Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
After joining the Discord server yesterday, to ask a question, I noticed that between 3 am and 7 am British Standard Time, there was a lack of helpers or staff around to answer questions. 4 hours between a response isn't really that great for such a large partnered Minecraft network and could use some more improvements. I know that CubeCraft is a UK based company, so it is likely that everyone was asleep, but I feel like there still should have been members of other timezones online.

It would be great to see the staff team and helpers from across the world get more engaged and involved within the Discord staff-help channel. I understand that there are multiple questions asked that can only be answered by a certain person in particular, but most questions, in general, should be easily answered by helpers or moderators that are available. Therefore I have thought of the upcoming ideas to help improve Discord support/help for the network.

These suggestions would also put less stress on members of the volunteer team, as I have noticed that with the lack of responses it means certain staff and volunteers are going above and beyond to help improve community support, responding to questions hours after they have been posted.
FZfHgf4u6g.png

• Quarterly (or half a year) Volunteer-Questionaire
Every 4 months or 6 months, release a questionnaire to members of the Helper and Moderator teams with some basic questions that might have been asked by members of the community during the last 4-6 months. Questions from the community might be used in these questionnaires to improve volunteer knowledge and responses.

• Timezone Consideration
This is something that I know CubeCraft is also taking into consideration at this time, with Helper applications being open. Although during the Helper application being accepted/processed timezones should be taken into consideration, based on the number of volunteers from certain areas across the world. This would help to balance the number of volunteers ready and available to respond to any questions that guests might have through the staff-help channel on Discord.

While timezones are something required to be mentioned as part of the Helper application, one thing I have noticed is the volunteer and staff team is more UK and EU based, rather than the United States, which makes for delayed responses for any players over that side of the world, because there are not enough staff or volunteers online.

• Monthly (or yearly) Volunteer Meetings
I'm not a member of the Cubecraft Network team, so this might already be something that is in place. But the lead member of staff should get into a voice call with available volunteers of the team at a time best for the maximum amount of members to attend. The volunteer team would be able to share feedback on any questions they might have been stuck with from guests, and how to respond to them. During this time, volunteers would also be able to share any feedback from other areas of the network such as the Minecraft server itself.

Thanks for taking a look at my ideas to help improve community support on the Discord server. If anyone has any questions or feedback about these suggestions feel free to start a conversation with me or reply.

Last edited:

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
While I certainly think and agree that CubeCraft should have at least a fair amount of staff who are online during European night-time, it is really difficult to find a really good and worthy Asian or American staff member 1 2 3. Good and worthy staff members are hard to find in general. Not to mention the whole process of the application; The waiting, interview, etc.

Lots of people apply, and I’m sure lots and lots of them are also from Asia and America. Then again, it is really difficult to actually find staff members who meet the requirements broadly expectational, and are worthy of receiving the staff rank. CubeCraft is surely looking for staff from different continents, but it’s difficult to find good staff if they aren’t even there. They shouldn’t suddenly accept less qualified people just because they need American or Asian staff. If they’re not qualified, then they’re just not qualified.

You may or may not be aware of the fact that we, Helpers, are being trained during our time of owning that role/rank. A part of this training consists out of situations where we are confronted with questions players might have and need to answer them.

Like I said before, CubeCraft should not take timezones in consideration as much. If a person is qualified, then they are. If a person is not, then they aren’t. Where you’re from shouldn’t be a factor of more chance of acceptance.

It is no secret that we have contact with each other within the staff team. Any questions which we don’t know how to respond to can be asked within there and a person who does happen to know the answer will tell it, so that we can answer. Therefore, there is no need to have a specific meeting just for those kind of questions, since the entire team is always willing to help without having to be in a call.

Last edited by a moderator:

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
After joining the Discord server yesterday, to ask a question, I noticed that between 3 am and 7 am British Standard Time, there was a lack of helpers or staff around to answer questions. 4 hours between a response isn't really that great for such a large partnered Minecraft network and could use some more improvements. I know that CubeCraft is a UK based company, so it is likely that everyone was asleep, but I feel like there still should have been members of other timezones online.

