Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Miniature expansion
Miniatures are dumb. They're bite-sized armour stands in clothes that follow you around. Wouldn't it be cool if they had some other function, say, if we could level them up and earn rewards for doing so?

New Miniatures [Individual Purchase]
Okay, so currently, if you want a miniature you have to buy them in a pack, forcing you to buy multiple. This not only bumps the price of a meaningless vanity item up to £7 but is indeed a waste of money, because you are going to have a favourite; the other two miniatures will never be used. Here are a few new miniature ideas that can be purchased individually:

Cube Miniature (Mythical Cubelet reward)
A lobby companion with the head of Cubecraft’s logo. Level it up by playing on the network to unlock epic rewards!

Herobrine Miniature (£3.99)
A lobby companion with the head of Herobrine. Level it up by playing on the network to unlock epic rewards!

Meme Miniature(s) (£3.99)
A lobby companion with the head of (X meme). Level it up by playing on the network to unlock epic rewards!

Angel Miniature (£3.99)
A lobby companion with the head of an Angel. Level it up by playing on the network to unlock epic rewards!

Dragon Miniature (£4.99)
A lobby companion with the head of a ferocious beast. Level it up by playing on the network to unlock epic rewards!

Heart-eye Miniature (£4.99)
A lobby companion with the head of an infatuated love interest. Level it up by playing on the network to unlock epic rewards!

Smiley-eye Miniature (£4.99)
A lobby companion with the head of a smiley-eyed friend. Level it up by playing on the network to unlock epic rewards!

With miniatures marketed at £3.99, players have a cheaper alternative if all they want is a single miniature. Moreover, people will be more inclined to buy the packs since they’ll be getting a major bargain for multi-buying (£3.99 each, or three for £7). A couple of miniatures could be sold a little higher (£4.99) depending on demand, the price increase being justified by better upgrades (explained below).

Meme Miniatures
So, you probably noticed that above, I proposed adding 'Meme Miniature(s)'. What I mean by this, is that meme-related Miniatures should be added regularly, according to whatever the latest meme is. Think about how much money could've been made from adding a Ugandan Knuckles Miniature back in January, or the Spaghet Bear back in December. People are willing to throw away their money on memes, because time after time they just assume that the meme will go on forever and they'll get their money's worth. Make these memes a limited-time-only deal as well, further enticing people to buy a Miniature of their favourite memes at the time.

Pros:
-More money means more developers
-More developers means more games
-More games means more Arcade content
-More Arcade content means happy Sophie
-CCG becomes a meme dump

Cons:
-Quetzi won't like it

Miniature Upgrades – Earn Rewards with your Miniature!

So, we can equip a miniature. Who cares? Nobody is going to see it and if they do have players enabled for whatever reason, they’re hardly going to care that you spent £7 on a vanity item.

Except now, by right-clicking on your miniature, an interface will open up displaying an array of rewards that you can unlock by levelling up your miniature, which is done by completing specific games with it equipped. Every miniature will have a few “global rewards” that are earned regardless, and a few “specific rewards” that vary depending on the miniature. Miniatures require 140,000 experience points to get to level thirty-one (max level), however experience can only be earned in specific games. For example, the Herobrine Miniature may earn experience in the PvP lobby, whereas the Angel Miniature may only earn experience in Skywars. In other words, you finally have a reason to change your miniature, as well as a reason to buy more.

Here’s an example of the interface:
upload_2018-3-12_16-38-43.png

Here are the rewards for levelling up your miniature(s):
Quartz block
– Level 2 – 250 experience, 50 vanity points
Lapiz block – Level 5 – 500 experience, 100 vanity points
Redstone block – Level 10 – Miniature-exclusive reward (off-hand equippable item)
Iron block – Level 15 – 2,500 experience, 500 vanity points, 1 cubelet
Gold block – Level 20 – Miniature-exlclusive reward (on-hand equippable item)
Diamond block – Level 25 - 5,000 experience, 1,000 vanity points, 4 cubelets
Emerald block – Level 30 – 10,000 experience, 2,500 vanity points, 8 cubelets
Head – Level 31 – Miniature-exclusive reward (miniature’s hat)

The following dialogue will display whenever your Miniature levels up:
'(Your Miniature) has reached level X!'
'(Your Miniature) has reached level X, and has unlocked a new reward!'

Note: Due to the nature of obtaining them, the Grim Reaper and Creeper miniatures will offer no rewards.

Feed your Miniature
Miniatures replaced pets, which is a shame because pets had way more interaction, and were way cooler. Miniatures are really bland and uninspired to me; it's literally a small armour stand that follows you around, that you cannot interact with at all.

Your Miniature will become hungry every one-thousand experience earned. When hungry, it will earn experience at half the usual rate. To sate its hunger, you can feed it either a cubelet, or 2,500 vanity points. Doing so might award you some experience points, but it's not a certainty.

This feature is aimed to be both a cubelet and vanity point sink, and we all know how badly we need the latter.

The following dialogue will appear when your Miniature becomes hungry:
'(Your Miniature) is hungry! Feed it a cubelet by right-clicking on it!'
'(Your Miniature) only earned half the experience. Feed it a cubelet to sate its hunger!'

Name your Miniature

To further encourage interactions with your Miniature, you can name it via the Miniature interface. Its name will be displayed both above its head, and in dialogues when it becomes hungry or levels up. At long last, your Miniature is more than just a bland, hollow armour stand.

Note that other players cannot see your Miniature's name under any circumstances, so feel free to call it some bad words if you're really that childish.

Vanity in the waiting lobby

This has been suggested countless times before, but for the sake of its relevancy I’ll mention it again.

Vanity currently holds no value whatsoever because any sane person will naturally play with players disabled; nobody can see the gear you’re wearing. The obvious solution would be to enable vanity in waiting lobbies, alongside the menu itself. It’ll give players something to talk about at the very least, whilst waiting for the game to start, and with miniatures having a progression system, you’ll have something to occupy your mind.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-12_15-28-29.png
    upload_2018-3-12_15-28-29.png
    212 KB · Views: 120
  • upload_2018-3-12_15-36-53.png
    upload_2018-3-12_15-36-53.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I pretty much support everything mentioned here, but sadly there's one thing I'm not to keen on:
Note: Due to the nature of obtaining them, the Grim Reaper and Creeper miniatures will offer no rewards.
I don't want to unequip the creeper miniature to level another miniature up is this is ever added :(

Oh and I like how you kept an eye on the miniature leveling rewards to make sure it stays EULA compliant. Good touch!

Jsnakebfksns

Mar 9, 2018
i like it but the only thing is that the level for upgrade you'r miniatuur need sto be higher. every level up 10 levels higher

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthdayyy!!!! 🍰
SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
🤍
Top Bottom