Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
I am starting to get back into minecraft and thinking of coming back to Cubecraft. If Creative hasnt been completely ruined to what it is now then I would be back, but since it is I am going to try to still come back and what other way than the reason why I came to this server 4 or 5 years ago i think, skyblock. Is this coming back or is it dead? Because apart from the old creative, it was the best mode on the server. It had a healthy player base, a good community that are fun and the whole concept of Skyblock is fun by itself.

Skyblock was removed because it wasn't really a popular game, the daily amount of skyblock players became less and less and less. It might make a comeback someday but I shouldn't count on this.

Read my other comment before commenting on this, I'll admit that isn't 100% accurate. I only played skyblock just before it was removed. ;-;

Last edited:
Reactions: Twania

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015

Before we start I'd just like to share the status of the other parts of Freebuild, Skyblock is confirmed and is coming however we have no plans or ETA on Factions at the moment.​

Welp here's what they said about it. Sadly still no Skyblock ;(

The sad part is that this thread is going to get locked sooner or later due it breaking the rules. But I too want to know if they're working on Skyblock, or at least have plans for it.

This is far from the truth. It was a popular game. However, it was horribly broken. That was what ruined it.
I have never been a real skyblock player, I didn't even play as much back then so I could be wrong. I think the game was pretty popular at the beginning and middle but as far as I remember there wasn't a big amount of players just before it was removed. Me and especially my friends (who did like the game) remember that the amount of players became less and less. I don't remember the game being broken (maybe also because I didn't pay that much attention to that back then) so I assumed it was because of the lack of players. Well rip then I guess :/

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I also really like Skyblock, but I dont think it will come back and ill explain why.
Cubecraft wants to be a minigame server. Skyblock isnt a minigame so it doesnt fit into what Cubecraft wants to be. If you want to play skyblock there are loads of other servers that you can find on the internet.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Welp here's what they said about it. Sadly still no Skyblock ;(

The sad part is that this thread is going to get locked sooner or later due it breaking the rules. But I too want to know if they're working on Skyblock, or at least have plans for it.
Factions is a dying gamemode UHC and Survival games are as well, pretty much its all about Eggwars/Bedwars , Murder mystery skywars, and Modpacks such as Skyfactory

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Here's what I know regarding Freebuild:

Factions was left with a game-breaking bug for six months. Said bug was the result of the /sethome command, which when inputted would instantly crash the server and reset it by about five minutes or so. A friend of mine contacted Marco personally and explained the issue, yet he was adamant on not fixing it. The problem persisted for over six months or so, until the server was eventually taken offline alongside the rest of Freebuild.

We were told in early 2015 that it would be returning. I believe that this was their original intention, seeing as how there were staff-endorsed suggestion threads, and additions to the 'Factions' section of the forums. However, as each month passed, we were repeatedly told that it would be coming 'Soon'. A few ETA's they gave were Summer 2015, Fall 2015, "the end of the year", and Summer 2016. Since then, we've heard nothing, and the spawn that was intended to be used for Factions was re-purposed for something else.

Whatever their reasons for this, it's evident that the management team does not want Factions on the server. Keep in mind that a simple change of rank permissions would've resolved the bug, thereby allowing its still sizable player-base to enjoy the game. For whatever reason, they decided to dismiss all requests to do this. I can therefore only conclude that they do not want Factions on Cubecraft.

In relation to Skyblock, a game-breaking duplication glitch was found and exploited at a very inconvenient time, being when Rubik_Cube_Man was I believe on vacation. By the time anything could be done, the game's integrity had long since shattered. Shortly thereafter, the world corrupted and the server went offline. It was revived, however due to the immense player-count, it shortly became unplayable again, the world corrupted, and the game was swiftly removed.

Despite the evident demand for its return, the management team likely feels it's too risky an investment due to these two aforementioned experiences.

It's a shame to see how all those who once advocated for the return of these once beloved games have long since quit, no doubt out of impatience or frustration.

The only advice I can give to you if you're expecting to see them, is to not get your hopes too high. Perhaps they'll surprise us someday and we'll see them return, but from experience, I sadly wouldn't count on it. Skyblock may still return (fingers crossed), however Cubecraft Games is a minigame server now, and is no longer known for hosting Freebuild games.

nBas

Novice Member
May 31, 2017
The Netherlands
Skyblock was removed because it wasn't really a popular game, the daily amount of skyblock players became less and less and less. It might make a comeback someday but I shouldn't count on this.
Yes, it was not popular, I think a lot of people play skyblock on another server and skywars/ eggwars and more on CubeCraft. I think CubeCraft don"t benefit with SkyBlock

Reactions: CubeTale

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
Yes, it was not popular, I think a lot of people play skyblock on another server and skywars/ eggwars and more on CubeCraft. I think CubeCraft don"t benefit with SkyBlock
Erm what? Skyblock was one of the most popular servers on Cubecraft for some time. had 300+ players everyday at one time, so calling it "not popular" is stupid. Also if cubecraft just want to become a minigame server there are other servers that are wayy better for minigames and have more than 5 times the daily players base cubecraft has. Cubecrafts player count has been dying ever since skyblock and factions were removed, and since creative has been changed. From 20k players daily to 8k.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
And Cubecraft did skyblock better than litteraly any other server out there. The shop was fair and not just filled with litteraly everything buyable and sellable. You get nothing at the start but an island, most servers just give you fill iron with iron tools from the start and loads of other stuff. It didnt have any plugins that completely change it, it was just normal skyblock with minimal changes. You could also build and connect islands if you wanted if you had friends next to you, it was epic.

Reactions: Sophie

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
After freebuild was released I believe the owners said in the community stream that skyblock was coming "soon" as the groundwork had been laid. If you don't like the new freebuild I don't think the upcoming skyblock will be very enjoyable to you either as it will most likely use the same mechanics as the new freebuild and possibly have many of the same bugs. Anyway there are plenty of almost unmodified skyblock servers out there if that's what your looking for. I even know a vanilla skyblock server that uses command blocks xD

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
Ok Skyblock is coming, now im just gonna play singleplayer survival until it comes. can someone lock this please mods??

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I am starting to get back into minecraft and thinking of coming back to Cubecraft. If Creative hasnt been completely ruined to what it is now then I would be back, but since it is I am going to try to still come back and what other way than the reason why I came to this server 4 or 5 years ago i think, skyblock. Is this coming back or is it dead? Because apart from the old creative, it was the best mode on the server. It had a healthy player base, a good community that are fun and the whole concept of Skyblock is fun by itself.

Yeah its about TIME!!!

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
And Cubecraft did skyblock better than litteraly any other server out there. The shop was fair and not just filled with litteraly everything buyable and sellable. You get nothing at the start but an island, most servers just give you fill iron with iron tools from the start and loads of other stuff. It didnt have any plugins that completely change it, it was just normal skyblock with minimal changes. You could also build and connect islands if you wanted if you had friends next to you, it was epic.
Oh god I remember building to other peoples' islands, such a random thing to be able to do that actually defined Cubecraft Skyblock. The shop was also wonderful, minus a few sell prices that could be exploited. I hope they don't try doing anything fancy with Skyblock like they did Creative Mode. Just give us what we had before with maybe a few new things sprinkled in, and work from there.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
Top Bottom