• Good good

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Now this, this is gonna be a long one.
A long, long suggestion.

Cube has changed a lot lately. Not really positively.
And I think the main way to improve the quality of the network is.... improving the network. Simple. Fix the games.
But it's not as easy as it sounds. So I've made a final suggestion thread, hopefully fixing everything bad with the games right now that I can think of.
I might be getting completely back in game, not sure. I miss this a lot though. So here we go.

Skywars:
Loot tables.
Simply enough, the loot tables in Skywars are always the same. And kind of bad.
So I would suggest having a randomized algorythm for gear when spawned in chests!
All types of armor: leather, gold, chain, iron, diamond, all of them have a chance of generating, with
the higher tiers having less chance of appearing.
Enchantments, again, there's a 10% for an item to be enchanted, and the enchantment can be:
  • Protection (Global)
  • Efficiency
  • Silk Touch
  • Fortune
  • Unbreaking
Based on the type of the armor or tool, of course.
Again, higher tiers of enchantment have a lower chance of generating.
Possibly a slim chance for an item to generate with two enchantments.
In Basic, diamond armor can't generate, and chances of getting an enchantment are lower.
In OP mode, everything is basically multiplied.

Eggwars:
TNT should damage the attacker. In OP, you can just spam it around and generate a lot of both armor damage and HP damage, without getting blasted yourself. That is incredibly OP: blocking somebody inside a room with obsidian and spamming TNT means an almost certain victory, if prepared with enough explosives.

Spawn protection. Yeah we all know about this.... The team has basically lost, but they keep respawning and basically winning the game all the time. Not really fun.... Remove spawn protection. Or add a respawn timer.

Blockband:
Now this game. I used to hate it but now.... it has a lot more potential!
First off, it should be multiplayer cuz you know. Cubecraft is a multiplayer server!
Add a Versus mode: you get placed in a waiting lobby to search for a match, select the song, and then 50/50 chance of one of the songs playing, based on what the other opponent selected. Who gets the most notes right, wins.
I think 5 keys is way too many for anyone to play on with the normal keyboard setup, so maybe simply the songs to 4 rows, trust me, it's still uneasy.
Also, instead of having a laggy web-based app to play music, how about playing the music with noteblocks ingame for faster audio input to the player? :D

SG:
Now this game, oh I used to play this game all the time.
The loot table is amazing, the maps are amazing....
The rest.... slightly less.
You see, fire apsect swords. Those things are OP.
A fire aspect golden sword can easily beat a diamond sharpness 1 full chain guy. Just, please.
Then the enchanting. You get the lapis, but it's rare to find an enchanting table and anvils aren't there. So maybe we could have a small chance for chests to generate as enchanting tables! Or anvils! Maybe 1/5.
Other than that, one of the few still legitimate games. Not bad cube, +1.

UHC:
I was.... incredibly disappointed in this.
Simply put, the world gen is pretty lame. all the maps look like the same chunk repeated over rand over.
The whole game becomes about finding diamonds and iron.
What about the enchanting? What about the lapis? The redstone? You can't find that!
And the borders shrink really fast too!
So possibly, add more caves and hills (mountains pls) to the map generation. Make the borders close in slower and add lapis and redstone ore. Possibly add more lava lakes and water lakes, make them generate more often. And then this game might become UHC and not diamond-iron digging simulator. With horses.
Ah yeah, now that we're talking about it..... the kits are pretty OP indeed.... I don't see how the kits are balanced by your point of view.... you got a kit which instantly gives you armor, a kit which instantly gives you a HORSE WITH SADDLE!
KITS WITH TNT! NO HELL NO! okok I'll stop

So yeah, possibly nerf kits (maybe just make them give a piece of leather armor and a stone/wood weapon) but not this OP stuff. If somebody wants a horse in UHC, they fish for the saddle and they get sugar canes for the sugar. Bam.
Want TNT kill creepers and get sand. Bam. (sand is often rarer than creepers, hah!)

Lucky Islands:
Ok I love this gamemode since the update... I really don't see anything wrong with it x3

PvP:
Duels are alright, but FFA in general has some problems.
In normal FFA, buying extra gear is too expensive, and you die very easily in some (most) maps.
And buying arrows is a pain in the butt... Maybe it's because you're supposed to shoot them at the enemy....
Assassination:
This gamemode has SO MUCH potential. Like a lot of it.
It's full of hackers unfortunately but no big deal, we got really dedicated people taking care of that.
The gamemode itself is kind of meaningless though, to some less-involved players.
Earning money is difficult and so is getting it without being killed by full diamonds.
So the game becomes a "who gets to the emptiest lobby first to grind chests".
My solution? Well well well: make money more common in chests, and higher tier armor less expensive:
This way, starting players can easily "climb the ladder", and they get a chance against full diamond, without taking the satisfaction to kill everyone from them.
Possibly an enchanter shop? :3
You could enchant stuff with money or fix it.

Arcade:
Ok well this needs a lot of fixing.
Stuff have just been sitting there for soooo long.
The skeleton kit on SCB is OP because of the arrow spam ability.
Blaze kit blinds enemies. A lot. Too much to make it enjoyable.
The paintball minigame has got really old mechanics, like, around 2012 bukkit paintball mechanics.
So how about new weapons? There's the main, default weapon: the handgun. Normal, decent rate of fire. More effective on closer ranges, limited range.
Assault rifle: medium rate of fire, semi-decent damage.
SMG: Very high fire rate, rather low damage.
Sniper rifle: requires zoom-aim, has long recharge times, and is extremely deadly even in long ranges.
Rocket launcher: fires a slow straight-flying missle that explodes on contact with blocks or players: causes massive, short-ranged AOE damage.
Gold+ can vote wether to have infinite lives, 10 lives, or 5 lives. Infinite bullets, or limited.
Ammo can be found in crates through the game map. Is only usable on the specified weapon, of course.
Possibly an ingame shop for ammo too, where you can pay with "PaintPoints" gotten my making kills, and you could also buy flashbangs and grenades. Possibly new simple maps with a good balance between indoor, fast paced game and outdoors, battlefield-like fights?
The rest of the games are pretty fine.

Final suggestion:
Update to 1.11.2. You're missing on so much stuff right now. You've had 1.9 since March 2016....

I know I didn't cover everything here, I probably never will, but I just wanted to point out the little things that are making the games less enjoyable and more short-lived. I hope everybody can come up with better ideas than mine.
I know that possibly most of these suggestions won't be added, some of them are even old suggestions re-posted in an updated version-folder kind of thing.
Just, some times I'd like having some actual suggestions accepted rather than "coin exchanger" or "craftable god apple"
Hope you liked reading through all of this text, hehe!

Tags: @Tacosbefriends ok end of tags

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
But but... Its my job to make long suggestion threads that tl;dr's because they dont wanna read it...
ontopic:
I agree with what you are saying.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I actually like the loot tables on normal skywars. I only dislike the possibilily to make enchanted golden apples.

UHC wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I like the border, you can usually mine away faster than it moves. It would be helpful to have an indicator telling you where the border currently is so you don't get surprised by it. The ore generation is pretty broken at the moment, with huge areas of nothing but stone and then those crazy ore explosions with every imaginable ore on one place. They should definitely fix the ore distribution and I'd still like to have regular vanilla maps as an option. But on average I usually get a decent amount of lapis and redstone (which I immediately drop or burn with lava). I'd rather have no kits at all, but I don't think any kit would be really op if it wasn't for the 1.9 bug that causes invisible players on horses.

I agree with pretty much everything else though. Especially
Update to 1.11.2. You're missing on so much stuff right now. You've had 1.9 since March 2016....
Please. There is no need to allow people to connect with 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and soon 1.12. Just have people update their clients like every other game except minecraft does. In my opinion instead of writing hacks to translate between the protocols devs should work on making the current server version work properly. If not for the new content at least for the bugfixes.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I actually like the loot tables on normal skywars. I only dislike the possibilily to make enchanted golden apples.

UHC wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I like the border, you can usually mine away faster than it moves. It would be helpful to have an indicator telling you where the border currently is so you don't get surprised by it. The ore generation is pretty broken at the moment, with huge areas of nothing but stone and then those crazy ore explosions with every imaginable ore on one place. They should definitely fix the ore distribution and I'd still like to have regular vanilla maps as an option. But on average I usually get a decent amount of lapis and redstone (which I immediately drop or burn with lava). I'd rather have no kits at all, but I don't think any kit would be really op if it wasn't for the 1.9 bug that causes invisible players on horses.

I agree with pretty much everything else though. Especially

Please. There is no need to allow people to connect with 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and soon 1.12. Just have people update their clients like every other game except minecraft does. In my opinion instead of writing hacks to translate between the protocols devs should work on making the current server version work properly. If not for the new content at least for the bugfixes.
So lapis and redstone actually generate? Haha well, you learn something new everyday. Which actually makes sense considering I even found emeralds...

