Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this implemented? :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2020
Germany
Hey there, I found some time trying to build my own Lucky Islands map. With about 500 wins and mainly playing with leadboard players I tried to take all my experience and implement it in a good looking map :)

The map theme I tried to achieve was The Lost Atlantis. If you guys (girls) have any questions about this map feel free to ask :)

Edit: There are newer versions i created with your guys feedback! Feel free to scroll down to see the updates :)

Attachments

• 2020-11-23_19.14.21.png
    2020-11-23_19.14.21.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 2020-11-23_19.15.43.png
    2020-11-23_19.15.43.png
    547.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 2020-11-23_19.15.30.png
    2020-11-23_19.15.30.png
    447.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 2020-11-23_19.15.08.png
    2020-11-23_19.15.08.png
    508.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 2020-11-23_19.14.52.png
    2020-11-23_19.14.52.png
    737 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not a big fan of the palette you used:
- Sand
- Prismarine blocks
- Dirt
It doesn't fit too well together. It kind of looks like you chose random blocks and tried to build with those.
The islands look a bit too close to each other and I feel like I'd get rushed a lot if I'm just opening the lucky blocks.

The waterdrop you added in the middle does look interesting and I like that it's a really flat map, making quite a lot of room for pvp.

Nov 23, 2020
Germany
- Sand
- Prismarine blocks
- Dirt
It doesn't fit too well together. It kind of looks like you chose random blocks and tried to build with those.
The islands look a bit too close to each other and I feel like I'd get rushed a lot if I'm just opening the lucky blocks.

The waterdrop you added in the middle does look interesting and I like that it's a really flat map, making quite a lot of room for pvp.

The palette: Prismarine, Sand and Dirt (+Coarse Dirt) are Representing what imo shows the story behind the build and therefore make sense for me. The Prismarin is mainly the structure which the previous "Atlantis" was build off, Sand and Dirt are both commonly found blocks at the sea floor and also show that this is not the flawless but ruined "Atlantis" underwater..
Another reason for me to use dirt, was the availability to have the chance to get building blocks where ever you are on the map without the urge need of a tool, just dirt or just sand would have looked boring imo aswell (sand wouldnt work anyways since its a falling block)

What palette would you suggest?

The spacing between the island seemed fine aswell if you compare them to maps like: Pond or Bonsai who dont even have any spacing in between, this has equal amout of blocks between compared to Food or Village for example.

Last edited:

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Great built! It's size is small but perfect, also the terrain is nice and leaves a lot of room for PVP. The detail is great but the blocks do look a bit sporadic. Overall, I love the theming of this map and would hope to play this in the future!

Nov 23, 2020
Germany
Sine a few people didnt like the color palette i chose, I tried some more matching colors, using clay and wool in these 2 examples.
Out of these 2 clay looks better but is not practical since you cant mine them by hand to get blocks, and wool just looks really weird imo.
Feel free to give more feedback @SanCookie
If you are interested in the map and want to work with me a bit then feel free to add me on discord #Surprime3455 :)

Attachments

• 2020-11-23_20.20.00.png
    2020-11-23_20.20.00.png
    516.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 2020-11-23_20.18.33.png
    2020-11-23_20.18.33.png
    649.9 KB · Views: 66

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
- Sand
- Prismarine blocks
- Dirt

I see your point but I think it makes it look interesting, like an ancient ruin, from the point of a player not a designer

Reactions: _EliteRaspberry

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Sine a few people didnt like the color palette i chose, I tried some more matching colors, using clay and wool in these 2 examples.
Out of these 2 clay looks better but is not practical since you cant mine them by hand to get blocks, and wool just looks really weird imo.
If you are interested in the map and want to work with me a bit then feel free to add me on discord #Surprime3455 :)
Yes I like it but I really am a fan of the dirt, the wool and clay make it look too normal imo

Reactions: _EliteRaspberry

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
The palette: Prismarine, Sand and Dirt (+Coarse Dirt) are Representing what imo shows the story behind the build and therefore make sense for me. The Prismarin is mainly the structure which the previous "Atlantis" was build off, Sand and Dirt are both commonly found blocks at the sea floor and also show that this is not the flawless but ruined "Atlantis" underwater..
Another reason for me to use dirt, was the availability to have the chance to get building blocks where ever you are on the map without the urge need of a tool, just dirt or just sand would have looked boring imo aswell (sand wouldnt work anyways since its a falling block)

What palette would you suggest?

The spacing between the island seemed fine aswell if you compare them to maps like: Pond or Bonsai who dont even have any spacing in between, this has equal amout of blocks between compared to Food or Village for example.
About the spacing: you’re right but I just don’t like to be rushed, some maps have starter islands close to each other and on some maps it’s a bit further away
In the end it’s up to you!
I’m a big fan of the terracotta/clay one, to get more blocks on this map I’d add some chunks of wood

I see your point but I think it makes it look interesting, like an ancient ruin, from the point of a player not a designer
Yes I like it but I really am a fan of the dirt, the wool and clay make it look too normal imo
Well designers can also be players...
I just gave my opinion

Also can you for once not double post?

Nov 23, 2020
Germany
In the clay version, I added more logs (leading to a bit less pvp space), but its still pretty open.

I considered repositioning the islands. Tested moving the islands further out, if you wanna cross rush you need a minimum of 3 blocks. The normal rush option most people who quick rush use are diamond kit (still best kit in the game after the nerf lol) for which you need 2 logs to quickly rush, if you add this to crafting, bridging time and maybe add geting hay bales for food, then there is enough time in my opinion.

Attachments

• 2020-11-24_12.37.58.png
    2020-11-24_12.37.58.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 2020-11-24_12.37.45.png
    2020-11-24_12.37.45.png
    600.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: SanCookie
Nov 23, 2020
Germany
My opinion is similar to SanCookie's. The reason to vote with "no" is that the palette is a little unusual.

In the clay version, I added more logs (leading to a bit less pvp space), but its still pretty open.

I considered repositioning the islands. Tested moving the islands further out, if you wanna cross rush you need a minimum of 3 blocks. The normal rush option most people who quick rush use are diamond kit (still best kit in the game after the nerf lol) for which you need 2 logs to quickly rush, if you add this to crafting, bridging time and maybe add geting hay bales for food, then there is enough time in my opinion.

^^ I went over it again and came up with this color scheme.. If you like it more now you can still change ur vote :P

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
I like it although make sure to keep mid chests close together because it is always frustrating having to bridge to different luck blocks but over all i think it is a great map :)

Soulless_Unity

Admin Team
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
May 22, 2017
Hello, thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, collectively the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:
-Texturing of islands is too scattered/messy
-Starting island trees could be improved

Please do not be disheartened by the above comments, we hope you had fun while building!

• Sad
Reactions: Dreamer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom