Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

datboy

Aug 8, 2016
I know this isn't much of a suggestion, but I had no other place to put this.

Why Cubecraft losing so many players? Just a few months ago it easily got around 12,000 players, now we don't even get 10,000 most of the time. That's not even mentioning the facts it got over 20,000 about 2 years ago.

Is their anything that can be done to save it or is the server doomed to just die out like so many others before itK

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
upload_2018-3-10_13-51-3.jpeg

It has declined, but until other large servers migrate to 1.9+, CCG will remain the biggest server for the 1.9+ community. With 1.13's integration promised upon said update's release, I can only see the server growing in months to come. It has declined compared to its player-base two years ago, but declining does not equate to dying.

D

Deleted member 100818

This should be in Support or Everything Else.
Like he said ^

CubeCraft had indeed 30.000 players once in 2016 I believe. But it's far away from dying. I loved old Cube, gotta admit that but it's getting more players now. Even though it's been better, calling it dying is unnecessary.

Reactions: Keanu

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
It's just sad that people have to make this kind of threads, because you don't give positive critism, the only thing you say is "THE SERVER IS DYING!1!1".

Why Cubecraft losing so many players? Just a few months ago it easily got around 12,000 players, now we don't even get 10,000 most of the time. That's not even mentioning the facts it got over 20,000 about 2 years ago.
12.000 players in the last few months? What do you mean with the last few months? 6 months ago, 2 months ago or a whole year? I know the number of players has decreased, but the number of players is steady now! We aren't losing players, I see about 6000-10.000 players when I'm online, and that's okay! As you can see on the picture below, there have already been 70.000+ players online today! That's pretty much!
cf7bbc1ac7d521e73fb2d50b19439c7d.png

And the number of players will only increase because we have some incredible new games, and we have a smart management team which suprises us every week or 2 weeks with a new update!
Is their anything that can be done to save it or is the server doomed to just die out like so many others before itK
The erver is not dying at all, the community is growing after the release of new games like the Béta Games, the new arcade update and so much more!
Please, never call this server a 'dying server' again, please, don't.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
CubeCraft had indeed 30.000 players once in 2016 I believe
funnily enough, the day the chunk shut down and the playerbase came to CubeCraft.

and it's the 2nd biggest server in minecraft (albeit VERY far behind the top), it's not like they've got a problem. they make enough money.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
If you are talking about the last few months, I reckon the apparent great increase in major bugs is somewhat to blame:
  • Hundreds of players are forcibly kicked from the server every day (due to the 'Loading Terrain' glitch that now affects 40% of all gamemodes).
  • When connecting to a lobby, 1/4 times it fails which isn't fun.
  • Occasional game and lobby outages / entire network server lag.
  • Inaccurate statistics in most games for 25 days now, with no explanation to the large majority of players.
  • Major arcade bugs in the week before its update, including great lack of game availability and players not being able to join games after the first round (meaning players were stuck waiting there not knowing why nobody was joining).
  • Smaller bugs like broken daily challenges and players not being able to say "gg" in duels - it all intensifies the feeling of an inconsistent, broken network.
  • Parties invites often failing, with no public explanation on how to make it work.
  • Disappointing / over-hyped updates like the Lobby Games. The new lobby and its games were meant to be released together, however apparently due to overrunning development for the games they had to be separated. I saw so many people asking what the new games were and how they could play them, and pretty much all were disappointed upon finding the limited extent of them. Lobby Games are a good idea, however they were introduced very poorly (presumably due to missed development deadlines).
  • Often releases of new games come with a short period of major network problems (examples being Arcade, TNT Trouble, Infection, Bingo Teams Mode). I don't mean small bugs local to that updated game like with Minerware or even the rematches not working in Duels, but rather players not being able to join games despite Cubecraft advertising to everyone in their MOTD that they should come play the new game. Though these are often short-lived problems, they happen at the worst possible time; when Cubecraft is at the centre of attention.
    For every blemished update, more players go away disappointed and are less likely to come back for the next.

Jsnakebfksns

Mar 9, 2018

players loved 1.8 pvp more than 1.9 pvp which is why fewer and fewer players are playing cubecraft

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
If you don't know the answer then don't reply. It's that simple.
He only wanted the thread to be moved to another sub-forum. He didn't mass tag staff members, and he posted the thread in #staff-help on Discord. It's fine, right?
But, I understand you either, maybe he should've added a comment about the thread itself.

D

Deleted member 59979

I would say its definately not dying just decreasing in popularity a bit. As Remi said there are tens of thousands of players online daily and its still hugely popular. The main problem that people are leaving in my opinion is of course the bugs. As stated already there are dozens of major bugs that affect gameplay to a level where it is much more difficult to play. I still think its definately not dying, just a bit less popular.

Gotta love how you completely ignored his question and just commented on where to post it.
Disgusting.
If you don't know the answer then don't reply. It's that simple.
Ironic considering how you just posted on this thread to have a go at someone doing nothing wrong...

Reactions: remio

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
He only wanted the thread to be moved to another sub-forum.
But, I understand you either, maybe he should've added a comment about the thread itself.
That's not what I'm talking about. In fact, I couldn't care less. What I do care about however, is that he mindlessly posted a comment completely unrelated to the topic.

Jsnakebfksns

Mar 9, 2018
That's actually not true. You can still play 1.8 on CubeCraft, but only EggWars and SkyWars. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
I think there are more players playing 1.9 than 1.8. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
yeah thats true but befor you can play all games in 1.8 that whas why the most players liket it

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
Yes, quite frankly, it is dying. They never even get over 10k players online :)
- 1.9 PvP might be the reason - I feel like people are starting to realize how boring it actually is
- the approach of management hasn't been the best in the last year or so
- better servers out there :)

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy birthday wischii
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Hello Acra, how are you?:D
Top Bottom