Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add a way to request maps to appear

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 492126

Edit: Hi humans, I have updated the thread.

Waiting for a map to appear takes way too long. It would be fine if I had to wait 2-5 minutes to join my favorite map, but this is not the case: it usually takes more than 10 minutes, sometimes 30. While there are 2k players online. And I don't think this should be a thing.

My solution to fix this problem:
I suggest to add a map requesting system. This system works like this:
1. The player goes to the map selector, and selects the map he wants to join.
2. If there are no available servers for the map, the player will have to pay, say, 100 points to join a queue.
3. All maps that are in the queue will be next to have an available server.
4. Only one out of three available servers is a queued map.​

There are some limitations:
  • You need to have a rank to select a map.
  • You can select max. 3 maps a day.
  • You have to wait 10 minutes before joining the queue again.

"Why would you want to join a certain map?"
Because:
- I want to make a trap that only works there.
- I want to complete a challenge that can only be completed there ("reach level 30", for example, is much easier to complete on map Castle).
- I want to TNT jump.
- I'm in a 17-player party and can only join 24-player maps.
- Heck, I just like the map. Let me in

Thank you for reading

Last edited by a moderator:

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I agree, but maybe it is also a good idea if for example 5 people spend 100 points, that map gets available sooner than a map where only 1 person spend 100 points on. +1
100 points for just 1 game is really expensive imo. Imagine paying 100 points for a map and die instantly, that's a big money waste. Just lower the price to like 50 or something, even I agree that people are going to abuse this by activating to many maps. Beyond that +1

Oct 19, 2015
The Netherlands
nl.namemc.com
100 points for just 1 game is really expensive imo. Imagine paying 100 points for a map and die instantly, that's a big money waste. Just lower the price to like 50 or something, even I agree that people are going to abuse this by activating to many maps. Beyond that +1

It has to be expensive, because, what you said, there will be to many servers running and (maybe) will cause lag ;)

Reactions: Finixly
D

Deleted member 492126

there will be to many servers running
Not really because there's a max number of available servers at a time (this has always existed). When you request a map to appear it won't appear instantly. It will get added to the queue instead

Reactions: Finixly
D

Deleted member 492126

Removed

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I love the idea of a queue system, and it would actually make maps fill up a bit faster.

The way I see it is you click a map you are interrested in and it queues you up.
Meanwhile you can go lobby fishing or something.
When the map is active you get moved from the lobby directly to the game.
The server can keep track of people in queues per map and prioritise maps that have had queued players actively waiting for a certain amount of time.

D

Deleted member 492126

Also removed

D

Deleted member 492126

Hello, I have updated the thread. Pls read it and vote :D

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Not really because there's a max number of available servers at a time (this has always existed). When you request a map to appear it won't appear instantly. It will get added to the queue instead
I'm against this suggestion because of this.

If a dozen players have requested maps, then maybe a few specific maps aren't being requested and as a result, they won't appear for a long time because the servers would be hosting the requested maps, leaving less space for less popular maps

D

Deleted member 492126

I'm against this suggestion because of this.

If a dozen players have requested maps, then maybe a few specific maps aren't being requested and as a result, they won't appear for a long time because the servers would be hosting the requested maps, leaving less space for less popular maps
I don't know if I understood what you mean but:
4. Only one out of three available servers is a queued map.

Reactions: Kozi
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom