Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
don't hate for the pun in the tittle, everyone has their own opinion :).

It is me again! With a lovely 'rant' kind of thread. I kinda feel bad doing these, but as I see so SO many people saying, Cubecraft is copying Hypixel , I think it is logical to make this thread.

So first a bit of backstory about Copyright. Many know what it is, but just to make sure:
Copyright is the protection artists, inventors and any other content content creator has, to make sure things they make and do can't be copied by others without their permission.

Copyright is a difficult thing to understand as many country's have different rules for it and there are a lot of exceptions. One of them is fair use:
Fair use makes it possible to make remixes, take quotes from anything, make 'react' video's and much more.
The idea behind fair use is to make it possible for others to use copyrighted content and use it for various things without abusing it (so you are not allowed to copy whole movies and sell them for money, but you can make a MLG compilation from it and get ad revenue).

So what does this have to do with Eggwars/bedwars?
If I want to make a Gamemode called Badwurs and make it look like Eggwars only with a few teaks to make it better, that's allowed due to fair use (it is a remake of Eggwars). This is what Cubecraft did to make their Eggwars and what Hypixel did to make Bedwars. And that's fine! If Hypixel would take the code of Eggwars and use it on their server without permission, than it becomes a crime, but that is not the case.

You might still say: ''But the clay is copied from Bedwars!''. You are probably right, it seems odd that all of a sudden Cubecraft has stained clay, while Hypixel had that way earlier. But that doesn't matter. Think about it for a second. Would I be able to play Minecraft as the cubic like graphics were ''copied'' from a game called The Ace of Spades (true story), Would I be able to use my mouse to look around as my mouse was an idea of Douglas Engelbart (true as well)? Hell, would I be able to even type this thread as words aren't made up by me?

Without being able to copy others the world would be a different place.

To sign off, a good quote from Picasso:

''Good artists copy, great artist steal.''

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Last quote pretty much sums up the entire thread for those who didn't bother to read the whole thing.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
don't hate for the pun in the tittle,
Aye Puns
If I want to make a Gamemode called Badwurs and make it look like Eggwars only with a few teaks to make it better, that's allowed due to fair use (it is a remake of Eggwars).
*laughs for a second* yeah no that is still fair grounds or should I said Fairgrounds (This is why I own Bad puns inc.)
anyways it is completely fairgrounds being you won't be able to be sued due to nobody having ownership and also maps take spleef as an example
if this were to apply in all cases than all servers that involved spleef would be breaking the law but they aren't (I realise you say that after this is for anyone who is confused)

I also want to point out that people saying that Cubecraft copied Hypixel
by adding something that is as mundane as shop clearance or adding coloured blocks
You care why? Hypixel has non-coloured blocks as well such as wood or endstone, they simply used the colour of the island
I am willing to bet that when making this decision they probably weren't thinking "you know what? Bedwars has coloured blocks and that makes the game a lot less confusing let's just add coloured clay as a slightly frowned upon indirect copying choice" I really doubt that happened

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
-____________________________________________________________________________________-

Can we stop with the posts about hypixel/cubecraft copying each other?

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
-____________________________________________________________________________________-

Can we stop with the posts about hypixel/cubecraft copying each other?
Yes!
Like, could people just realize that servers have competition and take ideas?
Taking an idea and putting your own twist on it, everyone has done that im pretty sure.
No need to stress.

tbh im really sick of these threads

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
you find bedwars in every server.. its a common minigame, most servers has same minigames, i dont know how its copying but k

Reactions: Deeds

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
you find bedwars in every server.. its a common minigame, most servers has same minigames, i dont know how its copying but k
But not every server's bedwars is created equal. Like this one server where a lot of bees live and make honey, the bedwars is complete crap and they should probably copy more from hypixel bedwars.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Yes!
Like, could people just realize that servers have competition and take ideas?
Taking an idea and putting your own twist on it, everyone has done that im pretty sure.
No need to stress.

tbh im really sick of these threads

But then there would be no reason to create a game. People would just steal it and pass it off as their own. And Hypixel gets this huge advantage because thats were players first look for games.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
So you're saying that Hypickel copied Cube?
They Copied GommeHD's BedWars, which was copied by Cube previously.
If you're trying to say Egg Wars is original, it's not really TBH.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
don't hate for the pun in the tittle, everyone has their own opinion :).

It is me again! With a lovely 'rant' kind of thread. I kinda feel bad doing these, but as I see so SO many people saying, Cubecraft is copying Hypixel , I think it is logical to make this thread.

So first a bit of backstory about Copyright. Many know what it is, but just to make sure:
Copyright is the protection artists, inventors and any other content content creator has, to make sure things they make and do can't be copied by others without their permission.

Copyright is a difficult thing to understand as many country's have different rules for it and there are a lot of exceptions. One of them is fair use:
Fair use makes it possible to make remixes, take quotes from anything, make 'react' video's and much more.
The idea behind fair use is to make it possible for others to use copyrighted content and use it for various things without abusing it (so you are not allowed to copy whole movies and sell them for money, but you can make a MLG compilation from it and get ad revenue).

So what does this have to do with Eggwars/bedwars?
If I want to make a Gamemode called Badwurs and make it look like Eggwars only with a few teaks to make it better, that's allowed due to fair use (it is a remake of Eggwars). This is what Cubecraft did to make their Eggwars and what Hypixel did to make Bedwars. And that's fine! If Hypixel would take the code of Eggwars and use it on their server without permission, than it becomes a crime, but that is not the case.

You might still say: ''But the clay is copied from Bedwars!''. You are probably right, it seems odd that all of a sudden Cubecraft has stained clay, while Hypixel had that way earlier. But that doesn't matter. Think about it for a second. Would I be able to play Minecraft as the cubic like graphics were ''copied'' from a game called The Ace of Spades (true story), Would I be able to use my mouse to look around as my mouse was an idea of Douglas Engelbart (true as well)? Hell, would I be able to even type this thread as words aren't made up by me?

Without being able to copy others the world would be a different place.

To sign off, a good quote from Picasso:

''Good artists copy, great artist steal.''
Well, both servers copied each other.
Honestly, CCG did copy quite a lot of ideas from Hypixle, but they changed it in a "special" way so sometimes I do prefer to play certain similar mini-games here.
Example is Layer Spleef, Paintball and eggwars.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Aye Puns

*laughs for a second* yeah no that is still fair grounds or should I said Fairgrounds (This is why I own Bad puns inc.)
anyways it is completely fairgrounds being you won't be able to be sued due to nobody having ownership and also maps take spleef as an example
if this were to apply in all cases than all servers that involved spleef would be breaking the law but they aren't (I realise you say that after this is for anyone who is confused)

I also want to point out that people saying that Cubecraft copied Hypixel
by adding something that is as mundane as shop clearance or adding coloured blocks
You care why? Hypixel has non-coloured blocks as well such as wood or endstone, they simply used the colour of the island
I am willing to bet that when making this decision they probably weren't thinking "you know what? Bedwars has coloured blocks and that makes the game a lot less confusing let's just add coloured clay as a slightly frowned upon indirect copying choice" I really doubt that happened
You are right. And even if they were directly copying the idea, it wouldn't matter.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom