Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
Hello Everyone! So I recently moved houses and setup my internet a few weeks ago. I got a 1200mbps plan from Xfinity connected to an Amplifi Alien router. However I don’t actually get 1200mbps when I do a speed test, I only get around 750mbps. I also use a vpn located in France when I’m on EU servers to lower my ping. Without a VPN I literally get over 200ms, but with a vpn I get around 105-120ms.

At my old house and before I upgraded my wifi (I used to use 100mbps internet), I got 250ms. So I’m very happy I was able to cut that number down by half. I was wondering if there is a way I could get at least under 100ms, or if I did everything I could. I heard recently that Xfinity is soon bringing their 2Gbps Gigabit Pro Fiber service to my neighborhood, so I was wondering how much more it would lower my ping by. I mainly play on the NA servers now, but whenever it is the afternoon in the USA, it automatically switches me to EU servers to deliver better matchmaking. So I end up playing at night.

I wish Cube had more American players. You would think so since it’s the only large server that offers 1.9 pvp. But that unfortunately isn’t the case. I really hope there is more I can do to help my ping because I now know first hand that it sucks to pvp both as a lagger, and against a lagger.

P.S. Big thanks to all the pros who gave some amazing advice after matches in duels to “buy wifi”. Your advice helped me lower my ping by half and I am very very grateful and definitely not fuming.

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Hi! I understand your frustration, but sadly I believe, ping is only your connection to the servers. Getting a better internet speed would therefore not change a lot, the only way to reduce your ping is to relocate closer to the servers, but I understand that’s not an option. I would just play as much as possible when there are NA servers available. You could also try out a better VPN, that might be the best solution in this case. Anyway, I hope I helped you out at least a little bit. Good luck!

Reactions: adamsony

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
Hi! I understand your frustration, but sadly I believe, ping is only your connection to the servers. Getting a better internet speed would therefore not change a lot, the only way to reduce your ping is to relocate closer to the servers, but I understand that’s not an option. I would just play as much as possible when there are NA servers available. You could also try out a better VPN, that might be the best solution in this case. Anyway, I hope I helped you out at least a little bit. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice! I currently use ExpressVPN which is supposed to be one of the fastest on the market. I guess I probably have done all I can in that case. I’ll just play at night when the NA servers are available. Hey, who needs sleep anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: YeaUhm
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

98/100

all that effort and despite getting a perfect score from my superiors i never got a perfect score in my work immersion subject
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom