Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think Minecraft 1.8 PVP is finally over?

• Total voters

ZekeZurita

Mar 10, 2016
[This thread is unrelated to the server itself but was posted in the "Off Topic" section, so I'm good.]

So, it's been like, what, 5 years or so since we've had a dramatic change in Minecraft. If there is anything players have gotten accustomed to, it is spam-clicking. Spam-clicking used to be the ONLY method of PVP; one must had to master it before being crowned king. But, 1.9 threw those dreams out of the window, with new attack speeds and weapon powers. So, it only begs the question; is Minecraft 1.8 spam-clicking gone forever? Well, here are two answers:

Yes, or Possibly: I guess Mojang felt that an extra step had to be taken. Maybe step out of our comfort zone for a while. Now, like stated, so many people have gotten accustomed to this method. But I have one idea as to why Mojang made this choice; in-game hackers. Most users on this forum must have heard about "Aura-kill", a infamous hack that allows you to hit your target from even a few feet away. Because we were allowed to spam-click, these hackers could kill you in seconds, endlessly swinging their sword in your sad, little face. Now that the attacks should be charged, it won't be so powerful for these hackers. Then again, that is an idea.

No: Personally, I feel that the Minecraft fanbase may fight back for the good ole 1.8 PVP style. Well, at least the fanbase that DESPISES it. This can be because most players haven't gotten enough practice with the new format, so they just don't like it. I was one of these people, but then, I suddenly got good, and Minecraft 1.9 PVP couldn't get any better. It is all about the skill and strategy invested in your fight, which most players lack of. Who knows, maybe Mojang may through 1.9 PVP out the window and re-introduce 1.8 PVP once again. So, that's my idea.

Well, maybe if there is a Minecraft 2.0 (the wiki refers to it as 1.10), 1.8 spam-clicking, enraging PVP may prosper, and the world will be filled with aura-killers and aggravated fanbases whom will punch the living life out of their walls, desks, and monitors in a rage. =D

-ZekeZurita

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
I hope they don't switch back to 1.8 PvP, because I just love to run into people who keep spam-clicking like on 1.8, which does no damage. :D

Livid

Jan 3, 2016
Lol, its 1.9 hackers can change their pvp to 1.8 again. Don't you guys get the newspaper?

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom