Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
You've all heard of the hackers ruining assassinations, but the only big problem really are the bhoppers. It's not hard to handle other hackers, just run away. But It takes only one bhopper to end everyone's life.

Bhop is pretty obvious to the eye, so I thought it's also pretty easy to detect right ? This player makes all kind of impossible movements, and if you track the distance he ran in X seconds you can conclude that something fishy is going on right ? if the things I'm saying are true isn't it possible to detect and ban bhoppers faster ? I know nothing about anti-cheat programming so I could be totally wrong.
@CrazymanJR

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
You've all heard of the hackers ruining assassinations, but the only big problem really are the bhoppers. It's not hard to handle other hackers, just run away. But It takes only one bhopper to end everyone's life.

Bhop is pretty obvious to the eye, so I thought it's also pretty easy to detect right ? This player makes all kind of impossible movements, and if you track the distance he ran in X seconds you can conclude that something fishy is going on right ? if the things I'm saying are true isn't it possible to detect and ban bhoppers faster ? I know nothing about anti-cheat programming so I could be totally wrong.
@CrazymanJR
I've made a thread about this too. But the Anti-cheat is for all the games in whole CubeCraft. ;-;
Hackers with killaura, anti-kb etc. are not difficult to handle, b-hoppers are the biggest problem. I agree.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Do you think they are just intentionally making it take the amount of time it does?

I am pretty sure Sentinel s banning them as quickly as it can since it bans in both waves and sometimes otherwise

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
Do you think they are just intentionally making it take the amount of time it does?

I am pretty sure Sentinel s banning them as quickly as it can since it bans in both waves and sometimes otherwise
Ofcourse they don't. But there is always a way to make it ban them faster. I don't know why you are reacting on Threads of Assassination if you aren't a Assassination player. Sentinel takes hours sometimes to ban a B-hopper. He's right.

Reactions: xImCrimson

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Ofcourse they don't. But there is always a way to make it ban them faster. I don't know why you are reacting on Threads of Assassination if you aren't a Assassination player. Sentinel takes hours sometimes to ban a B-hopper. He's right.
okay 1
Assassination is an example of where b-hop is "the worst"

however it isn't like assassination is the only place on the server where you could a b-hopping player
also my entire point is that asking Crazy to make sentinel ban b-hopping players faster is like making a suggestion for an sg update and when sg is updated bragging about having your suggestion added

Crazy has been updating Sentinel a lot making it better and he will continue to do it
for now you have to wait as he isn't intentionally just extending Sentinel's flag time and ban time and could change it to speed it up by 100%

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com

@CrazymanJR

As this might be a great little bit to fix with sentinel, manual reporting and handling would probably take care of them faster.
Not going to lie, if there were more players who were willing to help, I'd think that the issue would most likely decrease but, I'm not suggesting that everyone basically "mini-mods". Might just be a good idea to have a recording studio like "Fraps" up and going before you start in case.

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
My main purpose was to raise attetion and I was honestly wondering why such an obvious hack to the eye can't be detected that fast, a flyhacker gets like instabanned by sentinel. I wanted to hear what Crazy had to say on the topic. My title was maybe not that fitting sorry about that.

As this might be a great little bit to fix with sentinel, manual reporting and handling would probably take care of them faster.
Not going to lie, if there were more players who were willing to help, I'd think that the issue would most likely decrease but, I'm not suggesting that everyone basically "mini-mods". Might just be a good idea to have a recording studio like "Fraps" up and going before you start in case.
That doesn't really help. Sentinel is pretty fast and bans them eventually, still faster than a report taking 3 days to get handeled. But bhoppers literally only need 30 mins to kill everyone. So a report should be instantly handled for it to make a change, these hackers got alts afterall.

Reactions: TyFoxy

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
The anti-cheat wont ban instantly because that gives the hackers an advantage, many hackers will have an infinite amount of account and if they get banned instantly on a server, they can very easily work out what they have done to cause the ban and code ways around it in their client and get past the anti-cheat very easily. This is why most servers use ban waves, banning every detected player in one go, say 1 or 2 times a day so cheaters have a much harder time working out what has caused the detection because they aren't getting the instant feedback and not having a way to work out exactly has triggered it. I believe this is why the sentinel ban messages have absolutely no information about the cause of the detection, to prevent the cheaters from finding out. It's like a cat and mouse game, the anti-cheat has to always be 1 step ahead of the hackers and slowing them down helps a lot with that.

It's better to have a hacker running around for half an hour than have players not being banned at all through them working out how to beat the anti-cheat and hacking on the server for much longer, the players using the clients wont have infinite accounts most of the time but the people coding the hacks will and they can figure it out.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I believe b-hop is actually the hardest cheat to detect. You have to take into account speed, lag, if they have taken damage, if they were falling, and probably more. It isn’t some simple formula, or else there would already be a better detection for it. Just take those times in skywars were you turn someone into a plane and send them flying across the map. With that much velocity, it would likely trigger the b-hop detection if it was just tracking speed over distance. I am sure crazy has been working on it though since we do see so many b-hoppers.

Reactions: TyFoxy and vinlir

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com
I believe b-hop is actually the hardest cheat to detect. You have to take into account speed, lag, if they have taken damage, if they were falling, and probably more. It isn’t some simple formula, or else there would already be a better detection for it. Just take those times in skywars were you turn someone into a plane and send them flying across the map. With that much velocity, it would likely trigger the b-hop detection if it was just tracking speed over distance. I am sure crazy has been working on it though since we do see so many b-hoppers.

My main purpose was to raise attetion and I was honestly wondering why such an obvious hack to the eye can't be detected that fast, a flyhacker gets like instabanned by sentinel. I wanted to hear what Crazy had to say on the topic. My title was maybe not that fitting sorry about that.

That doesn't really help. Sentinel is pretty fast and bans them eventually, still faster than a report taking 3 days to get handeled. But bhoppers literally only need 30 mins to kill everyone. So a report should be instantly handled for it to make a change, these hackers got alts afterall.

Yea, kinda going off of Brownster on this, the only reason why I suggest to have manual reports is because developing something that can detect a cheat such as bhopping is very difficult and can vary between clients.

But tis not a bad suggestion ;w;

xImCrimson

Jun 27, 2016
Tennessee, USA
I understand what your saying and i implement this into my gameplay, but it is very annoying to take the time to report them. My issues so far have been 1. OBS causes my monitor to stutter (for whatever reason) 2. The reporting process is quite long, which is understandable but still a little irritating 3. Players cant use labymod and record hackers. These are the main issues ive had with constantly reporting players.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
I understand what your saying and i implement this into my gameplay, but it is very annoying to take the time to report them. My issues so far have been 1. OBS causes my monitor to stutter (for whatever reason) 2. The reporting process is quite long, which is understandable but still a little irritating 3. Players cant use labymod and record hackers. These are the main issues ive had with constantly reporting players.

3.4 - No reviving inactive threads without reason. Does not apply to news posts, games, or introduction threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom