Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which option seems the most reasonable?

• Total voters

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Today in few games of solos eggwars, I was playing normally until I died to someone who had very little PvP skill. The reason they were able to kill me, for the most part, was that they spammed me with slowness arrows and then started to kill me. Since slowness arrows affect the ability to sprint, this makes it so I cannot get a combo on them and they are able to hit me much more easily. If these arrows are so useful, you’d think they were pretty expensive, right?

Wrong. Arrows of slowness cost 2 gold per in Normal and 1 Gold in Overpowered. This price is completely ridiculous as they prevent normal gameplay so much. They are much more overpowered than weakness arrows, because they don’t even let you hit an opponent in the void. Although bows are balanced by costing diamonds, the 8 or 12 diamonds and 20 or so gold for a good slowness arrow spam setup are still severely underpriced.

While I would like to see slowness arrows removed completely or have their price changed to emeralds, since a few people still like them I think they’re probably going to stay in the shop for diamonds or gold. However, they should be made more expensive due to their sheer usefulness and ease of spamming.

The prices I believe they should be changed to are this:

Normal: 2 diamonds apiece (32 diamonds for 16)
Overpowered: Either 10 gold apiece (50 gold for 5), or 1 diamond apiece (16 diamonds for 16).

I think this would balance these arrows out better, and while they are not typically used much in the community it’s still very annoying for someone bad to hit you with one and leave you practically defenseless for 10 seconds due to not being able to sprint. React with an :agree: if you would like this to be changed!

Last edited:

EntityRqised

May 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Pronouns
She/Her
I personally don't agree with diamonds being used in order to buy slowness arrows, however I do agree that the pricing should be increased a little more in both normal mode and overpowered.
Due to the fact that they are both "special arrows" and more advanced than standard arrows, it could be nice to see slowness arrows changed to the same amount of gold as weakness arrows <3

• Unsure
Reactions: Iridinox

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Today in few games of solos eggwars, I was playing normally until I died to someone who had very little PvP skill. The reason they were able to kill me, for the most part, was that they spammed me with slowness arrows and then started to kill me. Since slowness arrows affect the ability to sprint, this makes it so I cannot get a combo on them and they are able to hit me much more easily. If these arrows are so useful, you’d think they were pretty expensive, right?

Wrong. Arrows of slowness cost 2 gold per in Normal and 1 Gold in Overpowered. This price is completely ridiculous as they prevent normal gameplay so much. They are much more overpowered than weakness arrows, because they don’t even let you hit an opponent in the void. Although bows are balanced by costing diamonds, the 8 or 10 diamonds and 20 or so gold for a good slowness arrow spam setup are still severely underpriced.

While I would like to see slowness arrows removed completely or have their price changed to emeralds, since a few people still like them I think they’re probably going to stay in the shop for diamonds or gold. However, they should be made more expensive due to their sheer usefulness and ease of spamming.

Overpowered: Either 10 gold apiece (50 gold for 5), or 1 diamond apiece (16 diamonds for 16).

I think this would balance these arrows out better, and while they are not typically used much in the community it’s still very annoying for someone bad to hit you with one and leave you practically defenseless for 10 seconds due to not being able to sprint. React with an :agree: if you would like this to be changed!
Slowness arrows are annoying at all. I would be happier if they got removed, but I agree with making them more expensive so players can't abuse of them to win fights with 0 skill. Agree :agree:

• Agree

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
I personally don't agree with diamonds being used in order to buy slowness arrows, however I do agree that the pricing should be increased a little more in both normal mode and overpowered.
Due to the fact that they are both "special arrows" and more advanced than standard arrows, it could be nice to see slowness arrows changed to the same amount of gold as weakness arrows <3
Since slowness arrows give such a huge advantage, I felt diamonds would be more accurate as a price. Weakness arrows still allow you to knock an opponent off, or kill them if they’re undergeared; however, slowness arrows make it MUCH harder to hit the opponent, which is comparable to the advantage given by a punch bow, which costs 25 diamonds, and the like. They could still be made to cost gold; however, this could still get quite annoying when a generator is producing 2 gold a second, since you only need 8-10 slowness arrows to easily win a fight.

TheDuda

Novice Member
Jan 31, 2022
Cold Darkness
Pronouns
He/Him
I think slowness arrows should be more expensive, but I disagree with making it cost diamonds in normal.
Sure, they're OP but its not OP to the extend you would need 1 diamond to get only one slowness arrow....
I'd say for normal, 10 gold per and for Overpowered, 5 gold per....

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Oh boy. I'm an archer main, and I can say right away that this is another half-baked suggestion (and I can't believe things like these get approved and sabotage the game). First off, I disagree with increasing the material cost from gold to diamonds. In summary:
  • If someone has enough slowness arrows in reserve, chances are you (or your other opponents outside 1v1 eggwars) allowed the archer to stockpile resources.
  • Even if you change the material cost from gold to diamonds, this still doesn't fix the problem.
    • When a player gets to the point where they get a bow and a generous amount of tipped arrows, they're already set. If they're stacked or are resourceful, it won't matter if you change the rarity (and most people will start with regular arrows anyway while saving the more expensive arrows for those that are stacked).
  • Knowing CubeCraft, if you update one thing in one variation, it'll most likely apply to all the other variations as well.
That problem's on you, not on the game. To fire those arrows, they need a bow. If you allow someone to get a bow, you fully deserve to get shot at.

The root problem is that they managed to get a bow, and that will not be changed since those are part of the game. One way to combat those bows is to build walls or build very high up (preferably behind cover or where they're not likely to shoot you) so that they cannot hit you. If you don't build up, your best chance is to epearl to them. But if you've built high up, you have three options:
  • Bridge to them and then drop.
  • Epearl to them (more accurate since you're almost guaranteed to hit a surface).
  • Your building will force them to reposition or pillar up. That's your chance to return fire if they respond with pillaring up.
Wrong. Arrows of slowness cost 2 gold per in Normal and 1 Gold in Overpowered. This price is completely ridiculous as they prevent normal gameplay so much. They are much more overpowered than weakness arrows, because they don’t even let you hit an opponent in the void. Although bows are balanced by costing diamonds, the 8 or 12 diamonds and 20 or so gold for a good slowness arrow spam setup are still severely underpriced.

2 gold per arrow on normal is a lot if they're rushing for a bow. If they have too many tipped arrows, then you've allowed them to stockpile on gold for too long. Early in the game, 2 gold per arrow is a lot where that could've been invested into 5 regular arrows per 2 gold. The price of 5 slowness arrows is equivalent to that of one chain armor piece or 2 gapples!

• Disagree
Reactions: Fesa and TheDuda

nairraider

Aug 17, 2022
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Personally I believe that different changes could be made to improve slowness arrows. I hear where you're coming from and I totally agree that when you're hit with a slowness arrow you're pretty vulnerable for a full 10 seconds, no matter what gear you have. Rather than change the price though I believe the solution is to change the item itself. Rather than have the slowness last for 10 seconds they should have it last for 3 seconds. That would make them much less powerful. I also believe they should change the price so that the slowness arrows are the same price as the weakness arrows. This would make them a little bit less viable in combat. Personally I think the bows in general are quite annoying because if someone confronts you and you don't have one you'll probably end up having to buy one yourself to compete, however they probably wont remove bows because they're an easy way to deal with skybasers. I do hope something gets implemented to improve slowness arrows and your ideas are a great start.

• Agree

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally I believe that different changes could be made to improve slowness arrows. I hear where you're coming from and I totally agree that when you're hit with a slowness arrow you're pretty vulnerable for a full 10 seconds, no matter what gear you have. Rather than change the price though I believe the solution is to change the item itself. Rather than have the slowness last for 10 seconds they should have it last for 3 seconds. That would make them much less powerful. I also believe they should change the price so that the slowness arrows are the same price as the weakness arrows. This would make them a little bit less viable in combat. Personally I think the bows in general are quite annoying because if someone confronts you and you don't have one you'll probably end up having to buy one yourself to compete, however they probably wont remove bows because they're an easy way to deal with skybasers. I do hope something gets implemented to improve slowness arrows and your ideas are a great start.
I agree with this fully, but is there a way to reduce the duration? As far as I know Minecraft only has two durations, both longer than 10 seconds, and I‘m not sure how easy it would be to mod them to last 3 or 4 seconds.
Oh boy. I'm an archer main, and I can say right away that this is another half-baked suggestion (and I can't believe things like these get approved and sabotage the game). First off, I disagree with increasing the material cost from gold to diamonds. In summary:
  • If someone has enough slowness arrows in reserve, chances are you (or your other opponents outside 1v1 eggwars) allowed the archer to stockpile resources.
  • Even if you change the material cost from gold to diamonds, this still doesn't fix the problem.
    • When a player gets to the point where they get a bow and a generous amount of tipped arrows, they're already set. If they're stacked or are resourceful, it won't matter if you change the rarity (and most people will start with regular arrows anyway while saving the more expensive arrows for those that are stacked).
  • Knowing CubeCraft, if you update one thing in one variation, it'll most likely apply to all the other variations as well.
Though changing gold to diamonds may not be a very well liked idea by some players, I find it much more accurate to the current power of slowness arrows. 10 gold in normal and 5 gold in overpowered would kind of fix that, except if you’ve gotten a level 2 gold generator, or walked by a couple level 3s in middle, chances are you have enough arrows for an easy kill on a good player. After all, they do have a 15 second duration, making spamming very viable.
That problem's on you, not on the game. To fire those arrows, they need a bow. If you allow someone to get a bow, you fully deserve to get shot at.

The root problem is that they managed to get a bow, and that will not be changed since those are part of the game. One way to combat those bows is to build walls or build very high up (preferably behind cover or where they're not likely to shoot you) so that they cannot hit you. If you don't build up, your best chance is to epearl to them. But if you've built high up, you have three options:
  • Bridge to them and then drop.
  • Epearl to them (more accurate since you're almost guaranteed to hit a surface).
  • Your building will force them to reposition or pillar up. That's your chance to return fire if they respond with pillaring up.

2 gold per arrow on normal is a lot if they're rushing for a bow. If they have too many tipped arrows, then you've allowed them to stockpile on gold for too long. Early in the game, 2 gold per arrow is a lot where that could've been invested into 5 regular arrows per 2 gold. The price of 5 slowness arrows is equivalent to that of one chain armor piece or 2 gapples!
I never said anything about them camping the island and not letting me cross; typically these people have absolutely no aim and can’t snipe me off a jump bridge a few blocks in the air. What I’m talking about is how, once we are on the island, I begin to get a combo, they misfire a few times, and then they finally hit me, which gives me slowness. Now they’re free to hit me as much as they want during that time period since I’m basically immobilized, which is incredibly unfair.

The issue with your final argument, is that 5 slowness arrows, if you have a bow, is crazy overpowered compared to gapples or chainmail armor. 5 arrows means typically the opponent will hit you, and from that point on they have 15 seconds of free hits to look forward too (unless they’re really bad and let you walk towards them or keep bowspamming). 15 seconds tends to be plenty time to combo someone in the void, which makes kills too easy, though I agree with what @nairraider said about decreasing the duration instead of the price.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I agree with this fully, but is there a way to reduce the duration? As far as I know Minecraft only has two durations, both longer than 10 seconds, and I‘m not sure how easy it would be to mod them to last 3 or 4 seconds.
CubeCraft implemented a custom duration for speed 2 potions (30 seconds instead of the default 90 seconds) on FFA's wizard kit. Changing the duration is indeed possible.
Though changing gold to diamonds may not be a very well liked idea by some players, I find it much more accurate to the current power of slowness arrows. 10 gold in normal and 5 gold in overpowered would kind of fix that, except if you’ve gotten a level 2 gold generator, or walked by a couple level 3s in middle, chances are you have enough arrows for an easy kill on a good player. After all, they do have a 15 second duration, making spamming very viable.
You found yet another problem currently: too many resources are available at mid by the time the player gets there. At that point, if they stockpiled enough, all they need to do is return home for a full stack of equipment. I agree with lowering the generator levels, but that's another topic. Hypixel did a good example for the early game where resources at mid are not plentiful, forcing mid rushers to invest more time into gathering at mid (in turn costing them other opportunities at attacking other bases or leaving their base with fewer defenders).

Once you hit a target with your slowness arrow, you count 15 seconds before firing another. You don't need to spam the arrows when the target is debuffed.

I never said anything about them camping the island and not letting me cross; typically these people have absolutely no aim and can’t snipe me off a jump bridge a few blocks in the air. What I’m talking about is how, once we are on the island, I begin to get a combo, they misfire a few times, and then they finally hit me, which gives me slowness. Now they’re free to hit me as much as they want during that time period since I’m basically immobilized, which is incredibly unfair.

The issue with your final argument, is that 5 slowness arrows, if you have a bow, is crazy overpowered compared to gapples or chainmail armor. 5 arrows means typically the opponent will hit you, and from that point on they have 15 seconds of free hits to look forward too (unless they’re really bad and let you walk towards them or keep bowspamming). 15 seconds tends to be plenty time to combo someone in the void, which makes kills too easy, though I agree with what @nairraider said about decreasing the duration instead of the price.
True, you didn't, but getting a bow means map control. As for the combo:
  • Can you position yourself so that your combo will knock them into the void?
    • If they're bow spamming, they're going to be immobile. Unless you moved into their trajectory, you should have more mobility over them.
  • If you get hit by slowness, can you build walls in front of you to help close the distance or behind you to prevent yourself from falling off? Can you reposition yourself so that their hits will knock you into a wall instead of into the void?
  • As stated, the core problem is that they got a bow and stockpiled resources. If they're allowed to get that early on, then they were given too many opportunities to safely go to mid (even a quick run to mid is enough time). However, obtaining those items very early means they have to trade something else; for example, getting a bow early means delayed iron armor or diamond sword.
Now for the arrows:
  • Unless I am wrong, only Java has a hotkey to quickly swap arrows using the offhand. Bedrock requires managing arrows using the inventory as there's no hotkey to swap arrows into the offhand.
    • If that's the case on Bedrock, then the shooter has to open the inventory and swap to regular arrows to conserve slowness arrows. That's a couple seconds of time where he's unable to do anything else.
  • How far is the opponent from you? The farther he is when you're hit by slowness, the less value he gets out of the arrow.

nairraider

Aug 17, 2022
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
As for the combo:
  • Can you position yourself so that your combo will knock them into the void?
    • If they're bow spamming, they're going to be immobile. Unless you moved into their trajectory, you should have more mobility over them.
  • If you get hit by slowness, can you build walls in front of you to help close the distance or behind you to prevent yourself from falling off? Can you reposition yourself so that their hits will knock you into a wall instead of into the void?
  • As stated, the core problem is that they got a bow and stockpiled resources. If they're allowed to get that early on, then they were given too many opportunities to safely go to mid (even a quick run to mid is enough time). However, obtaining those items very early means they have to trade something else; for example, getting a bow early means delayed iron armor or diamond sword.
Now for the arrows:
  • Unless I am wrong, only Java has a hotkey to quickly swap arrows using the offhand. Bedrock requires managing arrows using the inventory as there's no hotkey to swap arrows into the offhand.
    • If that's the case on Bedrock, then the shooter has to open the inventory and swap to regular arrows to conserve slowness arrows. That's a couple seconds of time where he's unable to do anything else.
  • How far is the opponent from you? The farther he is when you're hit by slowness, the less value he gets out of the arrow.
I disagree with you on this front. For starters, bow spammers are immobile, however if you aren't in their vision they will likely move away from you and continue to spam when you attempt to push up to them. If you do get hit by slowness you're pretty much fucked whether or not you can build walls, they can really easily break your walls with a pickaxe and run circles around you while you try to place more. You're also saying that they were "allowed" to get the resources for a bow that early on. On maps like sun and cranes you can literally go with the builder kit and have enough blocks to get to mid. I'm pretty sure this applies to the majority of maps. You went on to mention that buying a bow early means they have to trade it for iron armor or a diamond sword but if they have a bow they don't really need either of those things, since they can keep distance.

Moving on to your response on arrows, yes java doesn't have a hotkey but it takes maybe a second to move a full stack of 64 slowness arrows into the offhand. They don't need to use normal arrows since slowness arrows are so cheap and so much more powerful. If they wanted to bowspam then they just don't move the slowness arrows in the first place and keep distance. Realistically diamond generators have to be nerfed and slowness arrows need a price increase to the same as weakness arrows for them to be balanced.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom