• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Hello! I am VERY proud to announce my very first map submission, Ruins! I don't exactly know what to say about a MinerWare map except for the fact that 30 minutes of my life went to making sure that you couldn't reach the map from the platform, lol. I put a lot of time and effort into this map so I hope you guys enjoy it. (I am very open to feedback on any part of the map, please help me make this map as good as possible.)
Thanks!
~Ender

Images (Without Shaders) : https://imgur.com/a/9vuFEF4
Images (With Shaders) : https://imgur.com/a/wMhMFRV

*Sorry about the interesting image angles, photography is not my strongest aspect :P

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I love what you have so far! It seems like minerware maps tend to be more crammed with stuff. You want to be able to play the map 50 times and still be able to notice something new so I would prefer it being more dense with things. More ruins! Also it looks like the bottom of the map may be completely flat so you might want to do some terraforming as players get down there quite a lot.

A big goal is to make it feel (from the platform) that the area spans much further than it does with lots of background objects so it feels much more immersed. I like the spacing at the front so just work on the back. I can't tell you exactly what because I'm unsure myself.

The stone on the platform looks like it might be off centre (hard to tell with the angles) and that might bug a lot of people. Maybe line the edges of the stone with chiselled bricks?

Great job so far! If you post map updates, that is also a good way to bump it to get more responses!

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I tried to set this build in the background, is this what you mean? and for the two people who voted no, can you please give me some feedback to help me improve it?
Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 10.03.40 AM.png

Reactions: JDgamers

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I tried to set this build in the background, is this what you mean? and for the two people who voted no, can you please give me some feedback to help me improve it?
View attachment 161202
Yes that's a good start! Basically keep building various things around so you can't see much of the vast emptiness at eye level. I don't have many ideas for what however, so try and ask other people possibly?

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
It looks very messy with dirt blocks being on top of each other. I'd say repaint it with overlay brush on so the grassblocks won't stack on top of each other, or then do //replace <2,159:5 3
I think the platform looks fairly messy as the colors don't blend in with each other. There is grass, stonebrick, junglewood logs, leaves and lime terracotta. The temple could have more details and you could use more cobblestone in it. I'd suggest to fill the rest of the terrain with grass and vines, vines could be hanging from the trees. (you can find some neat vine commands for FAWE if you google search them.)
I think there is too much of lime terracotta, I usually go with 60-75% of grass and 40-25% of lime terracotta. The stone could be replaced with andesite and light gray wool or mix those both with stone. (you could do many different variations mixing those three.)
There could be different mushrooms variations and you could rotate them around and paste them like you probably have done with those you have right now.
After taking a closer look to this map; No, I unfortunately won't play this map.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
It looks very messy with dirt blocks being on top of each other. I'd say repaint it with overlay brush on so the grassblocks won't stack on top of each other, or then do //replace <2,159:5 3
I think the platform looks fairly messy as the colors don't blend in with each other. There is grass, stonebrick, junglewood logs, leaves and lime terracotta. The temple could have more details and you could use more cobblestone in it. I'd suggest to fill the rest of the terrain with grass and vines, vines could be hanging from the trees. (you can find some neat vine commands for FAWE if you google search them.)
I think there is too much of lime terracotta, I usually go with 60-75% of grass and 40-25% of lime terracotta. The stone could be replaced with andesite and light gray wool or mix those both with stone. (you could do many different variations mixing those three.)
There could be different mushrooms variations and you could rotate them around and paste them like you probably have done with those you have right now.
After taking a closer look to this map; No, I unfortunately won't play this map.
ok, i will work on that, thank you for the feedback

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello itzEnd3r thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, collectively the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:

- It simply doesn't have enough interesting content on the map, we feel the quality isn't quite there yet. Minerware is the one game you aren't restricted by gameplay. You can just be creative!
- Strip the idea right down and think 'What is nature?' When I go for a walk through the woods, even looking at a movie like lord of the rings and the ancient woodlands. What do you see? When I walk through the woods, I see ferns sprawling through the overgrown ground cover of ivy. I see the twisting turning trees, branches, intricately twisting to get to the light of the sun, each different from the other. Some trees may have branches broken from storms, these become rotting homes for thousands bugs, with mushrooms growing out of them. I see huge rocks and boulders and wonder how did they get there, if you applied this with the ruins concept perhaps think of stonehenge? However an overgrown version... use real life landmarks, book illustrations and adapt them to your own interpretation.
- If you wanted to be different.... why not be inspired from Avatar?
- Your theme is 'ruins' but the temple is tiny! The mushroom should not be bigger than the Aztec pyramid, already remember scale.
- TDLR: Add more interesting content and be more creative!
- Please use 'upload a file' instead of imgur links, we don't like imgur links

Please do not be disheartened by the above comments and take some of the advice on board if you wish to submit another map in future, thanks!

From a previous Minerware Submission might be useful too:
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp/?id=74f6b556-2004-4fd7-82b1-422487729b07
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp/?id=1179877c-6e6f-422c-a1da-b631338b85c6

Wing Rush
Ignore sponge it's what we had to do for config for special hoops mode. However to better illustrate the point. The nature map took me and 1 other builder 80+ hours. However you can see there are lots of different types of organics, big flower designs, even the way the cliffs look are different as it transitions into the next area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom