Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should it be increased?

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Cause you can gain more apples for less and that's good for fighting with other people who have better armor than you!
For example Chain armor VS Iron armor who will win without Gapples? I fight with leather and rush to mid and if somebody has chain or better i can fight them with my apples but remember i cant always win that fight cause sometimes if i eat that guy can hit me to death and sometimes im faster with eating and i can continue fighting.
It's easy to kill people with better gear. Just play normal or bait them to the edge / bridge.

Tristayy

Novice Member
Apr 19, 2017
Outer Space
I do strongly agree with this suggestion.

However, isn't the thing about "overpowered" to have it completely overpowered?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Yes but I wanted to say every mode in normal the price is i think 10? Idk anymore but i love the prices right now so i say a NO. -1
In NORMAL mode, the price per apple is 2 gold. As I stated previously, this applies to OP mode on NORMAL eggwars.
In SPEED eggwars, the price per apple is 10 gold in normal mode. SPEED eggwars doesn't get affected by this change.

BABY_CLOROX

Jun 11, 2016
this suggestion is pointless. if you are complaining about how many apples someone buys then just buy more yourself. I dont even use golden apples during fights and i think this idea is stupid. In the time it takes you to eat an apple you will be hit at least 6 times. Thats 6 more hits on the armor of the person eating the apple opposed to the person not eating them. The persons armor that is eating the apples is gonna break much faster. and an apple only gives you 4 hearts. If you are in op and have a sharp 5 sword that is only 2 hits if they have full iron armor. And if you have a sharp 5 sword you are gonna break iron armor pretty quick. Ive never had a problem killing people that eat apples. If you are good enough at pvp then it shouldnt matter. Just because someone is better than you doesnt mean the server should change things. Its all about skill. Everyone has their own way of playing. Its up to you to adapt. If apples are so cheap then you should just buy them too. With a level 4 gold gen you can get an apple every second. I really dont see this as a problem. Just keep a spare set of armor on you and you should be fine. and if you think golden apples are that big of a problem for you just buy a notch apple. with the regen and resistance you will out last a person that eats 20 apples

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
this suggestion is pointless. if you are complaining about how many apples someone buys then just buy more yourself.
The typical "submit to the broken tactic to win" answer.
Sorry, but I'm not looking for this type of solution, as it doesn't at all fix the problem.

If you are in op and have a sharp 5 sword that is only 2 hits
'Tis a dear shame that you can only get a sharp 2 version of each sword, with the sharp 5 diamond being an exception.
Aside from that, they also have protection 4 armour you need to break through. Damage isn't going to do much if they eat on time, as you physically can't do any more damage than you're dealing already.

Just because someone is better than you doesnt mean the server should change things. Its all about skill.
So in OP eggwars, you can get insane amounts of golden apples extremely quickly. This usually means that people will rely on chugging their apples to make sure they don't die, and then attack you after eating one or two.
The problem is, they have more apples than you do. This means that they can eat much more than you can, ultimately leading to your death due to not having the golden apples. I've had this happen to me, and I usually play OP half health to negate this.
The example I gave here shows that the amount of golden apples the person had was the reason they won, regardless of his/her skill. All they need to know is when to eat on time & keep their armour in check.
If apples are so cheap then you should just buy them too. With a level 4 gold gen you can get an apple every second. I really dont see this as a problem. Just keep a spare set of armor on you and you should be fine. and if you think golden apples are that big of a problem for you just buy a notch apple. with the regen and resistance you will out last a person that eats 20 apples
You can't really get easy access to apples if the shop is a block or two away from the edge, as it only takes, what, less than a second or so to knock someone off?
"Keep a spare set of armour on you and you should be fine" is a valid point, however what do you do if they have way more sets than you do?
Are you going to tell me "buy more sets than you usually do?
If so, don't. That's something you can only think of in hindsight, as barely anybody ever brings 2 extra sets, let alone an inventory full.
"just buy a notch apple"
Sounds good, doesn't work.
Why?
You can get plenty of golden apples by the time you have access to diamonds, meaning that this issue can occur before you've even touched a diamond.

