Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Thisistygo

Apr 9, 2020
While I was enchanting my sword with looting 4 I was wondering if that was the maximum level of looting that you can put on your sword. But when I was about to level it up to level 5 I saw I could get looting 5? Looting in this game mode gives you a 25% of getting doubled stuff. Does this mean that I get 125% to get an double item? That sounds completely useless to me... Or will this give me 100% to get doubled items and 25% to get tripled items? If this doesn't it will still be a cool feature.

Fyre

Sep 14, 2017
Im not saying it works this way, this is just another idea I had of how it *might work* based on math

it could also be a 25% increase on the base it has
like looting 1 would be 25% chance of extra
looting 2 would be 31.25%
looting 3 would be (abt) 39%
looting 4 would be (abt) 48.8%
looting 5 would be (abt) 61%

which would be drastically lower then other ways this could work. would love to know how looting and fortune stack on this gamemode

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Im not saying it works this way, this is just another idea I had of how it *might work* based on math

it could also be a 25% increase on the base it has
like looting 1 would be 25% chance of extra
looting 2 would be 31.25%
looting 3 would be (abt) 39%
looting 4 would be (abt) 48.8%
looting 5 would be (abt) 61%

which would be drastically lower then other ways this could work. would love to know how looting and fortune stack on this gamemode
It is +25% each time so looting 5 = +125%, so yes, it is a 25% chance of triple drops, with every other drop being double (to my understanding).

Fyre

Sep 14, 2017
my fortune 5 pickaxe does not give double drops. its closer to the 60% calculation

Im gonna run a lil experiment and see how drops w looting 5 compare to no looting

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
my fortune 5 pickaxe does not give double drops. its closer to the 60% calculation

Im gonna run a lil experiment and see how drops w looting 5 compare to no looting
Fortune on pickaxes add +10%, so you're right. Fortune 5 has a 50% chance of a double item, not 60%.
However, looting does +25%, so Looting V would be 25% for a triple drop.

I believe :shrug:.

Fyre

Sep 14, 2017
Ah, okay. My bad. I thought fortune had same % as looting. Imma still finish the test later. Kinda fell asleep during it earlier (well more like I finished one part and brain was like 'no. sleep. now.')

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom