Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob12dx

Novice Member
Jun 11, 2020
Pennsylvania
Hello!

Many of people say MinerWare is too easy and boring, so I have compiled a list of changes to the microgames that could make it enjoyable.
Let me know in the replies what ideas you like and/or dislike and if you have anything else to add :)

• Find the Button (Rework)
    • Add several buttons and require the player have to press a few of them to win.
  • TNT Run (Boss Game)
    • Increase time from 90 to 120 seconds.
  • Shear Sheep
    • Decrease the number of sheep that spawn.
  • Less is Better
    • Just remove it.
  • Hole in the Wall
    • Needs to be much harder. Add tighter spaces and speed up the walls.
  • Harvest the Crop and Find the Sapling
    • Make the target sapling/crop spawn less frequently and/or decrease time.
  • Evade the Pig
    • Improve the Pig's AI and make it faster.
  • Escape the Croc
    • Increase the croc's speed.
  • Fight and Sleep
    • Decrease number of beds.

Feedback is appreciated!

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Shear sheep has always been by far my most hated micro game, due to the fact that I believe players who use specific input devices are given an advantage over others. I play on mobile with split controls toggled off, and the only way I know to shear is to tap and hold on a sheep while selecting shears. You have to hold for around a second , and can only shear 1 sheep at a time. I believe players who use other control methods are able to shear sheep in less than a second. This issue makes this micro game completely unfair, and I would prefer it get removed or replaced by a similar game.

Thjis

Mood
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jan 26, 2021
Heee, cool sugestion's! With the new 1.19 update a few of these things will change :). But i still think minerware shouldn't be hard to play while being playable on each device, so a few gamemodes being less hard is (what i think) finee!

Reactions: jacob12dx

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Whilst I do agree that most microgames are pretty easy, I can’t really say much as I am a PC player. A lot of these microgames will likely never change this drastically unless a PC-only mode comes out. I’m not saying that every mobile player plays terribly, because quite a number of them are actually really good and can keep up with games like these, but it would heavily affect new and lesser skilled players’ enjoyment.

Find the button is annoying enough with players being able to hit each other and the button already being the same colour as the platform and pillars. The only way this game could improve more is perhaps by adding more pillars as currently there is a high chance of the button spawning in an open space.

The TNT run time should not be increased in my opinion. 90 seconds is usually enough time for most people to fall off or through all the platforms and with another 30 seconds added to the game, you’d have no platform to walk or run over left. I think it is perfect as it is. The only improvement I could ever see it getting and benefitting from is a visual update, using gravel along with sand for different layers to change up the scenery in specific maps. But that’s not a necessity, so.

Shear sheep is perfectly fine as it is as well. I’ve had several games where I actually struggled with shearing enough sheep as practically everyone in the game was a PC player. Imagine how that would feel if you’re one of the only mobile players. Fortunately, there’s a delay on shearing sheep on all devices, but I’ve seen that that still isn’t enough. @roxrock really is spitting facts. It was a good competitive microgame for Java, but Bedrock simply hits different.

Less is better is one of the microgames you simply need luck and a little bit of timing for. I’m not the biggest fan of it, but I don’t think it should be removed. It’s a chill game in between all the PvP and swiftness of the other microgames. Kind of like the “Answer the question” microgame. Come to think of it, I haven’t had that one in a while…

I feel like your idea for hole in the wall is another case of “it’s difficult for mobile players”, especially considering this microgame is all about timing and placement. Personally wouldn’t change it. Again, if there would be a PC-only mode though, I’d love to see this change. It was a thing in Hard Mode on Java.

You might not have played the new beta yet, but Harvest the crop & Find the sapling are actually changed there. It takes a little longer for the crops and saplings to load in and you finally get to see how many tries you have left, which are reduced to three tries. I enjoyed playing MinerWare during the testing sessions and this one definitely stood out to me.

As for the Evade the pig microgame, it is also changed in 1.19 update, pretty much precisely according to your suggestion.

Even with the whole “mobile players” argument, I do think that Escape the croc could use a bit more speed. I could try to test-run it sometime on mobile if I ever decide to hop on my iPad I guess, to see if I’m not spouting nonsense. I personally think the change this microgame needs the most is to make the blocks that are broken by the croc regenerate faster. It’s easy to get stuck in these areas if you’re far ahead and getting stuck in them can actually lead to getting kicked and is just generally annoying.

Lastly, about Fight and sleep, I think this this microgame could use a lot more tweaks than just getting rid of some beds. This microgame is known for people just camping next to beds, not fighting, and therefore making everyone lose as one person can’t fight off every single one, and even if they manage to, they likely won’t have a bed. I personally think players should get rewarded for actually fighting off the horde, possibly by not allowing players to get in the beds unless they’ve killed at least one zombie, or by making players take damage if they aren’t fighting for a set amount of time. Anyway, those are just some silly ideas.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Whilst I do agree that most microgames are pretty easy, I can’t really say much as I am a PC player. A lot of these microgames will likely never change this drastically unless a PC-only mode comes out. I’m not saying that every mobile player plays terribly, because quite a number of them are actually really good and can keep up with games like these, but it would heavily affect new and lesser skilled players’ enjoyment.

I feel like your idea for hole in the wall is another case of “it’s difficult for mobile players”, especially considering this microgame is all about timing and placement. Personally wouldn’t change it. Again, if there would be a PC-only mode though, I’d love to see this change. It was a thing in Hard Mode on Java.

Even with the whole “mobile players” argument, I do think that Escape the croc could use a bit more speed. I could try to test-run it sometime on mobile if I ever decide to hop on my iPad I guess, to see if I’m not spouting nonsense. I personally think the change this microgame needs the most is to make the blocks that are broken by the croc regenerate faster. It’s easy to get stuck in these areas if you’re far ahead and getting stuck in them can actually lead to getting kicked and is just generally annoying.
As a mobile player, I would be happy if either of these games were made more difficult, as I have no trouble completing them. Unlike shear sheep, nothing about the touchscreen input system is holding mobile players back to completing these as easily as a PC player. Whenever I loose in these games, which is not often, I feel that it is my fault , not the game’s fault. In my opinion, cubecraft should let players with ranks vote for “harder micro-games” which increase the difficulty of certain micro games, such as these.

IPadSweat

May 15, 2023
I mean, as a mobile player, I disagree and agree with some of these. I don’t think making tnt run longer, as I have only ever won once in the like 5 years I have been playing Minerware. Same thing with shear sheep. It takes about one second to shear a sheep on mobile supposed to instant for computer but I have to agree with the less is better. It is 0% skill and only luck and is a terrible microgame.

Magnomon

Dec 28, 2022
Germany
Hello!

Many of people say MinerWare is too easy and boring, so I have compiled a list of changes to the microgames that could make it enjoyable.
Let me know in the replies what ideas you like and/or dislike and if you have anything else to add :)

• Add several buttons and require the player have to press a few of them to win.
  • TNT Run (Boss Game)
  • Shear Sheep
  • Less is Better
    • Just remove it.
  • Hole in the Wall
  • Evade the Pig
  • Escape the Croc
  • Fight and Sleep

Feedback is appreciated!
I like your idea for find the Button.
But the other ideas...
U have to remember not everyone in the lobby is a pro or even good at the game. If you do every single minigame harder, New players wont even have a chance and i dont think theyd have fun while playing, which is really important. If this would be like an "hard mode" minerware then it could maybe be a good idea, but for normal minerware? Nah

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hello!

• TNT Run (Boss Game)
  • Shear Sheep
  • Less is Better
    • Just remove it.
  • Hole in the Wall
  • Evade the Pig
  • Escape the Croc
  • Fight and Sleep

Feedback is appreciated!
The only suggestion I agree with is to increase the croc’s speed in “Escape The Croc”. Sorry, but that = :disagree:

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hoshi pretty much says my thoughts I just want to add more to less is more (not a debunk by the way just an add on)
Less is better is one of the microgames you simply need luck and a little bit of timing for. I’m not the biggest fan of it, but I don’t think it should be removed. It’s a chill game in between all the PvP and swiftness of the other microgames. Kind of like the “Answer the question” microgame. Come to think of it, I haven’t had that one in a while…
This game does has some strategy involved. It gives you the time too check on the leaderboard and find out who your biggest competition is. It also let's you screw over whoever is your biggest threat by just following them. This one only really sucks when you get it right at the start and you don't have a good feel of the competition or when your so far behind that you don't have any competition as your below everyone else.

Reactions: Reesle and Hoshi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom