Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft reach out to more players around the world?

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
This suggestion is just a mess of ideas and I hope the people reading this will help me elaborate on the topic. This thread doesn't refer to many specific solutions but mostly concentrates on the concept of the suggestion.
  • It is incredible to watch the player count go down so drastically in the course of a few hours, the player count changes from 3.4k to 800.
But why is it? Because most of CubeCraft's demographic live in Europe and North America. And why is that? Because this server is completely English-friendly.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many dutch people playing CubeCraft? It's because between 90%-93% of the people in the Netherlands speak English.

But there are many other communities that I feel like CubeCraft is missing on. Especially three: Spanish, Russian and Arabic speaking players.

So I began thinking on ways through which CubeCraft could reach out to those players:
  • Getting individual IP addresses for each one of those communities. What for? Better latency and so you can display Updates in the multiplayer screen in the respective languages.
  • Complete translation of every message one can receive while playing CubeCraft. Like MinerWare's instructions, join messages, death messages, etc. (Maybe the Translation team can help in this one)
  • Once you do these changes it would be important to display a menu to every player (like the privacy policy thingie) giving them the option to select their language, and based on the language they select they would also get a message suggesting them to connect to CubeCraft with a different ip address.
  • Creating a language identifier for every staff member in their profile page, that way players know who to speak with.
  • At last, there should be a staff recruitment campaign that especially focuses on reaching out to Spanish, Russian and Arabic speaking players. Which could include less strict requirements for application and server-wise messages advertising the job.
These are only some ideas and they might involve a lot of time and resources. But they are definitely worth it, considering CubeCraft could double or triple their player count by acquiring new demographics.

Thanks for reading this suggestion! Any type of feedback is appreciated and I hope you help out in proposing more things that could help the server to grow "internationally"

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom