Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

PyjamaBanana

Novice Member
Jan 17, 2017
I don't know whether or not it is good a good idea but what are comments for? (And likes ;))

In case you haven't already I am going to suggest seasonally leaderboards.

What are seasonal leaderboards?
Seasonal leaderboards would have the leaderboards done not by total score but score in a certain area of time (season).

Why are they good?
  • They introduce a new competitiveness to game modes which may not exist for newer players.
  • They give everyone, old and new, good and bad a more enjoyable experience on Cubecraft.
  • This also gives people who maybe have a lot of school work (like myself) a considerably better chance of being an almighty LEADERBOARD PLAYER during holiday seasons as I have a lot more time.
  • It also rewards players for being active and not simply having a lot of points from the past.

How would it benefit the server?

• Increases competitiveness leads in increase the time spent on the server and can help bring a lot of new players to the server.

Problems and concerns?
Why seasonal? - It can be any amount of time before a reset, probably aim to have resets just before holidays (Better for majority of players). There would be a countdown from a week (can be changed).
Will it remove all of your stats? - The answer is simply, no. We would want to keep evidence of all our hard work wouldn't we? But only (if you're on the leaderboard) your seasonal wins are displayed.

Post in comments and I'll add to my post with answers.

5 likes?;)

Last edited:

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I disagree , I's be Nice to give others Some changes to get on the leader board. But What happends with your current wins? Would they stay or removed. If They're gonna reset it would it be unfair and was the work for nothing. Sorry But i disagree :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Twania

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Why Seasonal?
Why?
If Anybody ever wants a timed leaderboard it is a month
so yes
Monthly leaderboards are too frequent, especially for some people who may be busy some months and miss out, many tournaments and e-sport qualifiers also use seasonal ladders as it gives everyone a fair shot due to its balanced time slot, not too short, not too long.

Reactions: PyjamaBanana

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Monthly leaderboards are too frequent, especially for some people who may be busy some months and miss out, many tournaments and e-sport qualifiers also use seasonal ladders as it gives everyone a fair shot due to its balanced time slot, not too short, not too long.
Did you read the end
I said
So Yes because I hate the Monthly Leaderboard

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I think there should be leaderboards other than the All Time leaderboards to give other players a chance to compete on leaderboards, especially if there are new players on the server! It's almost impossible for some players to catch up to some of the players on current leaderboards so I think this would make it more competitive if there was a monthly leaderboards!

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't think you even read your own post, to be honest.
You said "If Anybody ever wants a timed leaderboard it is a month"
I know what I said and I said that
Yes but read below that
i said yes
Why Seasonal?
Why?
If Anybody ever wants a timed leaderboard it is a month
so yes
Also I said that because before I asked why Since everyone always says monthly so why seasons
Exactly so get shutdowns

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania
I think it's a great idea. It gives all the hopeless try-harders a goal to aim for. The leaderboard should be placed somewhere that fits but does not interrupt the classic lobby design. Maybe the main lobby? Also general stats shouldn't be erased but add another statistic which says "Monthly Wins" or "Seasonal Wins" underneath the normal "Wins".

YaDasLenny

Dedicated Member
Jul 12, 2016
Belgium
I think this is a pretty good idea, but i don't really understand what you mean; will the leaderboards that are active right now be removed? If yes, i disagree with your suggestion because these players worked hard to get and stay on the leaderboard. If no, then i agree! I think the "Season Leaderboards" would need an appart place in your hotbar. ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday Henlo! 🎊
Thjis wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Bday!
Reesle wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Kloska wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Is that a bird? Is that an apron? No, it's a peanut and jelly sandwich that wants revenge!:D
Top Bottom