Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which idea do you like most / want me to create an in-depth thread for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Whilst on my train ride home, I always like to do something productive. I will either read some tech news from google now, or do a bit of homework. This week, I decided to try something different. I started off a little note file where I could place down all the Cube related ideas that come into my head; that way I won’t forget them ^_^

FFA Line Dash

Line Dash is by far my favourite game on Cubecraft. You don’t have to be amazing at PvP, instead you just need to be able to spam the living daylight out of your space-bar (as well as developing skills to cut people off etc). Line Dash is currently a team game, however I think a solo version of this game would be a nice challenge for more advanced players.

FFA Line Dash would have a similar kind of feel to Assassination! It would have shops, bounties and its own currency!

Coins: You would be able to get these by killing other opponents, picking them up from power ups and from killing bounties.

Shops: Here you would be able to buy items such as speed potions, invincibility potions, invisibility potions and compass’s etc.

Bounties: At all the shops there would be a bounty man, if you have bought a compass, it will tell you who your bounty is on the map.

Solution to camping: When standing still your hunger will rapidly decrease (just like in assassin’s shops).

In this gamemode, teaming will be allowed.

Single Player Line Dash (arcade)

This is very self-explanatory, it’s line dash without teams. Same concept, same powerups, same player limit, however you do not have anyone to back you up. In this gamemode, teaming will not be allowed.

whack-a-mole (Arcade game)

I’m sure everyone here has played, or heard of, whack-a-mole. In my opinion, this could be a great new arcade game!

In this game, players will be put into their own areas, in front of them will be a ‘board’. When mobs jump up and out of the holes in the board, it is the players job to ‘Whack’ them with their arrows! You would be able to buy kits that give you special bows, or vanity items to change the appearance of your board. This game could also work with snow balls.

In this game, you will get points for hitting the mobs. Some mobs will pop up for a long amount of time (they will be worth less points), and some will only pop up very briefly (these will be worth more points). It will be the player with the highest amount of points that wins.

Last man standing, Mob Arena

I remember back in the old days, there used to be server that had a last man standing game, where you had to compete against mobs. This used to be one of my favourite games!

This idea is where everyone would be put into a confined space where mobs can spawn anywhere during the rounds. The game would be separated into rounds, and each round would increase in difficulty. There would not be any shops, the only way to get better items would be by destroying mobs.

The mobs could have extra health or special abilities, and once you are dead from the game, you would be made into one of the mobs that get released each round. In this game, your hunger would not decrease.

You would also be able to pick classes at the start of the game (e.g axe man, archer, swordsman etc). As you kill more mobs, your XP bar would show you how close you are to having a gear upgrade.

Having a rank would mean that you have a choice of more classes to choose from, you can buy more classes with CCG points.

In this gamemode, teaming is allowed.

Quake Craft Revamp (arcade)

As I am sure many of you know, Quake Craft was removed in the recent arcade update; this caused quite a lot of pain for some of the OG players on Cube. I have seen multiple posts on bringing Quake Craft back, but I thought I would mention it here so I can say some ideas that may be cool to add.

I was thinking of a version of Quake Craft with power ups and new maps. This would be a solo game; the winner would be the first person to reach 15 kills. Each time you die, your respawn time increases, however if you kill the current leader of the game, you increase their next respawn time.

Some examples of the power ups are: Speed, invincibility, invisibility, jump boost, machine gun, shotgun and blindness.

There could also be a team version of the game.

Obstacle course (arcade)

I remember as a child watching the legendary TV show “Total Wipeout”. In this show, players would attempt to cross a map with many hazards in the fastest possible time. This game mode has been recreated on many Garrys Mod servers, but not very much on Minecraft.

This would be a solo game where everyone would be released at the top of the hill. Some of the obstacles could include: Flowing water, 1 block wide bridges with speed, vine climbing, sucker punch walls (with pistons randomly coming out) and slime block jumps. This game could also have lots of difficult parkour and elytra jumps.

The top timed players of each round would progress to harder stages until there is only one winner.

Tron (arcade)

In this game, players would be given around speed 10. They would be set to run along a bendy track where unit collision is enabled. They would be able to gain power ups to try and slow down their enemies. Examples of power ups could be: Splash Slowness potions, Splash Poison potions, Blindness, Jump boost etc. There could also be some negative power ups such as lightning, slowness or severely decreased FOV.

Party improvements

When you join someone’s party, if they are in a game you just have to sit in a lobby waiting for them to join a new one. This suggestion would mean that when you join a party, you are automatically added as a spectator to the game which your fellow party members are in. From my understanding, this may not be possible due to lack of extra spaces in the servers (this is the reason why staff cannot join random games).

A second improvement, is that when you are in a party with only 2 people, you are able to do duels (party leader decides on the duel).

Tower Defence improvements

These improvements rely on Cube updating to the latest version of Minecraft. If they were to update, TD could add some of the amazing new mobs! I also feel that tower defence needs to have some kind of update. Within this update, there could be new towers, mobs and classes.

An example of a new tower could be the ‘worm hole’. As mobs walk past, it sucks in their energy, once it reaches maximum capacity, a hole appears in the floor meaning that all mobs will drop to their death.

Another example could be the machine gun tower, this tower would shoot arrows at a very high speed towards incoming mobs. This tower could also be boarded by players so they can control it. It will be like some kind of flying plane shooter simulator!

Dropper game (arcade)

Droppers are very fun, and I feel that they would be an awesome addition to mixed arcades. All players would start at the top of the map and try to drop into very small areas of water to survive. They would have a limited amount of time to complete the dropper. Player that finish first will be able to apply negative effects (such as blindness) to the players still trying to complete the dropper. At the start of each game, a controlled will be selected. The controlled will have the power to give random effects to people of their choice. This would give them a lot of power upon who wins.

Conclusion

A lot of these ideas are very simple or undeveloped. For this reason, I will be creating a poll for each suggestion. The poll will close after 1 week. For the top voted idea, I will create a much more in-depth thread :)

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed some of my ideas!

Last edited:

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com

I remember back in the old days, there used to be server that had a last man standing game, where you had to compete against mobs. This used to be one of my favourite games!

This idea is where everyone would be put into a confined space where mobs can spawn anywhere during the rounds. The game would be separated into rounds, and each round would increase in difficulty. There would not be any shops, the only way to get better items would be by destroying mobs.

The mobs could have extra health or special abilities, and once you are dead from the game, you would be made into one of the mobs that get released each round. In this game, your hunger would not decrease.

You would also be able to pick classes at the start of the game (e.g axe man, archer, swordsman etc). As you kill more mobs, your XP bar would show you how close you are to having a gear upgrade.

Having a rank would mean that you have a choice of more classes to choose from, you can buy more classes with CCG points.

Add Voting option please, ty

Reactions: Laskyy

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Add Voting option please, ty
p.png

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
As much as I'd love to see many of these implemented, the chances are so few, you know that for a fact Grim, that the staff members won't listen.
Although, I still love all your ideas.

Reactions: Grimmay
D

Deleted member 204478

Amazing thread, some great ideas you have there Grim.
They're all good, but I would have to say my favourites are the 'Dropper' minigame and Single Player Line Dash. These are two things I would love to see, Arcade will become much better after that's added!
One thing to mention, the 'Tron' suggestion sounds a lot like Line Dash in the thread, could you explain the main differences between them?
Great thread though, I really hope at least 1 or 2 of these gets added, as these ideas are superb! :)

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
When did you have the time to make this LOL.

When I got home from school today :) I found it fun tbh.
Amazing thread, some great ideas you have there Grim.
They're all good, but I would have to say my favourites are the 'Dropper' minigame and Single Player Line Dash. These are two things I would love to see, Arcade will become much better after that's added!
One thing to mention, the 'Tron' suggestion sounds a lot like Line Dash in the thread, could you explain the main differences between them?
Great thread though, I really hope at least 1 or 2 of these gets added, as these ideas are superb! :)

In line dash you are unable to fall off the edge, in tron, you are. Tron is more about speed and trying to stay on the track :-)

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I really hope these ideas get added! They are very well thought out and sound fun to play. I voted for mob arena as I really like the concept and I don't really get any practise fighting mobs. The only games I'm not sure about would be the FFA line dash, I'm not sure why, I just wouldn't really play it if it was added. The worm tower defence tower, however, sounds awesome! I also like the idea of a dropper arcade game (even though I'd completely fail as I am horrifyingly bad at droppers)

N

Nikboo

Here are my comments for a couple of suggestions you've made. If I didn't comment on a suggestion, then that's probably because I don't have anything to comment about them. They're good ideas.

FFA Line Dash

Sorry, but I don't really think they should implement this. Line dash is only a simple arcade game. I personally think it should stay in the arcade. An FFA Line Dash gamemode would probably divide the players of Line Dash.

Single Player Line Dash

Cool idea. I personally think that a single player mode that rankers can vote for should be added to all arcade games.

Wack-a-Mole Game

Oh my god, yes!!
This would be a great addition to arcade games! I would love for there to be a wack-a-mole type game!

Quake Craft - Revamp

Sure. Why not?
Quite a few players liked Quake including myself. It would be nice for it to return. :P

Obstacle course

I wouldn't mind some sort of parkour race however, Hive does have this. Not saying we're completely original however, it's hard to compete with something that other servers are already dominating the game with.

Party Improvements

The spectator thing would be great. I would love for it to be added.

For duels, I've asked Rubik and it's something that would take a lot of time to do. It may not be something we can do in the near future.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
This is something I'd like to see a return, I always love battling mobs and feel like I'm part of a army. Really interesting game and would give fun hours of gameplay.

Tron (arcade)
Could elaborate this a bit more please :)

A second improvement, is that when you are in a party with only 2 people, you are able to do duels (party leader decides on the duel).
Agree with this one, I sat there for 2 minutes trying to figure out why duels weren't working when I was in a party with my friend.

Dropper game (arcade)
I would expand upon this, like a PvP game. For instance if you completed the green dropper, you'd get a single diamond. Keep grinding it until you have 24, and craft yourself a full diamond set. Some droppers give special items like sticks, strings, flint and feathers, for crafting swords and bows.

The droppers would be difficulty-based, for example
Diamond - Hardest Difficulty
Iron - Moderate Difficulty
Leather - Easy Difficulty

I would make the droppers random aswell, so there aren't people who mastered a single dropper and win everytime.

Pandaa

Forum Expert
FFA Line Dash

Line Dash is by far my favourite game on Cubecraft. You don’t have to be amazing at PvP, instead you just need to be able to spam the living daylight out of your space-bar (as well as developing skills to cut people off etc). Line Dash is currently a team game, however I think a solo version of this game would be a nice challenge for more advanced players.

FFA Line Dash would have a similar kind of feel to Assassination! It would have shops, bounties and its own currency!

Coins: You would be able to get these by killing other opponents, picking them up from power ups and from killing bounties.

Shops: Here you would be able to buy items such as speed potions, invincibility potions, invisibility potions and compass’s etc.

Bounties: At all the shops there would be a bounty man, if you have bought a compass, it will tell you who your bounty is on the map.

Solution to camping: When standing still your hunger will rapidly decrease (just like in assassin’s shops).

In this gamemode, teaming will be allowed.
I think you do not need to include a whole assassinations server for this game. The chance of dying would be huge. I do, however, like the idea of adding a solo version of line dash as sometimes your teammates can get quite annoying.
Single Player Line Dash (arcade)
This is very self-explanatory, it’s line dash without teams. Same concept, same powerups, same player limit, however you do not have anyone to back you up. In this gamemode, teaming will not be allowed.
Just like this! ;)
I’m sure everyone here has played, or heard of, whack-a-mole. In my opinion, this could be a great new arcade game!

In this game, players will be put into their own areas, in front of them will be a ‘board’. When mobs jump up and out of the holes in the board, it is the players job to ‘Whack’ them with their arrows! You would be able to buy kits that give you special bows, or vanity items to change the appearance of your board. This game could also work with snow balls.

In this game, you will get points for hitting the mobs. Some mobs will pop up for a long amount of time (they will be worth less points), and some will only pop up very briefly (these will be worth more points). It will be the player with the highest amount of points that wins.
This game seems interesting and could definitely become a fun game. However, lots of mobs would be needed to spawn. How many players would there be? Will there be teams? In general, though, I do like the idea and hope the staff listen to this.

Wow! This looks like a great game and would definitely not mind seeing in the Arcade minigames section! :)
I remember as a child watching the legendary TV show “Total Wipeout”. In this show, players would attempt to cross a map with many hazards in the fastest possible time. This game mode has been recreated on many Garrys Mod servers, but not very much on Minecraft.

This would be a solo game where everyone would be released at the top of the hill. Some of the obstacles could include: Flowing water, 1 block wide bridges with speed, vine climbing, sucker punch walls (with pistons randomly coming out) and slime block jumps. This game could also have lots of difficult parkour and elytra jumps.

The top timed players of each round would progress to harder stages until there is only one winner.
So like parkour with fun courses? Great idea! This definitely would bring a whole other sense to Arcade. Cubecraft does not really have any parkour games right now and this could be a replacement for parkour minigame.
Tron (arcade)

In this game, players would be given around speed 10. They would be set to run along a bendy track where unit collision is enabled. They would be able to gain power ups to try and slow down their enemies. Examples of power ups could be: Splash Slowness potions, Splash Poison potions, Blindness, Jump boost etc. There could also be some negative power ups such as lightning, slowness or severely decreased FOV.
Another fun game, and would not mind to see added!

Vicky Pollard

Jun 2, 2017
Ye but No But Ye, There are all great suggestions, I like them all, Great +++++1, nononnono but yes

bye, idk why i take so long to say goodbye, bye, idk bye yes but no, I am random, Dont react to me, k bai

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Awesome thread Grim, In my opinion they're all decent, But my favorite is FFA Line dash.
This would make Line Dash more challenging, especially with the new potions.
I like the "Dropper" game too, So i'd like this to be added, Since it's so exciting
These suggestions are great! Keep it up :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Livvv's profile.
The first sentence said "sometimes life does't give you what you want" the second one is incomplete so far only saying "not because you don't" I'm excited to see what the last sentence says!
SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Verbramdt wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for the follow, and happy birthday! :D
BurgerCat13 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happpy birthdayyy birb
Top Bottom