BABY_CLOROX

Jun 11, 2016
they also have protection 4 armour you need to break through.
it takes the same amount of hits to break protection 4 iron armor as it takes to break normal iron armor. The protection level has nothing to do with the durability.

You can't really get easy access to apples if the shop is a block or two away from the edge, as it only takes, what, less than a second or so to knock someone off?
You can buy the apples before you even leave your base on most maps. furthermore if they can hit you off if you are trying to buy them, wouldn't you be able to do the same thing to them????

however what do you do if they have way more sets than you do?
Basically what you are saying is that its not fair for someone to have more stuff than you. You have a problem when someone has more apples than you and now you have a problem if they have more armor than you.

You can get plenty of golden apples by the time you have access to diamonds
exactly the point i made to where you said about getting knocked off when you are buying them. If you have access to golden apples before you even touch diamonds than that means that you never have to leave your base to get apples. There would be no bridge to your base so how would you get knocked off.

In Closing:

Basically you just don't like the way some people play or you're not good at using the same strat as they use, which isn't a bad thing, and you want them to change it because you don't feel like buying more apples. Its the same as butterfly clicking or the fishing rod strat on other servers. Some people are good at it and some people aren't. Just because someone can time when to eat an apple to keep them alive doesn't mean that the whole game should change just because some people cant do the same.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
it takes the same amount of hits to break protection 4 iron armor as it takes to break normal iron armor. The protection level has nothing to do with the durability.
I never meant to imply that the protection value had affected how much durability damage armour can take. I was saying that you can only get sharpness 2 swords, aside from the sharpness 5 diamond sword.
The prot 4 armour part was mainly to tell you that you can't simply kill them while they're eating since you can't do more damage than he's recovering from if they eat an apple. That just doesn't work out in OP mode.
Basically what you are saying is that its not fair for someone to have more stuff than you. You have a problem when someone has more apples than you and now you have a problem if they have more armor than you.
Think of it like this:
The more apples you get, the more they get. It's usually a better idea to get them before they become too geared, otherwise they'll just be a bigger pain to fight.

Well, sort of.
If someone has better armour and/or better weapons, I usually don't lose a fight. I can probably break three or so sets of the same type before I completely go through one of mine.
However, if someone has way more apples than me, I can't kill him until he runs out of them. For instance: If I were to take on an iron guy that had lots of apples while I used a wooden sword, I wouldn't be able to kill him unless either of these two thing happen:
-His armour breaks, he has no extra sets
-He runs out of apples
What golden apples do, is basically recover from the damage you took faster than someone can deal damage to you. I wouldn't call it too fair if someone ate a thousand gapples through the entire fight without you being able to do much about it.

exactly the point i made to where you said about getting knocked off when you are buying them. If you have access to golden apples before you even touch diamonds than that means that you never have to leave your base to get apples. There would be no bridge to your base so how would you get knocked off.
What does "never leaving your base" have anything to do with dealing with someone chugging?
I don't remember me mentioning getting knocked off of a bridge...
All I said was that there are maps which have the shop a few blocks away from the edge, meaning that anyone could easily be knocked off within a second or so.

Basically you just don't like the way some people play or you're not good at using the same strat as they use, which isn't a bad thing, and you want them to change it because you don't feel like buying more apples. Its the same as butterfly clicking or the fishing rod strat on other servers. Some people are good at it and some people aren't. Just because someone can time when to eat an apple to keep them alive doesn't mean that the whole game should change just because some people cant do the same.
It's not that I'm bad at doing the same, but rather I absolutely despise this tactic. Someone who isn't good at it probably won't even stand a chance.
I won't be able to convince you, and you won't be able to convince me.
However, I do have a few questions:
Would you care if the price was increased? Would you hate it if it were decreased? Do you do this chug apples yourself?

BABY_CLOROX

Jun 11, 2016
The prot 4 armour part was mainly to tell you that you can't simply kill them while they're eating since you can't do more damage than he's recovering from if they eat an apple. That just doesn't work out in OP mode.
if they are eating apples then that means they are not hitting you in turn not dealing and damage to you or your armor. so the person eating the apples will have their armor break alot faster than the person not eating them. and once their armor breaks even with a wooden sword you will deal more damage than is being restored by a golden apple. If you have a sharp 2 iron sword and someone with no armor eats a notch apple you can still kill them, even during their regin period from the apple. The amount of apples shouldnt matter once their armor is broken.

However, if someone has way more apples than me, I can't kill him until he runs out of them. For instance: If I were to take on an iron guy that had lots of apples while I used a wooden sword, I wouldn't be able to kill him unless either of these two thing happen:
-His armour breaks, he has no extra sets
-He runs out of apples
What golden apples do, is basically recover from the damage you took faster than someone can deal damage to you. I wouldn't call it too fair if someone ate a thousand gapples through the entire fight without you being able to do much about it.
untrue as i just explained

What does "never leaving your base" have anything to do with dealing with someone chugging?
I don't remember me mentioning getting knocked off of a bridge...
All I said was that there are maps which have the shop a few blocks away from the edge, meaning that anyone could easily be knocked off within a second or so.
you said and i quote "You can't really get easy access to apples if the shop is a block or two away from the edge, as it only takes, what, less than a second or so to knock someone off?" which was a reply to me saying if the apples are so cheap than why dont you just buy them too. So yes you did say something about getting knocked off.

Would you care if the price was increased? Would you hate it if it were decreased? Do you do this chug apples yourself?
if wouldnt matter to me if a golden apple gets raised to 500 diamonds for 1 because i dont buy golden apples. I start with the healer kit and those 2 apples are pretty much the only apples i use. I do not use them in a fight because as i eat the apple they get more hits on me which breaks down my armor, also im really good at pvp so i dont need the apples anyway. Pretty much the only time i use golden apples if i buy them is just to heal after a fight but i wont eat 20 of them to get my health back. Ill get into a fight, win, and then eat a golden apple to get a few hearts back. And then on to the next fight.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
if they are eating apples then that means they are not hitting you in turn not dealing and damage to you or your armor. so the person eating the apples will have their armor break alot faster than the person not eating them. and once their armor breaks even with a wooden sword you will deal more damage than is being restored by a golden apple. If you have a sharp 2 iron sword and someone with no armor eats a notch apple you can still kill them, even during their regin period from the apple. The amount of apples shouldnt matter once their armor is broken.
...Which means absolutely nothing as this is only a problem when:
All they need to know is when to eat on time & keep their armour in check.
(In the main thread)

untrue as i just explained
Did you even read the whole area you quoted?

you said and i quote "You can't really get easy access to apples if the shop is a block or two away from the edge, as it only takes, what, less than a second or so to knock someone off?" which was a reply to me saying if the apples are so cheap than why dont you just buy them too. So yes you did say something about getting knocked off.
I misunderstood that: I thought you mentioned something about being knocked off of a bridge, but that wasn't ever said.
What about the rest of that quote that you selected though?

if wouldnt matter to me if a golden apple gets raised to 500 diamonds for 1 because i dont buy golden apples. I start with the healer kit and those 2 apples are pretty much the only apples i use. I do not use them in a fight because as i eat the apple they get more hits on me which breaks down my armor, also im really good at pvp so i dont need the apples anyway. Pretty much the only time i use golden apples if i buy them is just to heal after a fight but i wont eat 20 of them to get my health back. Ill get into a fight, win, and then eat a golden apple to get a few hearts back. And then on to the next fight.
Fair enough, thanks for answering the questions.
Now: What do you do when you get into a fight where the player is skilled and they have plenty of apples & actually know when to eat them on time to prevent death? (skilled = experienced, they have extra sets)
This occurs pretty often, so you should know how to deal with this, right?

BABY_CLOROX

Jun 11, 2016
Now: What do you do when you get into a fight where the player is skilled and they have plenty of apples & actually know when to eat them on time to prevent death? (skilled = experienced, they have extra sets)
This occurs pretty often, so you should know how to deal with this, right?
its all about the combos

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom