Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Whenever I go into ffa on cubecraft (the gamemode with the most players in java), all I see is people mostly arguing about whos better in a 1v1 or not, "u suck u haxx noob!!!", and other childish things.
I agree with you on that, the Network has became really toxic in recent times, which is a pitty because I think people should play to have fun, not to become an untouchable semi-god.
It has been losing players for a long time but this year it has been losing more players more sharply than it ever was. The removal of assassinations and translations team (as I previously said) are one of the reasons why java cubecraft is dying harder than it already was. While you are right about deciding to do a big thing takes a very long time, If this rate of decline continues to persist, then I think java will actually be shut down sooner than most people anticipate.
True, but it seems that the player loss has stabilised in the last months. I hope it doesn't lose more players, in case it does, the network may be at risk in the next months. However, in case it closed, all its exclusive maps and gamemodes should be exported to Bedrock.

• Agree
Reactions: gamer8314

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
The suggestions page tells a different story:
The community reaches a lot further than the feedback and suggestions subforum.

Too bad your staff team has already done that with the removal of the translations team.
For as far as I see, this thread is not about the removal of the tl team.

unlike java where most of the time it starts with the player count less than half filled.
Java has enough players to fill all servers of the most popular games still.

I don't think that java slows down the development of the Bedrock network too much, as the updates are most of the time for bedrock only or bedrock and java.

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m back with yet another controversial suggestion. Hope I don’t get forum banned this time.

Title, basically.

The java network is dying, it barely reaches 1000 players throughout the day (today, a saturday of july, when almost all the playerbase is on holidays) while the bedrock one averages 15k players.

It’s a waste of time and resources (money!) just to keep the java network running. All those resources are better spent on the bedrock server.

”But it’s nostalgic” or whatever. Yes, and? It’s a shadow of what it used to be (trust me, I have spent a lot of time playing here), it’s better to kill it off now and still have a somewhat nostalgic memory than let it die slowly.

What about ranks? All “donors” should be granted a vip level equivalent of their java rank, this could be done using a discord bot or whatever.

Bye
Uhm, when I got Java I joined CubeCraft, I was chocked, there was like... 300 players in a holiday afternoon. I played some games but it feels "empty" next to Bedrock (Sorry but that's my feeling) Yeah of course it's not a bad server but by far I prefer to play on Bedrock, and that's probably why CubeCraft Java is literally dying sadly. *also everyone plays on Hypixel...* :( For now IDK if it's a good idea to close it, if I was a Java player for years I would be sad, I understand they don't want to change version. But don't think it's worth it to keep Java forever...

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
The community reaches a lot further than the feedback and suggestions subforum.
That's true, but that doesn't change the fact that bedrocks community is significantly larger and much more active.
For as far as I see, this thread is not about the removal of the tl team.
As I've said previously, One of the reasons why Java is dying and should be shut down is because of the removal of the translations team. This caused a lot of players to quit the community. Please thoroughly read my posts before coming up with a response.
Java has enough players to fill all servers of the most popular games still.
The only gamemodes I see getting filled up is ffa, solo lucky islands and solo skywars. Even eggwars is not filling up anymore. The other gamemodes with little to no players goes back to my point (and DrHam's point) of java being a waste of time and resources to maintain. Also, the gamemodes that do get filled up on java get 10 times the amount of players on bedrock, so it would not make sense to keep java cube running.
I don't think that java slows down the development of the Bedrock network too much, as the updates are most of the time for bedrock only or bedrock and java.
When there are a big amount of bugs that the developers have to fix on java, yes it does slow down the development of bedrock significantly.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
That's true, but that doesn't change the fact that bedrocks community is significantly larger and much more active.
It's much larger, that's right, but I don't agree with the point that bedrock players are more active than Java players proportionally.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
It's much larger, that's right, but I don't agree with the point that bedrock players are more active than Java players proportionally.
You can argue the proportional thing all you want, but bedrock is still overall much bigger and more active than java. My point still stands.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
You can argue the proportional thing all you want, but bedrock is still overall much bigger and more active than java. My point still stands.
Yes but Java doesn't really delay Bedrock updates. As Egg stated above, most updates are bedrock only or for both networks, only a few ones are exclusive for Java, and most Java exclusive updates are not really big.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Yes but Java doesn't really delay Bedrock updates. As Egg stated above, most updates are bedrock only or for both networks, only a few ones are exclusive for Java, and most Java exclusive updates are not really big.
When there are a big amount of bugs that the developers have to fix on java, yes it does slow down the development of bedrock significantly.
Please read...

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Please read...
Most bugs are common for both networks, you only have to take a look at the changelog channel on discord. There are not that many bugs exclusive to Java, most fixed bugs affect both networks,. However you are right in some aspects, that slows down the development of the bedrock network, but I don't think it does in a significant way.

diego13500

Apr 2, 2018
Mexico
Yes, but Java doesn't really delay Bedrock updates. As Egg stated above, most updates are just critical or for both networks, only a few are Java-only, and most Java-only updates aren't really big. It actually makes sense, although Java is slower than C (base), C is harder to code than Java.

diego13500

Apr 2, 2018
Mexico
Bedrock's success is due to the combination of platforms.
I assure you that if they were separated like they were before 2017, they would have less than 3,000 active people.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Bedrock's success is due to the combination of platforms.
I assure you that if they were separated like they were before 2017, they would have less than 3,000 active people.
Well it still has a lot of players, so your point is irrelevant.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Hello. Java can't be removed in my opinion. CubeCraft became known mostly thanks to Java, and thanks to that we created a good community, one of the best communities in all Minecraft. I believe that Java shouldn't be removed.

Reactions: josepadgui
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
Top Bottom