Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
On reports.cubecraft.net, if you report someone for a username, you need evidence.

This one is a no brainer. Why in the world should a username report require photograph evidence? You litterally type their username on one of the lines.

So maybe we should seperate the username and skin reporting category, and make it so you dont need evidence to report a player username.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I thought it was because they need evidence of the player actually being on Cube. Otherwise you can just search inappropriate names on namemc and there you go, 100 reports for inappropriate names. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was the reason so I don't mind keeping it like this to be honest.

Reactions: Eli and Dudu
D

Deleted member 492126

I thought it was because they need evidence of the player actually being on Cube. Otherwise you can just search inappropriate names on namemc and there you go, 100 reports for inappropriate names. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was the reason so I don't mind keeping it like this to be honest.
You can't report players who have never joined CubeCraft
pineappleuser.png

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
You can't report players who have never joined CubeCraft
A user could have joined once with an acceptable name, then change to an inappropriate one but never log into cube with it. Since he joined once, he could be reported, even though he never used an inappropriate name inside cubecraft.
It's also not like a screenshot is hard to get ,just press F2, so it makes some sense to require evidence.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
A user could have joined once with an acceptable name, then change to an inappropriate one but never log into cube with it. Since he joined once, he could be reported, even though he never used an inappropriate name inside cubecraft.
It's also not like a screenshot is hard to get ,just press F2, so it makes some sense to require evidence.

How would we know if he changed his name but has not joined cubecraft?

And no one is going to leave cubecraft, switch to an inapropriate name, and then wait a month to change it back.

Shomita

Dec 29, 2016
Perú
I think the evidence is very fundamental to know if what you are trying to explain is true. I do not understand very well what the problem is, but everything has a reason and an explanation of why it is so today.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
How would we know if he changed his name but has not joined cubecraft?
It's a theoretical scenario, not a real one.
Also, the issue i was referring to was the ability to basically farm reports by searching names off of namemc, and dumping them on the reports website even if that person never broke a rule.

Reactions: Josher

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
It's a theoretical scenario, not a real one.
Also, the issue i was referring to was the ability to basically farm reports by searching names off of namemc, and dumping them on the reports website even if that person never broke a rule.

Again, you cannot report people if they have never joined cubecraft.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
I think the evidence is very fundamental to know if what you are trying to explain is true. I do not understand very well what the problem is, but everything has a reason and an explanation of why it is so today.

There are two kinds of Evidence, in this case:

Cubecraft Evidence, which is a screenshot or video of a rule being broken.
Actual Evidence, which proves a report is true, regardless of what form it is in.

I want to be able to use Actual Evidence to prove a report is valid.

While on the topic, lets be real, if this gets added, no one is going to search up illegal names on, say, NameMC, type them into the report field, and pray that they have joined Cubecraft.

Even if they do, the ratio (Innapropriate Usernames that have joined cubecraft : Innapropriate Usernames) is so low that they would probably never get even one report.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I thought it was because they need evidence of the player actually being on Cube.
We can see if they have been, that's not the case.

Personally I think that separating the two offences on the website is a really unnecessary change, especially when we do not currently have a website developer. I am pretty sure that it is extremely easy for absolutely everyone to just attach a screenshot of the player being on the server or simply use another random one just so the report can be submitted.

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
We can see if they have been, that's not the case.

Personally I think that separating the two offences on the website is a really unnecessary change, especially when we do not currently have a website developer. I am pretty sure that it is extremely easy for absolutely everyone to just attach a screenshot of the player being on the server or simply use another random one just so the report can be submitted.

So I am allowed to use a crap screenshot in place? Oke.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
When reporting somebody for having an inappropriate username, sure, why not?
There are methods to check if they've actually logged in recently...

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
A solution to this would be taking this into consideration when someone like this applied for helper :P

Reactions: Dudu and Ducky

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Again, you cannot report people if they have never joined cubecraft.
Yea but if they joined with an acceptable name then changed it to an inappropriate one, but did not join cube with that name, they didn't break any rules, and can still be reported.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
they didn't break any rules,
Being banned for having an inappropriate username or skin is not a punishment. You just lose the ability to join until you change it to a more appropriate one. That being said, I see no reason as to why we can't ban a username even if they haven't joined the server after changing the name. They will be unbanned automatically anyway after changing it to a more appropriate one. I don't see the issue here.
I mean, we don't need your screenshot when banning the username, so it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom