on to CubeCraft?

• Yes, It would add more games to be relaxed to play.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes, it would be great to play and I miss mixed arcade.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes, However mixed arcade wasn't played too much in the arcade lobby this game can be a good add-on

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, Mixed arcade wasn't played much in the arcade lobby too

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Just keep these games in featured games.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Maurijst

Novice Member
Oct 31, 2018
Netherlands
I honestly think it is a good idea to bring Mixed Arcade back on the server.

How will the leaderboard work?
The leaderboard will go by trophies which you earn by playing mixed arcade, because I don't think trophies are used that much at the moment of speaking.

What games will be in mixed arcade?
Every game has 6 rounds which will be a variety of the following games:
- Line Dash
- Slime Survival
- Wing Rush
- Paintball
- Quakecraft
- Layer Spleef

Why would this be a good add-on?
The majority of the arcade community left the server after they found out arcade was placed inside featured games instead of being permanent games, however I feel like we can bring them back to cubecraft by making the Mixed Arcade gamemode permanent.

What will it add to the server?
It will simply add games to the server which can be played by both non-pvpers and pvpers. This game would be a good game to chill and relax when you just played for example eggwars or pvp and want to do something else than PVP gamemodes.
I know we currently have Minerware which can be chill and relaxed to play but I think Mixed Arcade would be a big add-on to the server too.

What about the featured games of the games included in this gamemode?
I think all these game still deserve a spot in the featured game list after adding Mixed Arcade to cubecraft. As players also deserve to play their favourite game without playing other games.

How do we make sure people don't leave and join for their favourite game?
I don't think we can prevent this from happening although there may be a way to have all the games being at the same game at the same time. However most of the games have the function in the game where they end the game earlier than other games. For example:
Slime Survival: The main slime has turned all players into slimes. --> Game is over earlier
Line Dash: The winning color has eliminated all players before the border shrinks. --> Game is over earlier
Layer Spleef: The last player has eliminated all players before the expected time is over. --> Game is over earlier
Quakecraft: Player has the amount of eliminations before the average time is over. --> Game is over earlier
Paintball: Team has 2 flags or the amount of eliminations before the average time. --> Game is over earlier
Wing Rush: Player finished before the average time is over. --> Game is over earlier.

However this can be prevent by having a longer lobby time (ETA 2 mins) or by only letting players join at the start of the game or when the game is in need of more players (when under 6 players).

How will the players come back to the server?
I think by using the MOTD, Discord- and Forum announcements and Youtubers. That we can get all the previous arcade players back to cubecraft and maybe have a chance of bringing new players to the server.

Will the games be randomized every game?
Yes they will be randomized every game, but there will be a chance of it being the same order 2 games in a row.

Won't this affect featured games and will those games be still played?
Yes, because there will always be players who want to play their game without having to play other arcade games before their game shows up once in the 6 rounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading this suggestion, I hope you like it if you have any suggestions on it or concerns please feel free to let me know. For example if you vote no on this. I would like to know why you are saying no. Because I am interested on opinions on this and would love to know if people like it or not.

Thanks in Advance!

SortaBlue ~ Maurice.

Crispee_

Apr 28, 2017
I think [personally] that we can include games such as skywars into it aswell. But minigames only are going to be stable so its just my opinion.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes please! I used to be an arcade player and I would LOVE to see mixed arcade back! However, I'm not sure if there will be enough players and if this game will stay active, so I don't know if it's actually a good idea or not.

I think [personally] that we can include games such as skywars into it aswell. But minigames only are going to be stable so its just my opinion.
No, Skywars is not part of arcade. I played arcade a lot because there were no PvP games there and I like to play something different than PvP games sometimes. adding Skywars to mixed arcade will ruin the idea of arcade imo, I'm sorry.

Reactions: Ducky and Hoshi

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Mixed Arcade, yes. Adding Skywars to that, no.

I know there was a Mixed Arcade before, but the entire Arcade mode got removed and I don't know why, maybe too less players? Anyhow, I really liked Arcade and the mode of mixing them was amazing, different games as a sort of marathon after each other with at the final end, a winner of course and in between MVP's of the games.

As of for adding games such as Skywars, I'm gonna have to agree with @S4nne. Skywars is a PvP game and Arcade is just not.

Reactions: S4nne
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom