Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Who won?

• Total voters

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
I just fear the day when both languages are combined creating the dreadful "Welshlish". I will probably move to the moon if it comes to that.
*Wenglish

We already speak Wenglish when we can't be bothered to speak Welsh so chuck a couple of Welsh words into speaking English..

MorganPlayzMc

Forum Expert
Dec 28, 2013
England
One thing I don't understand is why it's a unicorn not an unicorn because an unicorn just sounds weird but u is a vowel so either my grammar skills or terrible and u isn't a vowel/is an exception to an before a vowel rule or it isn't a vowel and I'm mixing up my Welsh and English vowels..
A unit :P

rexnaxrex

Dec 26, 2013
Actually, It's the way of pronounciation, For example there's University, Unit, Unicorn, All vowels but are said to be 'A unicorn'
But, Umbrella for example, Starts with a vowel but is pronounced differently. So it is 'an Umbrella'. :)

ThatOnePeanutGuy

Apr 19, 2014
Planters Peanut Factory (Better than Wonka's)
Actually, It's the way of pronounciation, For example there's University, Unit, Unicorn, All vowels but are said to be 'A unicorn'
But, Umbrella for example, Starts with a vowel but is pronounced differently. So it is 'an Umbrella'. :)
I understand, but personally think it would be easier if there was only one word. Either "a" or "an". Not both. It seems that it is yet another seemingly pointless rule of grammar.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
No, an n is needed before a vowel because two vowels together sound wrong.

Think about it, which sounds better and is easier to say?

A appeal
An appeal

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom