Not open for further replies.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Either way they would have a kit disadvantage Since they have no kit
Also because of the lucky block aspect it about evens out
No just no. First of all i think you don't get me. (Sorry if I'm a bit rude, you're a nice guy, but this time i don't understand you...) This has nothing to do about luck in Lucky islands. It's about the fact that the kits are unbalanced. For example the diamond block kit (maybe there're better kits, but that's not why i posted this suggestion)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Sorry if I'm a bit rude, you're a nice guy, but this time i don't understand you...)
I knew I should have left my signature at "Understand, Me"
Probability
There are? Okay yeah

About what you said what I mean is that the lucky blocks could give you better things than that and just like in any game you need to practice and learn your kit to be certain about it and keep it as your best kit
You need to be good but yes things like lucky are worse than diamond but hey you could be a pro using 1
I like wizard though others may be stronger
All games with kits have this sort of thing philosophy (other than duel and FFA kits because you no matter what have the same kit or set of kits base as the other player(s) )

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I dont quite understand why people think the diamond kit is the most overpowered. I still think golden apples kit is by far the most useful kit available.
Diamond kit is very versatile. It guarantees you a sword, pickaxe, and/or some armor. (One of the toughest parts of skywars-based games is that loot is randomly generated and you are not guaranteed any vital gear at the start.) You can make anything useful from it, including but not limited to: sword + pickaxe + boots, sword + leggings, or chestplate only.

Gapples kit is good too but you're not guaranteed to get a bit of armor and a weapon from the lucky blocks. Assuming you're able to get both, gapples will do much better.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Actually it could guarantee a sword, a pick axe, and armour (just boots) also it doesn't necessarily guarantee that since you need sticks for those it only guarantees armour
But every lucky blocks starting map always has some wood. If you're fast enough and assuming you aren't rushed, you can make the weapon.

There's more cons to the diamond kit:
-You have to craft the items yourself unlike the sword, pickaxe, and armor kits where they're made for you.
-You're open to rushes.
-Making the items before opening lucky blocks might give you excess items from the blocks.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
But every lucky blocks starting map always has some wood.
Doesn't mean you know where it is or that there is any left because if you are on a team map someone else could have gotten it all
f you're fast enough and assuming you aren't rushed, you can make the weapon.
Again need to be able
You have to craft the items yourself unlike the sword, pickaxe, and armor kits where they're made for you.
exactly that post was saying another con which was that
-Making the items before opening lucky blocks might give you excess items from the blocks.
well the only few kits I can think of that this wouldn't apply for is lucky and bomber
Another con for this kit is that you don't have enough for 2 pieces of armour other than helmet and boots which likely won't help protect oun if that is all you get

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Another con for this kit is that you don't have enough for 2 pieces of armour other than helmet and boots which likely won't help protect oun if that is all you get
Armor and boots give a total of 6 armor points for 9 diamonds while the leggings give you the same points for 7 diamonds. Unless you have the iron block at the start (nest map on solo lucky islands guarantees one), you won't have enough. You're right on that. You'd have to figure out the ideal setup with your kit.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Armor and boots give a total of 6 armor points for 9 diamonds while the leggings give you the same points for 7 diamonds. Unless you have the iron block at the start (nest map on solo lucky islands guarantees one), you won't have enough. You're right on that. You'd have to figure out the ideal setup with your kit.
Honestly pick, sword, and boots sounds good to me (if you can make the sword and the pick

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I do think the kits could be a little more balanced! Just think about it, someone who makes a diamond sword/leggings is always going go beat someone who has just picked the wand kit since in reality none of the wands will really kill anyone like a diamond sword will. Obviously it would be hard to balance them all out but I think some kits could be added to give 2x or 3x more what they already give to make it a little more fair.

RocketOG

Jun 7, 2017
To be honest lucky island without the kits would be nice and really make it more of a luck based mini-game which is what I think the gamemode should lean towards more.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This could have already been suggested (just lock it then)
Anyway, I think that the luckily islands kits are very unbalanced... The diamond kit is the most op kit, you can make a diamond sword and diamond leggings! While the most expensive (I think it's the 'wizard' kit, ill re-check it later) gives you only a random wand, which is most of the time very bad. Yes, i know it's about luck in this gamemode, but such a big dis- / advantage doesn't seem fair to me. Also the prices don't really make sense! The bomber kit is also very useless without redstone! Although I like the game very much - It's fun to combine pvp and luck - I do still think that the lucky islands kits need more balance!

Lucky Islands was dieing a bit with Minerware and Block Wars intill the Map Update...
But that's what got people noticeing that Lucky Island kits are really unbalanced...

Diamond Block is a bit much
Random Wand... :eek:
Bomber Kit=Useless

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Kits are unbalanced
Please do not comment on threads that have not been replied to for over 2 weeks or 14 days, as it is considered necroposting which is against the forum rules, as stated in rule 5.

5- No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 2 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived (does not include forum games or news threads).

You can read all of the rules here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/
Thank you, :)
-Locked.

Reactions: ToastO_O
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom