Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
Adding a rank might be fun and rewarding, but I think it's too big of a reward. Maybe instead of adding a 'snitch' rank they can add per report 50-100xp. That motivates people that want to level up to report people and help the network. Sorry but I voted no.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
The forums community has always been mostly against this idea but I still do not understand why.

The people who believe reporting and getting people punished is a reward in itself have a noble heart and intentions, however not everyone works that way.

I do believe rewards could be set in place for reports however it'd need to be planned out very carefully, and perhaps the rank is a little too much, it sounds like a lot of effort for something that should obviously be hard to obtain. But in consequence, it wouldn't be possessed by many people.

The main concern I have with this is that people already create fake reports for the sake of getting other people in trouble, now imagine the amount of fake reports to get yourself some fancy in-game rewards, not ideal.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Tbh, I think I agree with this, just not a rank, I think that would be too much. Maybe a prefix, or 500 xp levels. I know the reporting site for over 8 months now, and only have 1 report. I see a ton of hackers everyday, but I have no motivation to report them. Why would I waste 10 minutes uploading a video to youtube, then logging onto the cubecraft site and report? I think a reward would motivate more people.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The forums community has always been mostly against this idea but I still do not understand why.

The people who believe reporting and getting people punished is a reward in itself have a noble heart and intentions, however not everyone works that way.

I do believe rewards could be set in place for reports however it'd need to be planned out very carefully, and perhaps the rank is a little too much, it sounds like a lot of effort for something that should obviously be hard to obtain. But in consequence, it wouldn't be possessed by many people.

The main concern I have with this is that people already create fake reports for the sake of getting other people in trouble, now imagine the amount of fake reports to get yourself some fancy in-game rewards, not ideal.

Reporting users to make the server a better place is good enough, most of the time, these users have good intentions and want to make the server a better place, by adding rewards to something that's a reward in it's self, you throw that out the window. People with bad intentions will flock to reporting, this could create false reports and other issues. Take Moderators for example, they do not get rewards for punishing rule breakers, so why should normal players? As you mention, I think the reason this hasn't been done is the amount of planning and time this would take to implement. I would rather see much needed updates/changes to various games and features first.

Adxm

Apr 7, 2021
Reporting users to make the server a better place is good enough, most of the time, these users have good intentions and want to make the server a better place, by adding rewards to something that's a reward in it's self, you throw that out the window. People with bad intentions will flock to reporting, this could create false reports and other issues. Take Moderators for example, they do not get rewards for punishing rule breakers, so why should normal players? As you mention, I think the reason this hasn't been done is the amount of planning and time this would take to implement. I would rather see much needed updates/changes to various games and features first.
Well, If so I think the best thing to fix first is definitely the breaking glitch. Every time I mine a block too fast or too slow it won’t break and it just comes back, this has been in the game for about a month now and I’m not the only one sick of it. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Awabbatt
Apr 27, 2021
my mind that is lost
Indeed, also if I'm not mistaken Mojang clearly has rules about those, I'm not sure. Also it will be prone to abuse, people must report because out of the goodness of their heart. If they are given incentives abuse is inevitable.

For example: In history, they wanted to lessen the rat population, so every rat that you killed, you can turn in their tail and you'll be paid a small sum of money. Everyone happy? Yes.

Until, people bred rats so they could turn in more tails and get more money. The problem wasn't fixed, and they brought a whole new problem to their doorstep.

Rough analogy, but you get it.

Lifqo

Feb 14, 2021
Thank you all for the responses. It just randomly popped in my head LOL, Anyway, for the 'fake reports' I am almost certain CubeCraft Mods arent stupid, they will almost certainly know the report is fake. If it is fake, then they should be barred from reporting. Now, in saying that, I have reported someone with connection issues. So it looks like they are hacking, here is the link to the video.

Now as you can see, they take no KB and 'fly' for some period. That shouldn't be a report that could get you barred from reporting, as on my screen, they look to be cheating.

I hope I swayed some of your votes...

Apr 27, 2021
my mind that is lost
Thank you all for the responses. It just randomly popped in my head LOL, Anyway, for the 'fake reports' I am almost certain CubeCraft Mods arent stupid, they will almost certainly know the report is fake. If it is fake, then they should be barred from reporting. Now, in saying that, I have reported someone with connection issues. So it looks like they are hacking, here is the link to the video.

Now as you can see, they take no KB and 'fly' for some period. That shouldn't be a report that could get you barred from reporting, as on my screen, they look to be cheating.

I hope I swayed some of your votes...
Obviously they will know it's fake, but it wastes their time, but of course they still check each ones, to ensure that they aren’t, hacking.

Making radical decisions aren’t solutions. Just because someone false reports doesn’t mean they should be banned from reporting.

An example being, when you’re new at the game and someone comboes you so good. You report him for being hacking because you never encountered a player that well before. Does that mean they remove you from being able to report? Do you think that's fair???

Punishments will / should only be given out, when a player spams a report, or reports the same person in a short amount of time repeatedly.

• Agree
Reactions: SIRAG V PRO

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Making radical decisions aren’t solutions. Just because someone false reports doesn’t mean they should be banned from reporting
There's a difference here, if someone reports a player and they were wrong about thinking the player breaking a rule, that's totally fine - I've done it plenty of times myself. We'd rather have that than have people scared to make a report. However, if a report is fake, as in the evidence is falsified to get a punishment on a player who does not deserve it, the reporter will be banned both from ingame and the reports website, as it's a serious issue.

I don't really think fake reports would be a big issue for this idea, because falsified ones are dealt with quickly, and submitting incorrect reports wouldn't do any good as they would be denied.

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
They do actually. It's like a Obsidian rank with PLUS. Also they got other perks. Lot of ex-staff members comment that.
They don't get obsidian plus for punishing rule breakers though, all staff members have it as a way of being recognized. If anything, it's a reward for what they've done before accomplishing a voluntary staff rank; translators have to translate and contribute immensely to the team, and helpers have to be exemplary community members to achieve it. And to add onto it, I'm pretty sure that the rank is not a motive, or at least not the only motive of most staff members.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
They don't get obsidian plus for punishing rule breakers though, all staff members have it as a way of being recognized. If anything, it's a reward for what they've done before accomplishing a voluntary staff rank; translators have to translate and contribute immensely to the team, and helpers have to be exemplary community members to achieve it. And to add onto it, I'm pretty sure that the rank is not a motive, or at least not the only motive of most staff members.

Stole the words out of my mouth! xD
Thanks for this response though! <3

Reactions: Ge1ster

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
Okay, hear me out, I know that CubeCraft is filled with hackers, cross teamers, autoclickers and overall jerks, I also know that only a small percentage of people report hackers when they see them. So... Why not reward people when the ban a certain amount of people. For example if they report 50 players then they get a snitch rank with a snitch bundle, which can include stuff related to justice or snitching, please consider.
I completely disagree, the sense of ranks is that you pay cubecraft and they give you something in return.

UncleSpect

Forum Expert
Oct 16, 2019
Turkey ❤️🤍
Okay, hear me out, I know that CubeCraft is filled with hackers, cross teamers, autoclickers and overall jerks, I also know that only a small percentage of people report hackers when they see them. So... Why not reward people when the ban a certain amount of people. For example if they report 50 players then they get a snitch rank with a snitch bundle, which can include stuff related to justice or snitching, please consider.
cubecraft can't do this bec there are too many players bc ranks very expensive :P

D

Deleted member 469419

Well, I don't know how it is now, but, If I'm not wrong, with the old system moderators that made reports, they got rewards (by a former staff member words). Why shouldnt normal players get them?

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
I mean honestly I wouldnt waste my time uploading a 3 minute video to youtube then opening the forums and report the hacker. I would just ignore the hacker that killed me and hop into a new game. Just like any other person does. Rewards might motivate more people to report.

• Love
Reactions: ATouchscreenPlayer

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
Well, I don't know how it is now, but, If I'm not wrong, with the old system moderators that made reports, they got rewards (by a former staff member words). Why shouldnt normal players get them?
I have no insight on the moderation rewards system, and even if there is one, moderators are trustable and wouldn't punish falsely for rewards. It is the main reason why player report reward system could go terrible: the risk of fake reports just for the sake of rewards

Reactions: ssunsett
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Nightmare wrote on linkxniko's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Top Bottom