Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ok, so after the subject of lagging, and whether or not lagging should be bannable, labymod is one of the most controversial topics on the fourms. Is it fair or unfair? Is it unfair enough to be banned? So this thread is discussing whether a reason y its fair/unfair is a good reason. This thread isnt discussing whether or not labymod should be banned, cuz we already have like 100 of those. Im just gonna show y some reasons that have been used r bad reasons, and/or have flawed logic.

Note: the biggest problem ppl have with labymod is the hp indicator. The information it gives us is extremely useful, and can help u outthink players who dont have an hp indicator. So yes, it is unfair and gives an advantage, the question is whether or not it should be banned. This mostly comes down to opinion. I wont be touching on this, because as i said, its opinion.

Ok, so in lots of hack clients, there r hp indicators. Some people say that is reason enough to call it hacking. Just because a mod/client is in a hack client doesnt mean its hacking. Pretty much every1 agrees that optifine isnt hacking, but optifine is in pretty much every hack client ever. Does being in hacked clients make optifine a hack? Of course not! Imo, the same thing goes for hp indicators, and thus to labymod. Other examples of this could be armorhuds or fullbright/gammabright

The second reason i have to poke holes in is that saying that because every1 can get labymod, it is fair. Well my friend, i can see y u would say this, but it has flawed logic in it. The thing is that lots of hack clients are free and puplicaly available. So, saying that because labymod is fair because any1 can download it, you would be saying that hack clients are fair, because any1 can download them as well.

So yeah, those are the reasons ive been seeing that have been bugging me. I thought id write this thread to discuss it and to take it off my mind. I hope you understand my point if view on the matter, and why i think those reasons arent good reasons to use in the debate over labymod.

Thanks for the read, and sorry for such long post xD

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
Well about the hp indicator I understand what u mean but I won’t give u advantage with speed or ka you can see someone’s hp but it won’t make u better so I think that’s the reason it’s leg al

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I believe the health indicator is an unfair advantage and minimap already is disallowed I believe labymod should be banned as it contains a disallowed mod (minimap)

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Well about the hp indicator I understand what u mean but I won’t give u advantage with speed or ka you can see someone’s hp but it won’t make u better so I think that’s the reason it’s leg al
I agree, but that wasnt the point of this thread. In this thread, i was just trying to show why some reasons people have been using to say labymod is fair/unfair are bad reasons. I wasnt trying to start another debate about whether its fair or not.

Reactions: Skqrrt

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
I agree, but that wasnt the point of this thread. In this thread, i was just trying to show why some reasons people have been using to say labymod is fair/unfair are bad reasons. I wasnt trying to start another debate about whether its fair or not.
I know I know but there always people who will disagree

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Minimap is allowed as long as u disable players.
You can just enable it on labymod, so labymod has a disallowed mod in it which anyone can use. I don't understand why having disallowed mods in client should not disallow the client. I believe they should ban the use of the client as they've also banned the use of the minimap mod with players.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
You can just enable it on labymod, so labymod has a disallowed mod in it which anyone can use. I don't understand why having disallowed mods in client should not disallow the client. I believe they should ban the use of the client as they've also banned the use of the minimap mod with players.
I get its confusing, so hear me out. Lots of players use use labymod, or similar mods/clients. If they ban them, they would risk alienating a large portion of the playerbase. However, the minimap in labymod IS allowed if you disable players. I think they are hoping that most of the more experienced players that use labymod will be mature and disable player locations, or just disable the minimap.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
i love labymod it is so useful for me because i can see other peoples hp. since i have a rusher playstyle i need to be able to see other peoples hp so i can kill them fast so i think labymod should be allowed for rushers and people who play the game in a more fun way

Reactions: 404Owl

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I get its confusing, so hear me out. Lots of players use use labymod, or similar mods/clients. If they ban them, they would risk alienating a large portion of the playerbase. However, the minimap in labymod IS allowed if you disable players. I think they are hoping that most of the more experienced players that use labymod will be mature and disable player locations, or just disable the minimap.
yes so they let people use disallowed mods so they dont leave

ObrigadoADeus

Novice Member
Jul 28, 2020
Spain
Ok, so after the subject of lagging, and whether or not lagging should be bannable, labymod is one of the most controversial topics on the fourms. Is it fair or unfair? Is it unfair enough to be banned? So this thread is discussing whether a reason y its fair/unfair is a good reason. This thread isnt discussing whether or not labymod should be banned, cuz we already have like 100 of those. Im just gonna show y some reasons that have been used r bad reasons, and/or have flawed logic.

Note: the biggest problem ppl have with labymod is the hp indicator. The information it gives us is extremely useful, and can help u outthink players who dont have an hp indicator. So yes, it is unfair and gives an advantage, the question is whether or not it should be banned. This mostly comes down to opinion. I wont be touching on this, because as i said, its opinion.

Ok, so in lots of hack clients, there r hp indicators. Some people say that is reason enough to call it hacking. Just because a mod/client is in a hack client doesnt mean its hacking. Pretty much every1 agrees that optifine isnt hacking, but optifine is in pretty much every hack client ever. Does being in hacked clients make optifine a hack? Of course not! Imo, the same thing goes for hp indicators, and thus to labymod. Other examples of this could be armorhuds or fullbright/gammabright

The second reason i have to poke holes in is that saying that because every1 can get labymod, it is fair. Well my friend, i can see y u would say this, but it has flawed logic in it. The thing is that lots of hack clients are free and puplicaly available. So, saying that because labymod is fair because any1 can download it, you would be saying that hack clients are fair, because any1 can download them as well.

So yeah, those are the reasons ive been seeing that have been bugging me. I thought id write this thread to discuss it and to take it off my mind. I hope you understand my point if view on the matter, and why i think those reasons arent good reasons to use in the debate over labymod.

I think that the mod of HP doesn’t give you any advantage against other players, that’s why I don’t think that LabyMod should be punishable.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
I think that the mod of HP doesn’t give you any advantage against other players, that’s why I don’t think that LabyMod should be punishable.
As it has been mentioned on the thread, it does give advantages, as you can outthink other players by looking at their health. This can end in users being killed by people that do have this mod as they can think faster what they should/shouldn't do when fighting against each other
But besides that, I don't think it shouldn't be illegal. It's up to opinion

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation

Attachments

• B0CC9B06-E4DD-4932-9317-C9C8E2187E74.jpeg
    B0CC9B06-E4DD-4932-9317-C9C8E2187E74.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 147

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Optifine is a cheat. Fast math gives you an advantage in some rotations and it also gives you an equal disadvantage in some rotations. With fast math, your reach is at most +- 0.000253 from vanilla, which gives you more than 3 blocks of reach, meaning an unfair advantage. All jokes aside if they banned Labymod half of Cubecraft would leave, including maybe some staff members, so in my opinion it’d be an awful choice.

SoundToTheThirdPower

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2019
Your imagination
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
As labymod is a modular client i would say only disallow specific modifications (like we do anyways) personally i use labymod on 1.12.2 duels. i have not seen a disadvantage.

Just because something is free does not make it fair or unfair. its how it was programmed and how it was meant to be used defines that. tbh the "because labymod is fair because any1 can download it... you would be saying that hack clients are fair" arguments are invalid because one is meant to ruin times or be used in singleplayer. and one is meant to enhance a legitimate pvp experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ tell me if im missing anything here (no i dont think damage indicators is a disadvantage either)

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
As labymod is a modular client i would say only disallow specific modifications (like we do anyways) personally i use labymod on 1.12.2 duels. i have not seen a disadvantage.

Just because something is free does not make it fair or unfair. its how it was programmed and how it was meant to be used defines that. tbh the "because labymod is fair because any1 can download it... you would be saying that hack clients are fair" arguments are invalid because one is meant to ruin times or be used in singleplayer. and one is meant to enhance a legitimate pvp experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ tell me if im missing anything here (no i dont think damage indicators is a disadvantage either)
Ok i see where your coming from with the second part and how saying its free isnt supporting havk clients. I would say that using that singular reason DOES support hacks, but if you show some more evidence, such as how you showed the differences between hack clients and labymod, then i would say it is a good reason. So i guess i dont agree with what you said, but i dont at all disagree either.

_anzs_

Aug 10, 2016
Your Dreams
instagram.com

i think depends on how you see it, it can be an advantage or also a disadvantage

Reactions: 404Owl

Criiss

Oct 23, 2015
The use of labymod should not be prohibited, if you complain so much about it and the people who use it, why don't you use it too? it is somewhat legal to use it and does not apply any advantage.

Because if we go into this topic, it could be said that the badlion client is not allowed because it gives better fluency to the players, which allows them to fight more agilely.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Well about the health indicator I understand what u mean. But even if you see life this does not give you an advantage (as you would still be playing as before). But I won’t give u advantage with speed or ka you can see someone’s hp but it won’t make u better so I think that’s the reason it’s very big.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom