• THIS IS THE WORST IDEA EVER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Ok this thread is about a small idea that i was thinking of. Its not overly important but i thought it was worth making a thread about. Basically, it is a way to link your forums account with your in game one. So you would do /link (or a different command) then your forums name. You would then have to type in your password to your forums account

My suggestion is for it to show you on the forums which of your in game friends are online. Its a lot more fun to play with friends and often i log on, see none of my friends are online and log off again. But that takes a lot of time. I would have to open minecraft, go to the server and do /f list, see my friends aren't online, and close minecraft again. That takes quite a long time (for me at least) So i thought if you could see on the forums which friends are online, it would save a lot of time. Also, there may be times where your friends are online yet you don't go on Minecraft and are on the forums instead. With this you could see that your friends are online and go onto CubeCraft to play with them. While this isn't an extremely important idea, it could save quite a lot of time.

Hope you like the ideas!

Last edited:

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Ok this thread is about a small idea that i was thinking of. Its not overly important but i thought it was worth making a thread about. Basically, it is a way to link your forums account with your in game one. So you would do /link (or a different command) then your forums name. You would then have to type in your password to your forums account. Im not sure about this idea, but maybe have some kind of [Forums] prefix if you have over a certain amount of likes on the forums. I don't know what colour this would be, but it would make it quite easy to see which other people are on the forums. So lets say an obsidian rank called test123 had enough likes on the forums. His message would go [Forums]:Obsidian:test123: <text> (assuming his name was green) Now I'm not quite sure , if this was added, what the colour would be without it being the same colour as other ranks, maybe have it in this pale reddish colour.
Sorry to say this, but that would make the chat messy. There are already people who are spamming with:
Come and watch the stream, it is Youtuber123!!! Make chance for a diamond rank!!! [This is with red colours, bold and underlined.]
So on that one it is a no.

My other suggestion was for it to show you on the forums which of your in game friends are online. Its a lot more fun to play with friends and often i log on, see none of my friends are online and log off again. But that takes a lot of time. I would have to open minecraft, go to the server and do /f list, see my friends aren't online, and close minecraft again. That takes quite a long time (for me at least) So i thought if you could see on the forums which friends are online, it would save a lot of time. Also, there may be times where your friends are online yet you don't go on Minecraft and are on the forums instead. With this you could see that your friends are online and go onto CubeCraft to play with them. While this isn't an extremely important idea, it could save quite a lot of time.(by the way, you do not need a certain amount of likes to be able to see which of your friends are online, just a forums account.)
I have a meme for this one. :)

discord-4kqkbo.jpg

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Sorry to say this, but that would make the chat messy. There are already people who are spamming with:
Come and watch the stream, it is Youtuber123!!! Make chance for a diamond rank!!! [This is with red colours, bold and underlined.]
So on that one it is a no.

I have a meme for this one. :)

discord-4kqkbo.jpg
ok, i get the discord one, but please explain how the forums prefix would make the chat messy. Do you mean it would make peoples names too long or something, because that was the main problem i had with this idea

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
ok, i get the discord one, but please explain how the forums prefix would make the chat messy. Do you mean it would make peoples names too long or something, because that was the main problem i had with this idea
Let's give an example:
2017-04-10_22.07.06.png

As you can see in chat, the For_The_World guy is using coloured chat. If there would be another prefix behind his name then it would be:
  1. A long chat for everyone.
  2. When people are promoting their stream several times like this guy, imagine how many colours the chat has. in my opinion it is already a mess with the coloured chat.
That's why I don't like your first suggestion.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Let's give an example:
View attachment 131940
As you can see in chat, the For_The_World guy is using coloured chat. If there would be another prefix behind his name then it would be:
  1. A long chat for everyone.
  2. When people are promoting their stream several times like this guy, imagine how many colours the chat has. in my opinion it is already a mess with the coloured chat.
That's why I don't like your first suggestion.
ah, ok. Thanks for explaining it!

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
Hello, I don't think it's necessary to add a forums prefix. I opt only for useful prefixes with essential information, and I think Cubecraft too, that's why the prefix of the premium rank was removed if you are Staff.
If the prefix forums is implemented, the chat would be very chaotic and some forum users will be spamming (more than now) messages only to earn the prefix in-game.

About the suggestion of show your online friends on the forums it's very useful. I also would implement information like if you are online on the server and which game are you playing at the moment.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
There have been a lot of threads about the /link part.

I think being able to see whether not ur freind is online here at the forums would be cool.

Reactions: DanDaDino

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I like the idea of linking your ingame account woth your forums page, there can be a lot of use for this.
As for the online friends you can just go to discord although some people don't have discord or haven't joined the server, and if they have its still not that easy to find them in the list of online players as its pretty long, so i would be ok with having the online friends ingame on the forums, but i will probably not use it much.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Eli
Behold my birthday meal

aa0fb30e-20ed-416e-b452-e4d70ce86ec2.jpeg
Thjis wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Top Bottom