Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Yah or nah?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Title is as descriptive as I can get. Since it's optional, I suggest that it's enabled by default.
Also, in case the title wasn't very clear, this implies both an option to make your ranks appear and an option to be able to see ranks under player names in general. I personally don't want to be faced with a bunch of bright colours that are out of place.

The option would obviously be placed in your account preferences.

(ps rekt @Sophie )

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
upload_2018-3-1_19-7-36.png

I was so close too... :(

Very good suggestion though, well done! :) I would personally like to hide my rank.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Yes please I hate these rank tags.
The idea is nice but it looks absolutely awful.
You know what also looks awful?
WHAT! WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE EMOJIS!
:);):(:mad::confused1::cool::p:D:eek::cube_light::fantamug::oops::rolleyes:o_O

WHAT ARE THESE THINGS??
THESE NEW EMOJIS THEY ARE SO AWFUL OMG I THOUGHT THE OLD ONES WERE BAD BUT THIS IS HORRIBLE!

D

Deleted member 352903

The emerald rank tag looks like the 'implemented' tag. There should be the option to disable it.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Because I am making those for everything on this forum, I made a css thing that removes the background from rank badges and it actually looks better in my opinion.
To hide your own rank the simple solution is to buy an alt account and link that one :rolleyes:
Screenshot_2018-03-01_23-15-42.png

Edit:
Proposal, how about this design? Still colorful but not as much as the current one. Sadly I'm not sure how to make that in a userstyle because the :has() selector doesn't work yet. Generally, I don't think there should be an option to hide other players ranks, instead they should make it look better for everyone.
Screenshot_2018-03-01_23-37-31.png

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Cannot win... I like them! Why wouldn't you want to show off your rank?
cuz it's too bright and kind of ugly to me
On a more serious note: I feel that displaying ranks alone will make it so people are more willing to assume that what a rank would say is true, rather than someone without a rank. It's as if ranks automatically get better treatment, and there's absolutely nothing on the forums affected by you having a rank or not. This is why I'd rather keep my rank out of this, and a few others probably want the same. Just showing off that you have a rank serves no other purpose than just vanity, and I believe that players are going to quickly assume x and y just because we've got a rank.
My reason for this, is because you can already see that moderators often get plenty of attention for posting something despite someone else having said it first.
Again: This is purely based off of people assuming things just because we have a specific rank.

+ it's gotta be optional so that people can show it off if they'd like. I personally don't want to show my rank off as the first thing someone sees, nor do I want to see everybody else's rank.

Because I am making those for everything on this forum, I made a css thing that removes the background from rank badges and it actually looks better in my opinion.
To hide your own rank the simple solution is to buy an alt account and link that one :rolleyes:
View attachment 143067

Edit:
Proposal, how about this design? Still colorful but not as much as the current one. Sadly I'm not sure how to make that in a userstyle because the :has() selector doesn't work yet. Generally, I don't think there should be an option to hide other players ranks, instead they should make it look better for everyone.
View attachment 143069
That to me, is already infinitely more appealing due to it not being infinitely bright. But still, with what I said above, I rather keep my rank away from every post I make and I would rather not see other's ranks either.

Reactions: Facelurite

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Title is as descriptive as I can get. Since it's optional, I suggest that it's enabled by default.
Also, in case the title wasn't very clear, this implies both an option to make your ranks appear and an option to be able to see ranks under player names in general. I personally don't want to be faced with a bunch of bright colours that are out of place.

The option would obviously be placed in your account preferences.

(ps rekt @Sophie )
This would be nice if players would like to make their rank anonymous.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I don't understand why you wouldn't wanna show it. It's like other players can also see your ingame level, why should they make another option to disable it? If i'd be interested in what rank you have, I'll just go to the store and type your name. It's honestly not that important

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
ez
Edit: Somewhat relevant to this thread, I just linked my account and for some reason it didn't notice my ingame rank. Let's see if it stays like that.

Kqjwjevebeowjqhn was right :(

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom