Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Omg dont say anything false, where did I say I do not appreciate your suggestion, the thing which is annoying me is the fact you can’t accept critism. Next to that, yes I agree that some kits can be changed but you wont convince me to change my opinion by saying why not? Why not? Why not?

A suggestion is meant for debates, if you can give me ONE reason why suggestions are not debateable I’ll quit arguing with you.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
As soon as u get 500 points u get kit diamonds and its done.
My first bought kit was actually the two lucky blocks, and my brother bought wizard as his first one, so it can variate
1. Warrior kit: Stone sword , Sheild
Sounds good to me, but this sounds more like a paid kit, so I wouldn't add the shield to the free kit.
2. Builder kit: 32 stone, Yellow leather helmet
I would actually keep the leather chest plate, it gives more protection.
I also think that the amount of blocks in the original kit (20) is good enough, you'll get blocks from Lucky Blocks anyways.
3. Scout kit : 3x Spash potion of speed 2 , Red leather boots
The red leather boots sound like a fun little addition, but this isn't Skywars, Lucky Islands isn't all about fighting and chasing your opponent. The speed II used to be a thing in a drinkable potion, but they nerfed it and I think it's good as it is now.
4. Heavy kit: Chain helmet , Chain chestplate, Leather Pants, Leather boots.
Isn't that a little bit too much protection? If this person makes a wooden sword and fights someone else, it's quite a lot of armour, it already was, but this makes it even more.
5. Bomber kit: 10x TNT , Gold boots (Blast protection 4) , Trap lucky block 1x charged creeper egg
It looks like you want to use the boots to TnT jump, which I'm a fan of! But I don't think this kit was meant for that purpose, as there is no water bucket to save yourself. I do like the charged creeper egg!
6. Diamonds : Diamond block
Sounds good to me.
7. Egg farmer : 16x egg , Gold leggings (Protection 2)
Protection II might be a little bit OP, what about protection I?
8. Archer: Random Bow , 12x arrow
I quite like this idea! It looks like it's balanced, but not if you have an explosive bow, because these bows charge very quickly and usually come with 3-4 arrows. It's hard to protect yourself from an explosive bow because they destroy the blocks you place in front of you, unless it's obsidian. Maybe the bow should come with the same amount of arrows that are given to you when you would open the Lucky Block?
9. Lucky: 3x lucky block
Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe, in modes other than blessed, you should receive the luck effect for 0:30 seconds to increase your luck on the other lucky blocks.
10. Healer: 3x Splash potion of healing
Splash potions might actually be better with this kit because when you're drinking the potion, your opponent can freely attack you. Good one!
11. Enchanter: 32x Lapis lazuli, 32x Bottle o' Enchanting , 1 enchanting table , 5x bookshelf.
The bookshelves are too much. Lucky Islands is a game where an enchantment is kind of rare, so adding bookshelves to increase the enchantment might make it too OP.
12. Chef: 12x Apple , 3x Golden apple , 1x Wooden Axe
This would be way too good for rushing, a wooden axe does quite a lot of damage, and eating a golden apple gives you some extra hearts. I would keep this kit as it is.
13. Miner: Diamond pickaxe , 4x torch
Sounds lovely!
14. Barricade: 10x obsidian, Cage trap, Iron bars x16
Iron bars are very hard to place, or to bridge with, what would be the purpose of them? Boxing someone in with them is very hard. I would keep this kit as it was before.
15. Wizard: Random wand , Purple Leather Tunic
Sounds fine!
16. Tamer: 1x pet wolf ,1x pet cat, 1x pet snowman , 1x Lead
What would you use the lead for? It's fine for me, but it just looks a little bit strange.
17. Villager: 2x villager spawn egg, 32x emerald.
Yes! I still don't understand why there are only 16 emeralds in the kit. Most of the times, you don't even get the villagers you need so the emeralds are useless anyways.
1. Pyro: Chain Chestplate ( Fire protection 5) , Lava bucket (500 pts)
Lava is way too OP for Lucky Islands, I used to make a lava bucket on a Team Lucky Islands map every time because it's almost an instant kill. The only way to get a water bucket is to craft it, and to this day, I don't think I've seen anyone with one so far. Maybe a flint and steel with 10 durability would also be nice to still create the effect. Or what about a dragon breath wand?
2. Angel: Elytra (unbreaking 1) , White leather helmet. (700 pts)
The unbreaking I part is unnecessary because elytra's already last very long, I do like the fact that you could get an elytra to a game.
3. Dragon: Fire sword , Dragon head ( 700 pts)
I wouldn't want another "Sword kit" like warriors, because that's a huge advantage when you can rush other players without building.
4. Magician: 2x (Feeling lucky punk?) , Black leather hat , Stick (Knockback 1) ( 550 pts)
I would replace the knock back stick with the knock back sword, but I like the other items you suggested!
5. Lumberjack: Stone axe( Efficiency 1, Sharpness 1), 8x Oak Log (300 pts)
A stone axe can kill players without armor in two hits, which is way too OP, I wouldn't like the addition of this kit.
6. Horse Rider: 1x horse, 1x saddle (250 pts)
I would love to ride around on horses!
7. Smuggler: 1x care package (Price : 500 pts)
What would be in the care package? What would the care package be? A chest with stuff?

Reactions: MadBadJK

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
near the landmark near my house
Omg dont say anything false, where did I say I do not appreciate your suggestion, the thing which is annoying me is the fact you can’t accept critism. Next to that, yes I agree that some kits can be changed but you wont convince me to change my opinion by saying why not? Why not? Why not?

A suggestion is meant for debates, if you can give me ONE reason why suggestions are not debateable I’ll quit arguing with you.
u dont understand bro ik that suggestions are debatable but i dont wanna debate with you on that basis
i have no problems in accepting criticism, i only posted this thread to get some.

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
My first bought kit was actually the two lucky blocks, and my brother bought wizard as his first one, so it can variate

Sounds good to me, but this sounds more like a paid kit, so I wouldn't add the shield to the free kit.

I would actually keep the leather chest plate, it gives more protection.
I also think that the amount of blocks in the original kit (20) is good enough, you'll get blocks from Lucky Blocks anyways.

The red leather boots sound like a fun little addition, but this isn't Skywars, Lucky Islands isn't all about fighting and chasing your opponent. The speed II used to be a thing in a drinkable potion, but they nerfed it and I think it's good as it is now.

Isn't that a little bit too much protection? If this person makes a wooden sword and fights someone else, it's quite a lot of armour, it already was, but this makes it even more.

It looks like you want to use the boots to TnT jump, which I'm a fan of! But I don't think this kit was meant for that purpose, as there is no water bucket to save yourself. I do like the charged creeper egg!

Sounds good to me.

Protection II might be a little bit OP, what about protection I?

I quite like this idea! It looks like it's balanced, but not if you have an explosive bow, because these bows charge very quickly and usually come with 3-4 arrows. It's hard to protect yourself from an explosive bow because they destroy the blocks you place in front of you, unless it's obsidian. Maybe the bow should come with the same amount of arrows that are given to you when you would open the Lucky Block?

Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe, in modes other than blessed, you should receive the luck effect for 0:30 seconds to increase your luck on the other lucky blocks.

Splash potions might actually be better with this kit because when you're drinking the potion, your opponent can freely attack you. Good one!

The bookshelves are too much. Lucky Islands is a game where an enchantment is kind of rare, so adding bookshelves to increase the enchantment might make it too OP.

This would be way too good for rushing, a wooden axe does quite a lot of damage, and eating a golden apple gives you some extra hearts. I would keep this kit as it is.

Sounds lovely!

Iron bars are very hard to place, or to bridge with, what would be the purpose of them? Boxing someone in with them is very hard. I would keep this kit as it was before.

Sounds fine!

What would you use the lead for? It's fine for me, but it just looks a little bit strange.

Yes! I still don't understand why there are only 16 emeralds in the kit. Most of the times, you don't even get the villagers you need so the emeralds are useless anyways.

Lava is way too OP for Lucky Islands, I used to make a lava bucket on a Team Lucky Islands map every time because it's almost an instant kill. The only way to get a water bucket is to craft it, and to this day, I don't think I've seen anyone with one so far. Maybe a flint and steel with 10 durability would also be nice to still create the effect. Or what about a dragon breath wand?

The unbreaking I part is unnecessary because elytra's already last very long, I do like the fact that you could get an elytra to a game.

I wouldn't want another "Sword kit" like warriors, because that's a huge advantage when you can rush other players without building.

I would replace the knock back stick with the knock back sword, but I like the other items you suggested!

A stone axe can kill players without armor in two hits, which is way too OP, I wouldn't like the addition of this kit.

I would love to ride around on horses!

What would be in the care package? What would the care package be? A chest with stuff?
Sure, i like your opinion.
care package? you remember the chest you get out of some lucky blocks? with random stuff in it?
Knock back sword would not be that good, but could increase the durability to 5
yeah no problem with the elytra, i just wanted to get any enchantment so that it looks godly.( as if you were an angel)
Lava replaceed with flint and steel. agreed.
np keep the chef as it it, just remove the apples. they are useless.
yeah i did not think over the lumberjack kit over twice my bad.
I added the bookshelfs cause the enchanter kit us totally useless if you do not get any stuff.
iron bars could be replaced with an anvil.
We could reduce the chances of getting an explosive bow, but still it will be fine if we get like 3-4 arrows. it would be a good competition for the diamonds kit.

and its not necessary that the first kit you buy may be diamonds, but the diamonds is the current unrivaled meta. There should be other reasonable kits to chose from, so i am suggesting buffs.
Builder kit could be good as it is, no probs, just increase the blocks.
stone sword, no problem.
A golden leggings with protection 2 is good enough, cause u only get 16 eggs to start with.

Reactions: SanCookie

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018

suggestions are debatable. okay. i lose. i now understand that some ppl really cant digest their favourite kit getting rivaled.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Yes, it's a fact that the kits are unbalanced and almost everyone always takes diamond kit (some exceptions, like rush maps).
The problem is, people need at least armor, a weapon, food and blocks to be able to do something. Without these, people would have very low chances of surviving against people who are luckier with the blocks and will enjoy the game a lot less. Food and blocks are already in the map, but people still need a weapon and armor.
That's why the diamond kit is so popular, it gives people the basic needs if the lucky blocks don't give them the basic stuff.

I have suggested kit reworks a lot of times but I don't think any change will happen soon. As long as people enjoy the game with the diamond kit only, I don't think there's much reason to nerf it. Small buffs for other kits would be nice.
It's still a fun challenge to play games with different kits, you really have to start getting creative and smart to still win then :D

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
I actually agree with this, LI need to rebalance it kits
Diamond is like the only kit rn

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I've really enjoyed this video, take a look, it is really interesting :D
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
The Lord 🤍
Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
Top Bottom