Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
In Java you have to time your hits, which will mostly result in your armour breaking not so fast.

In Bedrock it does break really fast. I initially wanted to change this, but I do think it’s a great side effect, to make games less short.

Where it really irritates me, its the weapon selection. In Java an enchanted wooden sword or stone sword has the same durability as in Bedrock. However, in bedrock it really becomes a problem because they break really fast. This has resulted to me being without sword several times.

This might seem like to add another layer of weapon management. However, I think that’d be too complicated and annoying, especially for a younger playerbase, which Bedrock has. Besides, it will mostly lead into the player being without weapon just running away. Increasing the duration of the game.

Therefore I’d like to see durability 1 or 2 added to the enchanted wooden and stone swords in Eggwars. To increase their durability.

Lemme know what you think!

vasui

Novice Member
May 25, 2020
Sweden
I can really relate to this. When you’re in a fight with a pickaxe/sword it takes like 30 hits and it’s broken! I would really like to see an increase of durability on pickaxes and swords.

Reactions: Komodо

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Strange feature of them breaking fast? Yes. Do I want it changed? No.

Wooden swords are cheap enough that you can buy multiple by the time one breaks, and stone swords or better won’t break fast at all.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
In Java you have to time your hits, which will mostly result in your armour breaking not so fast.

In Bedrock it does break really fast. I initially wanted to change this, but I do think it’s a great side effect, to make games less short.

Where it really irritates me, its the weapon selection. In Java an enchanted wooden sword or stone sword has the same durability as in Bedrock. However, in bedrock it really becomes a problem because they break really fast. This has resulted to me being without sword several times.

This might seem like to add another layer of weapon management. However, I think that’d be too complicated and annoying, especially for a younger playerbase, which Bedrock has. Besides, it will mostly lead into the player being without weapon just running away. Increasing the duration of the game.

Therefore I’d like to see durability 1 or 2 added to the enchanted wooden and stone swords in Eggwars. To increase their durability.

Lemme know what you think!
They should use the bedrock mechanics for dealing damage rather than java 1.12.2, yes I agree.
But aoverall adjusting all durability and damagte of all items no.

For example, Criticals should only deal 1 damage to armor, just as it does in bedrock. In a pvp system that already favors CPS there should not be a way to crack down armor faster for hitting a critical. In Java post 1.9 where PvP is slower THIS MAKES A LOT of sense, due to shields and a swing delay(for damage). You don't really get combo locked in the air because of those PvP physics but in bedrock and 1.8 you do. Armor duarbilty shouldn;t decrease the more crits you get

Reactions: Iridinox

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
Why not make them unbreakable? Looks way cleaner anyways when there wont appear a durability bar.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
🤍
Matriox wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Beans
1714941476189.png

Did I do this right?
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
Top Bottom