Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which option do you like?

• Total voters

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Hello, I have decided to use my 365th post to make this thread, by posting this I will no longer be able to ever get the maximum number of trophy points due to the "Long Time No Speak" achievement. I feel like this is a really dumb achievement because it encourages people to be inactive. I would suggest that this achievement is either removed or replaced with an achievement that is the opposite. I am unsure of what the name would be but instead of post LESS than 365 messages, it should become post MORE than 365 messages. This change would encourage activity instead of discourage it. I feel like this is a change that the developers should look into when they push out the forum refresh. I am aware that this has been suggested many times before but I feel like this really needs to be changed and as the forums are changing, this seems like the best time for it to happen. Thanks for reading and make sure to vote on the poll.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, I have decided to use my 365th post to make this thread, by posting this I will no longer be able to ever get the maximum number of trophy points due to the "Long Time No Speak" achievement. I feel like this is a really dumb achievement because it encourages people to be inactive. I would suggest that this achievement is either removed or replaced with an achievement that is the opposite. I am unsure of what the name would be but instead of post LESS than 365 messages, it should become post MORE than 365 messages. This change would encourage activity instead of discourage it. I feel like this is a change that the developers should look into when they push out the forum refresh. I am aware that this has been suggested many times before but I feel like this really needs to be changed and as the forums are changing, this seems like the best time for it to happen. Thanks for reading and make sure to vote on the poll.

This is very over-exaggerated and overplayed, it's not forcing people to be inactive because who cares about some trophy points anyway? If you get it, you get it, if you don't, oh well. It's worthless internet points either way. -1

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I don’t think anyone will be inactive for 1 year for 10 trophy points. In 1 year you can get a lot of trophy points in a different way so I don’t see a reason why this has to be removed.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I don’t think anyone will be inactive for 1 year for 10 trophy points. In 1 year you can get a lot of trophy points in a different way so I don’t see a reason why this has to be removed.
true but if you are at 364 messages and you are like 10 days away from 1 year, would you go inactive for those 10 days to get trophy points? I might, and I know others would too

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
This is very over-exaggerated and overplayed, it's not forcing people to be inactive because who cares about some trophy points anyway? If you get it, you get it, if you don't, oh well. It's worthless internet points either way. -1
I don't think you quite understand, there is no forcing, but as I said above, if you were at 364 messages with 10 days until 1 year, what would you do?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think you quite understand, there is no forcing, but as I said above, if you were at 364 messages with 10 days until 1 year, what would you do?

I would not do it? I really don’t see why it’s even a big deal in both ways, it’s pointless to try and go for, but the concept is equally pointless right?

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
I agree with this totally. It basically encourages people to be inactive. Most people that have gotten it have posted one message, left, and then join back again three years later and all of a sudden received like 60 trophy points just for being inactive and being on the forums for a long time...

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I couldn't agree with this suggestion more. I think the basic idea of that achievement is so that when a player does become inactive, they think to themselves about the Long Time No Speak trophy, which might bring them back to the forums. I don't think it's purpose was to necessarily be "aimed" for, but competitive people would do a lot to get more points. In the forums update, I would also like to see some more peculiar trophies like "Have 10 people like your posts in 1 day" or "Reply to 5 threads in the Introductions forum," etc.
I hope this does get removed. +1 from me. :)

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I would suggest that this achievement is either removed or replaced with an achievement that is the opposite. I am unsure of what the name would be but instead of post LESS than 365 messages, it should become post MORE than 365 messages. This change would encourage activity instead of discourage it.
While I definitely agree to your point on removing an achievement that encourages members to be inactive, I do not think replacing it by one that requires people to post at least one message a day is a good solution. Since I especially don’t want people farm messages or spam the forums with useless crap in order to obtain just this one forum trophy...
I’d rather see the current forum trophy getting replaced by one that requires users to log in 365 consecutive days (or if this seems to be too hard of a challenge, make it like 100 days or something).
This way we encourage members to log in frequently, which will automatically result in people actually posting messages more often. And we won’t see as much useless posts as if they were to implement the “more than 356 messages” idea.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Robbedz's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Bedankt voor alles cookie, ik wens je veel succes in de toekomst :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything Egg, wish you good luck :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
This all so unexpected, thanks for everything, wish you good luck in the future Soul
Top Bottom