I think instead of backpacks it should be called storage magic since the game uses mostly magic, but backpacks sound cool to :pHeya this is a thread of a few suggestions me and the community (people who i talked to on discord) have for the new mode Magic & Mayhem. Any staff reading this please atleast add the storage theres practically no room kekw ty. Anyway the thread.
More storage possibilities
With how the game works right now theres lots of items to collect and not enough room to store them. As a way around this ive thought of a couple ideas;
1) You can buy backpacks to store your items in (these could be shulker boxes that you place and it opens the gui or smth idk). Backpacks could be bought from an npc found in the labyrinth or at the bazaar/alunore. In my opinion they should be priced at 5mil spirits each but its up to you ig :)
2) (my personal favourite) Having a plot with a set house that you can upgrade the size of with shards. Maybe like 5 stages of the house costing a significant amount to upgrade but being worth it for the amount of storage potential.
3) A plot of your own to build your own house (least favourite imo but still putting it here). You could buy items and blocks from npcs or collect them yourself from around the map.
4) /pv or Personal Vault in the compass menu. Basically what it says, another space to store items.
Its a pain to have to find your way back to wherever you were in the labyrinth or how you were exploring islands but theres no warp nearby and you want to come back later, a way you could change this is by giving the player a personal warp (purchasable from an npc somewhere in one of the dimensions) the warp can be placed down and used to teleport back and forth between locations. There should be a limit of about 5 and purchased for 10m each costing twice as much as the last (obviously can be changed but my idea for slight balancing idk)
Easier inventory management with common items
As of right now the only way to get rid of items is painfully selling to the npc while avoiding selling some of the items you want to keep. Me and a few others thought of a few ways to combat this.
1) Item filters. Could be bought from an npc or just an item in the compass that you already have. Has the ability to filter out common armour drops or you can block out essences. This could also disable both of these drops.
2) Easier selling. The ability to lock items you dont want to sell into your inventory and also a sell all feature that sells all sellables or be able to sell all of one armour type.
3) Dropping items. Before you get the wrong idea with trading and that, make it so the dropped items are only visible to the player that dropped them (like how mobs loot is). This is a quick and easy way to sort inventory management and honestly would make life a lot easier.
Theres no way to get high level rare armour in the game right now so we thought of a way to have one. Using the forge in yhornheim you could combine two armour pieces of the same type and level to increase its level by one (this would give us something to do). This would be balanced with the grind since getting an armour piece to level 200 would take many hours of grinding and also lots of fun :)
more suggestions might be added idk but yea if you like this do the so staff can see and they might get added