Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I don't know if it is like this in Java but on Bedrock Cubecraft if you type someones name or a bad word it shows up or deletes from your screen and isn't show to everyone

Why not give a warning message when the server detects a bad word and responds with a private message like "Warning: Please watch your language it can be seen as offensive are unacceptable to say those words"

Or a "Please be respectful to others"

Because I know a few words that just trigger the bot when just typing and I have no clue why? I don't see them as bad words but it can also help with reports for false words that were put into the game so if it gives a warning messages saying
"Please do not say "___" It can be offensive and rude" or "Please refrain from using "____" as it is not respectful"

This is not like a Verbal warning -> Mute but just a warning in game that doesn't affect the report system, unless the moderation team wants that

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
It used to be like this, which I liked. But they say it would make it too easy to bypass the chat filter if this is how it is. I still think they should bring the message back tho

• Agree
Reactions: YeaUhm

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
It used to be like this, which I liked. But they say it would make it too easy to bypass the chat filter if this is how it is. I still think they should bring the message back tho
How would it make it easy to bypass the chat filter? I don't really get that lol.

It's hard trying to type something a specific way when typing already and my messages just getting ghosted for what looks like no reason and I have to break it into like 4 parts to figure out what was said wrong lol

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
How would it make it easy to bypass the chat filter? I don't really get that lol.
It's hard trying to type something a specific way when typing already and my messages just getting ghosted for what looks like no reason and I have to break it into like 4 parts to figure out what was said wrong lol
Well people would just keep sending until they found a way to get the word through, and the chat filter is there because the word is bad so you don't want it. You answered your own question basically, bypassing means exactly what you just siad.

Reactions: YeaUhm

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Well people would just keep sending until they found a way to get the word through, and the chat filter is there because the word is bad so you don't want it. You answered your own question basically, bypassing means exactly what you just siad.
If they are bypassing it they would still be reported, this system just warns the player telling them not to use it

It won't replace the current reporting for language, it won't mute just warn

The current one just deletes the messages, and gives no reason for it happening, especially if it is a false deletion how would a player report that?

LightsOn_

Sep 6, 2020
They don't really deserve a warning imo (the warning if you want to send a message).
They deserve a report, But that's just my opinion.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
They don't really deserve a warning imo (the warning if you want to send a message).
That makes no sense, the reason one gets a punishment is because it affects others for example swearing with young people around or hacking on someone. The reason swearing isn't allowed is because of young people and the most important thing is to keep it off of cubecraft, which mainly means through the chat filter but some words aren't in the chat filter, which means those words get through for people to see, then they should be reported.

Reactions: LightsOn_

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I get that, but currently it just deletes the messages so others can't see, it doesn't even warn people for it or mute.

which means those words get through for people to see, then they should be reported.
I also agree with this, if they find a way to bypass it they deserve the mute, not everyone that does swear does it to hurt people or to say it in a rude way, but more of like adding more like emphasis on something.

That's why it should tell a player not to use that word, because currently if I type a long sentence in chat sometimes I have no clue what I triggered in chat at all

Reactions: Matriox
Members Online

Team online

Top Bottom