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
A long, long suggestion.

And I think the main way to improve the quality of the network is.... improving the network. Simple. Fix the games.
But it's not as easy as it sounds. So I've made a final suggestion thread, hopefully fixing everything bad with the games right now that I can think of.
I might be getting completely back in game, not sure. I miss this a lot though. So here we go.

Skywars:
Loot tables.
So I would suggest having a randomized algorythm for gear when spawned in chests!
All types of armor: leather, gold, chain, iron, diamond, all of them have a chance of generating, with
Enchantments, again, there's a 10% for an item to be enchanted, and the enchantment can be:
  • Protection (Global)
  • Efficiency
  • Silk Touch
  • Fortune
  • Unbreaking
In Basic, diamond armor can't generate, and chances of getting an enchantment are lower.

Eggwars:
TNT should damage the attacker. In OP, you can just spam it around and generate a lot of both armor damage and HP damage, without getting blasted yourself. That is incredibly OP: blocking somebody inside a room with obsidian and spamming TNT means an almost certain victory, if prepared with enough explosives.

Spawn protection. Yeah we all know about this.... The team has basically lost, but they keep respawning and basically winning the game all the time. Not really fun.... Remove spawn protection. Or add a respawn timer.

Blockband:
First off, it should be multiplayer cuz you know. Cubecraft is a multiplayer server!
Add a Versus mode: you get placed in a waiting lobby to search for a match, select the song, and then 50/50 chance of one of the songs playing, based on what the other opponent selected. Who gets the most notes right, wins.
I think 5 keys is way too many for anyone to play on with the normal keyboard setup, so maybe simply the songs to 4 rows, trust me, it's still uneasy.
Also, instead of having a laggy web-based app to play music, how about playing the music with noteblocks ingame for faster audio input to the player? :D

SG:
A fire aspect golden sword can easily beat a diamond sharpness 1 full chain guy. Just, please.
Then the enchanting. You get the lapis, but it's rare to find an enchanting table and anvils aren't there. So maybe we could have a small chance for chests to generate as enchanting tables! Or anvils! Maybe 1/5.

UHC:
Simply put, the world gen is pretty lame. all the maps look like the same chunk repeated over rand over.
What about the enchanting? What about the lapis? The redstone? You can't find that!
So possibly, add more caves and hills (mountains pls) to the map generation. Make the borders close in slower and add lapis and redstone ore. Possibly add more lava lakes and water lakes, make them generate more often. And then this game might become UHC and not diamond-iron digging simulator. With horses.
Ah yeah, now that we're talking about it..... the kits are pretty OP indeed.... I don't see how the kits are balanced by your point of view.... you got a kit which instantly gives you armor, a kit which instantly gives you a HORSE WITH SADDLE!

So yeah, possibly nerf kits (maybe just make them give a piece of leather armor and a stone/wood weapon) but not this OP stuff. If somebody wants a horse in UHC, they fish for the saddle and they get sugar canes for the sugar. Bam.
Want TNT kill creepers and get sand. Bam. (sand is often rarer than creepers, hah!)

Lucky Islands:
Ok I love this gamemode since the update... I really don't see anything wrong with it x3

PvP:
In normal FFA, buying extra gear is too expensive, and you die very easily in some (most) maps.
And buying arrows is a pain in the butt... Maybe it's because you're supposed to shoot them at the enemy....
Assassination:
It's full of hackers unfortunately but no big deal, we got really dedicated people taking care of that.
The gamemode itself is kind of meaningless though, to some less-involved players.
Earning money is difficult and so is getting it without being killed by full diamonds.
My solution? Well well well: make money more common in chests, and higher tier armor less expensive:
This way, starting players can easily "climb the ladder", and they get a chance against full diamond, without taking the satisfaction to kill everyone from them.

Arcade:
The paintball minigame has got really old mechanics, like, around 2012 bukkit paintball mechanics.
So how about new weapons? There's the main, default weapon: the handgun. Normal, decent rate of fire. More effective on closer ranges, limited range.
Sniper rifle: requires zoom-aim, has long recharge times, and is extremely deadly even in long ranges.
Rocket launcher: fires a slow straight-flying missle that explodes on contact with blocks or players: causes massive, short-ranged AOE damage.
Gold+ can vote wether to have infinite lives, 10 lives, or 5 lives. Infinite bullets, or limited.
Ammo can be found in crates through the game map. Is only usable on the specified weapon, of course.
Possibly an ingame shop for ammo too, where you can pay with "PaintPoints" gotten my making kills, and you could also buy flashbangs and grenades. Possibly new simple maps with a good balance between indoor, fast paced game and outdoors, battlefield-like fights?

Final suggestion:

I know I didn't cover everything here, I probably never will, but I just wanted to point out the little things that are making the games less enjoyable and more short-lived. I hope everybody can come up with better ideas than mine.
I know that possibly most of these suggestions won't be added, some of them are even old suggestions re-posted in an updated version-folder kind of thing.
Just, some times I'd like having some actual suggestions accepted rather than "coin exchanger" or "craftable god apple"

These are the sort of threads I enjoy seeing.
It's excellent and flawless and brings across valid criticism and suggestions.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
A long, long suggestion.

Skywars:
Loot tables.
  • Protection (Global)
  • Efficiency
  • Silk Touch
  • Fortune
  • Unbreaking

Eggwars:

Blockband:

SG:

UHC:

Lucky Islands:

PvP:
Assassination:

Arcade:

Final suggestion:

About assassination: they made full diamond expensive so not everyone would be walking around in diamond and about the enchanter I think it might be too OP or it should be really expensive.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
How did I not see this yesterday? Anyway let's get into this :P
Cubecraft should've added randomized loot tables to skywars a long time ago. I would prefer removal of diamond armor in normal and have everything based around iron armor with huge nerds to the extremely op kits like swordsman and iron golem.

I almost never encounter people using TNT even in op mode but I guess that should change :P The spawn protection needs some type of nerf.

Blockband
Versus would be very cool I especially would get back into play blockband everyday if my suggestion for multiplayer was added https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/blockband-multiplayer-gamemode.186692/ :P
Idk about having 4 notes though as the game would be incredibly easy for people who have experience with rythym games. Maybe have the 4 note version as the starter campaign and the 5 note version as the prestige campaign or something. I suggested a noteblocks version a while back but I think it would be a ton of work into something that doesn't really pay off that much. The website is pretty easy to get to and is pretty easy to find when you join :P The noteblocks would also make it harder with the lag as if you follow along with the website you can sometimes beat lag spikes without missing a note.

Fire aspect isn't a huge problem when I play O would just like to see it become rarer as too many people start with it. Enchanting could be a bigger part of the game though :P

I find sugar cane almost every game for enchanting and redstone and lapis is everywhere so I don't know why you haven't found it the only problem is everyone dies before I can get enchanted usually unless I'm going against good people who don't just rush. More hills and mountains would be nice to break up the terrain a bit but I think they were purposely kept out to give people good ground to fight on. People are already complaining a lot about pvp arenas not being completely flat... I find a lot of lava but more water is really needed.
I don't think the kits are too op as I can get most of the items from some within 5 minutes. Most of them become irrelevant after the first 10 minutes of the games. The only kit I have a problem with is the horse kit due to the bugs with it other than that most of the kits are fine and even the cheapest one is a great one to have. (My little brother and I have been destroying with him having that kit and me as another kit :P ) As for the border its only fast in speed UHC where its pretty irrelevant anyway. The only problem I have with be border is hat if goes to 1x1 at the end but this may be fixed by now.

I would personally like to see the shop completely removed from FFA and arrows/potions being restored on kill. It is really hard to get anywhere in assassins and I never play it because I don't like taking on full diamond people with a stone sword and chain chest plate. Reducing the cost might help a little but if assassins were to get the massive teams that op FFA has then it would be awful with clans of 20 diamond people running around killing everyone off since diamond armor would be easy for then to get.

Nothing much to say here I agree :P

Update to 1.11.2. You're missing on so much stuff right now. You've had 1.9 since March
As much as I would like to see the server update to full 1.11 I don't think it would be a good idea. No one uses 1.9 anymore but a lot of people use 1.10 for mods so updating fully would cause a lot of problems. Also skywars/eggwars would become very different with anti knockback shields and that may lose the appeal of it to many people. Also elytra bugs would make wings FFA incredibly annoying to play. 1.10 would be the best way to go IMO and then 1.12 when it comes out if it fixes elytra bugs. I believe 1.12 creative servers are going to dominate all others with the new features so if cubecraft doesn't update to 1.12 freebuild will probably flop again. 1.10 would be great to have though with developers possibly able to take advantage of structure blocks, builders having some new blocks to make maps, and especially the horse invisibility bug being fixed.

Reactions: Ping Ether
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Basketman wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom