Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
The bug report forum was made private because of people commenting on bug reports. With the new website that would not be an issue.

When creating a bug report, it would be helpful to know wether that bug has already been reported or not. If it has, I can check if I can offer any additional information and maybe avoid spending time on the same report. Optionally you could also add a button to those reports to make a new related report for adding additional information.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bug-reports-known-bugs-list-or-making-them-public-again.194942/

If you are worried about people exploiting bugs they found on the report site, add an option for the reporter to mark the bug as critical which will make it private. If they refuse to use that option, they would probably tell other players about it anyway.

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
the reason they dont make it public is that there are people report the things everyone liked. like the chat filter. i would absolutly go insane to them.
and they would get very inpopulair. thats why its private.

it mayby could be possible to let the writer toggle between seeing it and not seeing

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
the reason they dont make it public is that there are people report the things everyone liked. like the chat filter. i would absolutly go insane to them.
and they would get very inpopulair. thats why its private.

it mayby could be possible to let the writer toggle between seeing it and not seeing
How do you know that's the reason?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Well, you pretty much listed the reason to why I think they're private now.
If you are worried about people exploiting bugs they found on the report site, add an option for the reporter to mark the bug as critical which will make it private. If they refuse to use that option, they would probably tell other players about it anyway.
I don't know how well a "critical" mark will work, considering a lot of players would probably just make every report they have "critical" to have it taken care of sooner than others. There's also the opposite scenario, where a game breaking bug is public even though it should've been "critical".
Not gonna lie, it'd be great to know if something had been reported before, but I still report it just in case. I might even have more/better evidence. That way, I can be certain that the bug has been reported.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Well, you pretty much listed the reason to why I think they're private now.

I don't know how well a "critical" mark will work, considering a lot of players would probably just make every report they have "critical" to have it taken care of sooner than others. There's also the opposite scenario, where a game breaking bug is public even though it should've been "critical".
Not gonna lie, it'd be great to know if something had been reported before, but I still report it just in case. I might even have more/better evidence. That way, I can be certain that the bug has been reported.
Maybe critical is the wrong word for it. It doesn't mean it's going to get handled quicker, only that it's not visible to others. Maybe call it private or exploitable instead.

Edit: You don't even have to give it a one word name. Just add a new question to the dialog asking "Can this bug be exploited to get an advantage?" and if they answer with yes make it private.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
The bug report forum was made private because of people commenting on bug reports. With the new website that would not be an issue.

When creating a bug report, it would be helpful to know wether that bug has already been reported or not. If it has, I can check if I can offer any additional information and maybe avoid spending time on the same report. Optionally you could also add a button to those reports to make a new related report for adding additional information.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bug-reports-known-bugs-list-or-making-them-public-again.194942/

I feel like it should stay as it is because if a bug is reported and it can give an advantage, players could see it and use it while it lasts to get an unfair advantage. Also I think that it is safe to just report it anyway as it could help staff to get more evidence on a bug.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I doubt many people woukd find it worth their time to scroll through the long list of bugs Cubecraft will have open. If it is a problem include the "exploitable" option and have the moderators try to confirm bugs and select which ones should be public or not. Uncomfirmed bugs shouldn't be displayed publicaly to begin with. I'm completely for all bugs being public. Even if publicaly displayed bugs are exploited they'll just be fixed sooner.

Mitzii

Jan 3, 2020

Recently in an Eggwars game, I was defending my bed (as you do) until someone invisible suddenly attacked me. There name was iEnvyDaniel_. I don't know whether or not they were aware that they were invisible. But I am really confused and I don't know how he killed me being invisible.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Old post
Recently in an Eggwars game, I was defending my bed (as you do) until someone invisible suddenly attacked me. There name was iEnvyDaniel_. I don't know whether or not they were aware that they were invisible. But I am really confused and I don't know how he killed me being invisible.
are you using 1.16 or 1.15 I consistently come across invisible players on this version

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Hi! Please avoid Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived.

- Locked 🔒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Top Bottom