Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• No it shouldn't

• Yes it should

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
First off, I know you may disagree with this thread already its been a topic before. The main feedback was too many players would get it and abuse it in some way, I want to put forward a different system to getting a nick

So far only staff and youtubers and some select people get the /nick command essentially its to stop targeting, but some players will get targeted anyway and just all out ruins the experience. That's why i say there should be a way to get /nick for players that don't have youtuber rank or aren't staff. I say there should be a way to get the rank though experience on the network (Levels) and/or VIP levels (Levels you get from buying exclusive cubecraft items on the server)

So the levels, i personally think it should range from level 90 to level 100 to get access to the /nick command since they single out the players that have played to most games. For the VIP experience, right now the level caps at 5 but you could make it higher (like idk 7-10) to get the /nick so if players want it this desperate they should do it that way.

Finally to clarify some things, I myself don't get targeted but certain players higher up the ranks do.
The command shouldn't allow you to nick as anything you want it should be a range of select names randomised.
I do not know if java has the VIP levels so if you don't just ignore the VIP levels part

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read, and if you want to comment on this thread with your own opinion be free too! :D

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I think it would be fair because like slinky gnu is not a YouTube rank and he might get targeted because he’s on lb and everyone knows who he is. Same for a lot of other high level leaderboard players so I think it’s fair

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Just to clarify this is bedrock edition wher there is not many level 97s and the ones that are a lot of people recognise

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Nick is currently only available for people with ''special''/non-purchasable ranks as they tend to get focussed more often. While normal, high-ranked players can get focussed as well, I'm sure that (in general) staff members/partners are focussed more, hence is why only staff/partners has the nick command as for now.

There are 2 pretty big problems with implementing this suggestion.
1) Reporting. Nicked accounts are non-existing accounts, and I'm fairly sure our reports site currently is not compatible with reporting nicked players. This would require quite some development I presume.
2) The /nick system is, well, pretty broken. Permissions don't really work like they should (As example, when dying with /nick in a game you can't fly through stuff/are not in gamemode spectator, but in creative instead (Even though you can't spawn in stuff)).

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to see someone else's level. So that argument doesn't make sense.
Yes your right but like leaderboard well known players happen to be high level a lot

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
example, when dying with /nick in a game you can't fly through stuff/are not in gamemode spectator, but in creative instead (Even though you can't spawn in stuff)).
Wait can you block arrows like you used to be able to do as spectator when your nicked?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
You are able to see someones level when they say something in chat. Hold your mice on the name and you can see their level. (Java).

I’m not sure about bedrock. :3
SENIORWIZARD was talking about Bedrock so that's what I commented on. I know it's possible on Java 😜

Reactions: wxzzrd

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to see someone else's level. So that argument doesn't make sense.
If ur lvl 97 on cubecraft bedrock ur known by the community as you’ll be seen with lb players or on lb. idk maybe u should learn about ur community better. Maybe that’ll help you get more players

Reactions: wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
If ur lvl 97 on cubecraft bedrock ur known by the community as you’ll be seen with lb players or on lb. idk maybe u should learn about ur community better. Maybe that’ll help you get more players
Yeah that’s true like if related noobs or slinky gnu joins eggwars lobby everyone’s like omg related

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
To be honest I think this should stay like it is being only available for players with non-purchased ranks. Pretty much for the reasons Keanu said.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom