Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with the stricter enforcement of this rule?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
Hi!

My suggestion is that the Shaders rule for map submission screenshots should be strictly enforced.

Reasoning:

So recently I've been looking through some map submissions and I've noticed that some of them use screenshots with shaders as the main focus and include vanilla screenshots in spoilers.

This is clearly done with the aim of the shader screenshots being the main focus.
Why is this a bad thing?
1. There is a rule for map submissions stating that shaders should not be used for the screenshots.

2. Shaders can make any build look much better aesthetically. This is deceptive because most of the time, it's not what the map really looks like. Builds that are mediocre are seen as masterpieces when using shaders, while actually good builds can seem plain and boring in comparison. That is clearly unfair. Maps should be compared on equal terms.

Shaders can also sometimes hide imperfections in maps, which might be overlooked when a casual player votes for it.

If the rule is enforced, every map and map maker will have equal chances of being accepted.

Why shouldn't shaders be allowed for everyone to use though?

To put it simply, most players don't use shaders while playing. When you want to showcase your map for the players to choose whether they want it or not, you should do so using what they most likely use. Vanilla textures and no shaders. Because that's how the player will see the map in-game.

Notes:

I am aware that many submissions include the non-shader screenshots under the shader screenshots but this doesn't justify it. The first thing a player will see is the one with shaders. That's what he will decide on. Most players probably don't even look at the normal screenshots.

Also, this thread is not aimed at anyone in particular. I just feel like rules should be enforced when submitting a map. And as for the loophole of including both screenshots, my opinion is it should not be allowed, or at least the screenshot in the spoiler should be the one with the shaders, while the main focus is the normal screenshot.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom