Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 486292

I should not need to put much effort into nor explain what this suggestion pertains to. As many bedrock players may have noticed, a large number bugs were one-by-one starting to become patched on the network over the past month or so. While I am especially grateful for rubik's actions, and while I am also cognizant of the fact that he worked hard to fix these bugs, I can't help but think that the staff now believe the server is largely bug-free, or at the very least adequate enough to not require extra attention in this respect. THERE ARE STILL BUGS THAT NEED FIXING! Fixing one bug can sometimes inadvertently fix another. However, one positive change can simultaneously break another component of the game- and that is what has happened in some instances. I strongly believe that the cubecraft staff need to invest more focus into making the experience with the current games offered the best it can be. Undoubtedly, bug fixes and other stability issues should be a frontrunner *of that category*.

I am not going to go into detail as to what bugs and server-side issues exist on the server, as I have already authored an ongoing bug report elaborating on each and every bug that I have come across. Of course, I would graciously encourage staff to utilize that report along with, presumably, many more bug reports highlighting some of these problems we players face on the server.

Before anyone makes the intelligent decision to link me to the bug report page, such as @Sergiio12 has, let it be known that I have been doing so concurrently for several months now. My initial reason for creating this thread was due to the fact that the wave of bug fixes has seemed to stop, and thus I had and still have reason to believe that there will not be any bug fixes in the *near* future to the bedrock network.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

JvwerMcGames

Jan 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Hey!
I understand playing with bugs can be really frustrating. (while I didn't find any playing bedrock) But if you're reporting bugs with a good description/vid etc, that's all you can do. The cubecraft staff (developer team) is working really hard. CubeCraft is even recruiting! Bug fixing is not easy. It's good that you're making this thread to make more awareness, but I don't think this is really going to speed up anything :P. Thanks for reporting all the bugs, keep up the awesome work! ;).

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
the suggestion is for the staff to focus on bug fixing more, hence the title. thats it.
Not really something we can do anything about more than we’re already doing. Especially if you’re talking about staff in general. Developers can only fix bugs and they can’t choose what to do, management tells them what to do. Sometimes new games/codes are higher in demand than bug fixing, so they focus less on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 486292

Not really something we can do anything about more than we’re already doing. Especially if you’re talking about staff in general. Developers only due to bug fixing and they can’t chose what to do, management tells them what to do. Sometimes new games/codes are higher in demand than bug fixing, so they focus less on it.
That makes no sense. you said that its out of your (referring to "we" as you said) control, and you followed that up by saying other things are in higher demand. Unless you have no say in what management instructs you to do, then i'm saying shift the focus to bugs. If you do have a say, then that would imply to me that you do have some control over it. Apologies if I sound like a broken record, but i'm not understanding what point you are trying to convey to me, grammatical issues aside.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Unless you have no say in what management instructs you to do
As far as i’m aware developers have no say in it. If they’ll get assigned to a project they’ll stay on it until it is completed. So my point here is, nothing can done about it, unless management decides to focus more on bugs and less on making games/other stuff. Do know that management already has been focussing more on bugs (or at least, seems like it due to the change logs both on Java and Bedrock).

D

Deleted member 486292

As far as i’m aware developers have no say in it. If they’ll get assigned to a project they’ll stay on it until it is completed. So my point here is, nothing can done about it, unless management decides to focus more on bugs and less on making games/other stuff. Do know that management already has been focussing more on bugs (or at least, seems like it due to the change logs both on Java and Bedrock).
in that case, my target audience has only shifted to management. Nothing else would change as far as this suggestion goes.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I totally agree and definitely understand. Rubik seems to be the only developer that works on Bedrock (and almost one of the only staff members) and has been doing a great job. He had recently calmed down with bug fixes to implement mega skywars and after, leading to the major server lag issues. For the past two weeks he has been working to reduce the lag and has been pretty quiet but he will definitely get back to bug fixing once he’s done.

As I already mentioned he is one of the only developers that looks after Bedrock, they are trying to hire new developers for anti-cheat and Bedrock. He’s going solo on Bedrock for the moment being so he is working ridiculously hard.

TL;DR

Rubik has been fixing server lag after spending time implementing mega skywars, plus he’s pretty much solo working on Bedrock. He will get back to fixing bugs after server lag is dealt with though. :p

Reactions: Marieke2001

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I have a few bugs reported, some have been fixed however server stability has definitely been bad because of COVID and the increase in players, there are so many problems with bedrock

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom