Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which of these suggestions would you like to have?

• Remove the chat filter at the party chat.

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Update Speed Eggwars

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Give Vanity an update.

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Add Croubs to Cubecraft

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Update the site

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • All of them :D

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • None of them :c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
But, you’re with your friends!
Literally logged on and invited the first person I saw typing in a lobby to a party.
2018-01-17_12.50.26.png

Being in a party doesn't mean you're with your friends. Same argument goes for /fmsg. You can add people and they will accept.

‘’Omfg, how did I lose that fight? Ffs I’m so bad lmfao.’’
I can somewhat understand why people would use these, since they're pretty well ingrained into internet culture at this point. We generally don't punish players who say these, as long as they're not being used to upset, harass, annoy, etc. other players. Pretty sure most of these aren't even blocked.

‘’What?! We did all that just so he could bhop on us? Son of a b****!’’
I just don't see any reason to use language this coarse on a server full of elementary school kids. You don't need to swear to get your point across.

We’re not swearing AT them. If you are swearing at them it would be something like: ‘’Omfg you’re such a b*** why tf did you kill me? I thought we were a team you motherf*****’’
We can detect words, not intent. Yeah, you might be quoting a song or a meme or making a joke with a friend involving a swear word. You might also be calling some poor 7-year-old a bunch of really hurtful words. We cannot detect who your friends are and who's ok with you swearing around them. If you find the filter that obstructive, you can always hop on a Discord server and swear all you like there.

‘’But you see, adding this chat filter, is going to make people less toxic and that’s the point of the filter..’’
The chat filter isn’t even going to begin making people less toxic.. And you might think, that the chat filter doesn’t do anything bad.. But it actually does.. Because blocking someones chat, isn’t going to make them less mad.. No, it’s going to even make them more mad. Do you think they’re going to be less mad and not call somebody a b****? No, now they’re going to call him/her a b**** and on top of that: they’ll even get more mad!
Why do people still think the filter will make people more mad and make people not call somebody a b****?
‘’Oh well, I can’t say he’s a b****. Guess I’ll be his best friend and give him a compliment about his nice name!’’
No, nobody will do this. Chat filter is not going to stop anyone from not swearing. They’ll just find a way around it.
The chat filter isn't some magical thing that makes everyone be friends. That's insane. The chat filter blocks people from swearing and that's really it. After trying to send a swear word 4 times and getting blocked every time, you're eventually just going to give up and get over it. It's just gamer salt. It goes away in a minute. It doesn't make people less toxic; it just slightly helps to keep their toxicity to themselves. People will ALWAYS be toxic. There's no fixing human nature.

Speed Eggwars Update (Credit: @ArianaBrrrande):
I don't play Speed Eggwars, so my feedback here is pretty much useless. It's probably pretty good though!

Vanity Update
Hats are always nice. I like the unicorn horn idea. 100% agree that we need more gadgets, more unique trails, and better win effects. That rainbow spiral is blowing my mind and I love it. I think this year's Christmas tree win effect was a good demonstration of what we can do with particles. I look forward to our next vanity update, whenever it may be!

Interesting name. I like the idea, but at the same time, I really don't. I feel that our recent chat update really helped to get rid of all of our clutter and ugly chat. I fear that this may just bring it back. Perhaps if it was something with more features than just a vanity title, I'd be more open to it. As it is now though, I'm not a fan.

Removing Status Posts
It's either this or having staff constantly being annoyed over petty drama and silly posts. I feel that letting people delete stuff on their profiles is fine.

Black Theme
tenor.gif

People say staff looks at all the suggestions, and I believe that. But I have to believe that when they aren't even fixing bugs for so long, they are actually listening to the community? Parkour has been in maintenance for over 2 years. UHC is dead, almost nothing works in the creative menu. People are crashing or getting kicked playing Tower Defence and you’re giving us a Death Messages Update….?
You’re... You’re giving us an update.. For.. Death Messages instead of getting your stuff together and making your server better..
I'm actually really pleased that you brought this up, as it is something I've wanted to comment on for a very long time. Yes, it seems like we're adding stupid stuff while neglecting major issues. Creative whitelist is dead? Add a new hub! UHC is randomly crashing? Time for a chat update!

We've recently expanded our developer team quite a bit. I don't know how much I'm allowed to say without breaking NDA, but we now have a developer who's basically doing nothing but bug fixes. Yes, this is LONG overdue, but I'm so pleased to have it happening. You may have noticed that the creative whitelist is fixed, that UHC's map generation is once again random and the nether no longer breaks the game. Bugs in other less popular games like Minerware are being fixed as I write this post.

I want to thank @Camezonda , our product manager, for getting all of this progress made. His job is basically to find issues with the server, the forums, and other products and to just continuously yell at the dev and management team until things get fixed. He's doing a great job so far, and I am so pleased to have him as a co-worker.

As for games that haven't gotten attention in a while, I'll say this: if the ice cream machine in a restaurant suddenly breaks, the whole restaurant doesn't shut down until it's fixed; it continues serving what it can while the maintenance guy gets it back working. We have many devs working on many projects. Just because we're releasing the mystery armor stands in the hub tomorrow doesn't mean we don't currently have a dev working on an update or patch for your favorite game for the upcoming weeks. It would be silly to stick all of our devs on the same project; they'd all just end up butting heads and having to rewrite their own code to make it work with everyone elses'.

In short, things are getting fixed. It took way too long for us to start fixing them, but they're getting fixed.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom