Not open for further replies.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I request of a lock if something is exploding such as political battle threads
A question was answered
Someone posted in the wrong spot or has insufficient material

I will say no to this idea as that means that staff will have to keep up with every thrrad possible theres actually a post that was necroposted like a few weeks ago and its still not locked, staff cant moniter everything thats what were for

Reactions: TheVenom27

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
theres actually a post that was necroposted like a few weeks ago and its still not locked, staff cant moniter everything thats what were for

So would you agree or disagree with a system that automatically locks threads that has not received new content for 2 weeks?

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I request of a lock if something is exploding such as political battle threads
A question was answered
Someone posted in the wrong spot or has insufficient material

I will say no to this idea as that means that staff will have to kerp up with every thrrad possible theres actually a post that was necroposted like a few weeks ago and its still not locked, staff cant moniter everything thats what were for
Discussion Closes
Whether it be you just finishing helping someone by directing them or whatever, or if a question gets answered, then just let it go, and it will die. If a staff finds it's been answered, they can lock it without getting 500 notifications.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Idk how many threads ive tagged staff and to this day like months later they still arent locked "letting it go" in certain situations is a bad idea and wont change anything you cant and wont change my mind i was talking to a staff yesterday and she was praising my helpfulness

Reactions: TheVenom27

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Idk how many threads ive tagged staff and to this day like months later they still arent locked "letting it go" in certain situations is a bad idea and wont change anything you cant and wont change my mind i was talking to a staff yesterday and she was praising my helpfulness
Then it's Necroposting if they reply months later;
Necroposting
Obviously players outnumber the staff 10000000000 to 1 or something crazy. We'll notice if someone necroposts a thread way before they do. But guess what? Asking for a lock is necroposting too. Want to break the rules just to suck up and pretend to be superior? Go on right ahead. We lock necroposted threads to prevent obsolete threads from moving their way up to the top, some of which aren't even relevant anymore. So just ignore them and keep looking through the relevant ones, and soon enough the old ones will move their way back down the list. Posting on it asking for a lock does nothing but bump it back up to the top, so really you're only boosting it up further. Counterintuitive, right? And if you want to be irritating and PM a staff member to lock a necroposted thread, be their guest.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
So would you agree or disagree with a system that automatically locks threads that has not received new content for 2 weeks?
I think that's the best way to deal with necroposting. I don't see any downside since posting on older threads isn't allowed anyways. Moderators should be able to disabled the auto-lock for specific threads that may be relevant for a longer time.

Other than that, I personally don't think threads should be locked just because they're useless, to be honest most threads are and that's fine. If the thread or posts in it are against the rules there is the report function.

U

Unipotato

I really like this idea. I have seen so many good ideas and then someone just comes on asking for a lock and is is SO RUDE. I also really like the auto lock after 2 weeks, it would totally prevent necroposting.

abfc2000

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
Spain
Completely agreed, to be honest. I'm fed up of kids trying to lock everything (also, they get messages, which is considerated as message farming)
+1

Reactions: Buuuddy

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
The last time i requested a lock was.... well... 5 minutes ago lol.

But yeah, this is a good idea because the new people will read the rules and say "this is against the rules lock @staffmember" on a thread, and it annoys me, i only request locks when i need to. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom