Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, before starting I would like to say that with this post, I want CubeCraft team to make sure that all these problems are solved before announcing future updates and before sending false messages in the Discord Changelog channel.
All these issues that I am going to explain are not recent, they have been going on for a long time, some for almost 1 year and make the gaming experience really bad and annoying.
This post is not exactly a Bug report or something like that since I will provide suggestions and possible solutions and measures to take and some of the issues are not bugs at all, it's more like a Feedback one.

Seasonal Maps Challenges

challenges.png

The Seasonal Maps Challenges have been completely bugged for a long time (Summer/Halloween event 2021). In all the updates so far (Summer, Halloween, Winter, Lunar News year and Easter) this bug has been present, when many months ago they said they were going to fix it in the future and have come to announce that it was fixed when it never has.
In all these Seasonal updates, many maps do not appear in the Seasonal challenges (Explorer and Winner), another issue related to this is that many times you play/win on the map and it does not count as if you had played or won. Another bug is that in the NPC or by the gamemode tracker it tells you that a Seasonal map is not available, but then you enter from the Challenges and if it is available but it does not allow people to enter, so it never fills up or when you enter a seasonal map from challenges, or it automatically changes the Region without sense, even being the first person entering the map. A completely disaster.

Maps menu

In the past, when you entered the map selector menu, it was constantly updating and telling you the number of players there were and the available maps there were, it was very good.
For many months, this is no longer the case, when you enter the map selector menu it is completely bugged and laggy. It doesn't update, you literally have to go out of the menu and go in constantly to see if there are maps available or not, or if there are players inside or not.
The menu is completely broken, everything freezes and when you click on a map there is a tremendous lag as soon as the message appears in the chat that the map is not available, it's very annoying and it is really one of the things that it takes away from me the desire to play EggWars (or any other gamemode)

Seasonal Maps Availability

The availability of the maps has been broken for a very long time, I would say since the Winter event of 2020.
Previously, the Seasonal maps were practically always available, people were happy and the Seasonal events everyone could enjoy playing in the wonderful new maps they brought.
The problem started when in 2020, with the Feast map (Team Lucky Islands). This map was extremely used for farming, people made parties of 6 players to farm abysmal amounts of wins and really in the lobbies the server collapsed, Team Lucky Islands was completely broken and full of win farmers since this map was always available. People used to spam in the lobby to enter the map since they had a rule that the party that entered first had to stay and the other did /leave.
Now, this was insane and I understand at that point stopped Feast map from being available as often.
The real problem was when not only did this map stop appearing so frequently, from that moment absolutely all the Seasonal maps began to be broken, they are never available and it is practically impossible to do the Seasonal Challenges (in this case the Spring ones).

In this new Spring update the maps appear very rarely, it is almost impossible to enter and see all the new maps, something really annoying.
In the past, these maps appeared much more frequently but they stopped doing so since they said that the other maps did not open and people without rank only played seasonal maps.
This is something that I doubt a lot, when the seasonal maps were almost always available, the other maps were also open and playable, it is not entirely true that only the Seasonal maps were available, I think it was much better than now, now literally the Seasonal maps are not even available.

spring.png

This is a screenshot of a message from today's Discord Changelog channel.
According to them they have doubled the frequency in which the maps of Spring (Java/Bedrock) are opened.
After playing for a while this morning, I have come to the conclusion that this is completely false, everything is still exactly the same as yesterday, the maps hardly ever appear, which means that it is still not solved.

All these bugs that I have shown you, are in absolutely ALL the Seasonal updates, and even having reported all this a long time ago, there is still no solution.
After so much time with these problems, please I ask that if possible, in this Spring Seasonal update, all this that I have mentioned is solved, it really does not seem extremely difficult to solve and I think it is something urgent and very important.
You have done a wonderful job with the new maps and lobby, but you are really screwing it up as no matter how good the maps are, if they are not playable, it's the same as if you have not done anything.

Please make sure all this is fixed before announcing new Updates, or posting messages in the Discord Changelog.

Thanks for reading, you could react to this thread with 'Agree' or 'Like' although an Agree reaction would help this thread to be Forwarded. I'm trying to get a response from CubeCraft to all this and look for solutions to all these problems.

Have a nice day! (:

Last edited:

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
If I may add to the Seasonal Maps Availability: the map Turkey from Tower Defence (available every Christmas) has been completely unavailable in the first few days of the Seasonal Event for two years in a row. It wouldn't surprise me if this happened again next year.

I only really experienced the Maps Menu troubles as maps were not prioritised but did have the most players queued. Other weird stuff that felt familiar to what you describe above have happened too.

If the other issues are indeed apparent, I think it's good to fix those. We'll see however, if Team CubeCraft finds this important enough to fix soon or that it simply gets buried by other, more profitable projects. You got an :agree:Agree from me!

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
While I do agree that bugs don't get the attention they deserve and that this all needs to be solved I would like to add that I don''t think it's a bad thing to push out new updates as well. Bugs are, to some extent, inevitable parts of creating a game, and seeing as updates are very important too it's only a good thing to work on both at the same time!

And about the Changelog messages, updates take time to roll out throughout all lobbies, given the long time in between the message being sent and you playing the games this probably isn't the case in this particular instance, but I felt it was worth pointing it out anyway!

Besides these minor nitpicks I think you've made a great post, with great points, and I couldn't agree more!

Reactions: Amazinq

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
While I do agree that bugs don't get the attention they deserve and that this all needs to be solved I would like to add that I don''t think it's a bad thing to push out new updates as well. Bugs are, to some extent, inevitable parts of creating a game, and seeing as updates are very important too it's only a good thing to work on both at the same time!

And about the Changelog messages, updates take time to roll out throughout all lobbies, given the long time in between the message being sent and you playing the games this probably isn't the case in this particular instance, but I felt it was worth pointing it out anyway!

Besides these minor nitpicks I think you've made a great post, with great points, and I couldn't agree more!

Hey, these seasonal updates are incredible and there are really well worked, what I dislike are these bugs that I've pointed out, since they have been present for many seasonal updates and months ago without being solved.

I consider that there are really important and urgent bugs to solve since unfortunately these types of bugs spoil part of the work they do in the updates.
During these last days, I have seen many people asking on Discord staff-help channel about issues in the Spring maps, I think there are very annoying bugs since really affect many people, it's a very worrying situation.

• Agree
Reactions: 99th_DutchVoid

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Hiya xAmazinq,

Majority of the factors you've listed are bugs and we can understand the concern in regards to bugs and updates. In future, we'd appreciate if you can make a bug report for the corresponding network, so the issues can be noted and fixed a lot quicker.

We do apologise if bugs occur, but it isn't ever the motive with updates and sadly they do occur with time and new features. With Summer around a corner, it'll be a massive help that these bugs are reported sooner than later, so a fix can be pushed.

Moreover, I am going to lock this thread, since this is not necessarily a suggestion.

Reactions: Amazinq
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Top Bottom