It would be great to see the staff team and helpers from across the world get more engaged and involved within the Discord staff-help channel. I understand that there are multiple questions asked that can only be answered by a certain person in particular, but most questions, in general, should be easily answered by helpers or moderators that are available. Therefore I have thought of the upcoming ideas to help improve Discord support/help for the network.

These suggestions would also put less stress on members of the volunteer team, as I have noticed that with the lack of responses it means certain staff and volunteers are going above and beyond to help improve community support, responding to questions hours after they have been posted.
View attachment 164038

• Quarterly (or half a year) Volunteer-Questionaire
Every 4 months or 6 months, release a questionnaire to members of the Helper and Moderator teams with some basic questions that might have been asked by members of the community during the last 4-6 months. Questions from the community might be used in these questionnaires to improve volunteer knowledge and responses.

• Timezone Consideration
This is something that I know CubeCraft is also taking into consideration at this time, with Helper applications being open. Although during the Helper application being accepted/processed timezones should be taken into consideration, based on the number of volunteers from certain areas across the world. This would help to balance the number of volunteers ready and available to respond to any questions that guests might have through the staff-help channel on Discord.

While timezones are something required to be mentioned as part of the Helper application, one thing I have noticed is the volunteer and staff team is more UK and EU based, rather than the United States, which makes for delayed responses for any players over that side of the world, because there are not enough staff or volunteers online.

• Monthly (or yearly) Volunteer Meetings
I'm not a member of the Cubecraft Network team, so this might already be something that is in place. But the lead member of staff should get into a voice call with available volunteers of the team at a time best for the maximum amount of members to attend. The volunteer team would be able to share feedback on any questions they might have been stuck with from guests, and how to respond to them. During this time, volunteers would also be able to share any feedback from other areas of the network such as the Minecraft server itself.

Thanks for taking a look at my ideas to help improve community support on the Discord server. If anyone has any questions or feedback about these suggestions feel free to start a conversation with me or reply.
Hello! Be rest assured that the recruitment team is working hard to hire promising helper material 24/7! The management team is small as it is and still does an amazing job answering questions in staff help. If you feel you could help the server out, you can actually apply for helper HERE!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoshi

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Also, as you are not a staff member yourself, I don't think it's appropriate you suggest these kind of internal changes.
I understand that you may think this, but I too have also had a lot of previous server experience and throughout my experience, I have noticed areas within multiple networks that could use improvements. As I said, while I am not CubeCraft staff, I am not fully aware of what goes on in the internal side of the network, so my suggestions might not be relevant.

Still, suggestions from players (guests) shouldn't be shot down by thinking they are not appropriate, it is valuable server feedback that should be collected and passed onto a higher member of the Human Resources team. When passing on a response like this you could say "Hi there, thanks for your response on how we could improve the network, I have forwarded on your feedback to our senior team." I understand that you are still in training, so you might not have known how to structure a reply like this. I am not trying to question your skills as a helper, I am just making a point.

The reason I pointed out this feedback is that I thought it would be the right thing to do, and making suggestions about the internal side of a server network isn't a crime for a regular guest/player. If this was something I shouldn't have done, it would have shown in the CubeCraft Terms of Service located at https://www.cubecraft.net/rules/ or at https://digitaltreemedia.co.uk/terms.pdf

D

Deleted member 59979

I'm not going to comment on the internal stuff because I've got not enough experience on that stuff, but they're boosting staff numbers much more recently
which has involved multiple more american staff members and should continue to get more US/AUS/Asia based staff over the next few months. For example, TheBrownster, TyFoxy and N00bYeeter are all US based staff who were hired less than a month ago and they should all be mods very shortly which will definitely help but there's not much more they can do in terms of getting more staff from less active timezones as they can't compromise on the quality of staff purely so that they can cover more time.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
his is something that I know CubeCraft is also taking into consideration at this time, with Helper applications being open. Although during the Helper application being accepted/processed timezones should be taken into consideration, based on the number of volunteers from certain areas across the world.
I'm not going to comment on the internal stuff because I've got not enough experience on that stuff, but they're boosting staff numbers much more recently
which has involved multiple more american staff members and should continue to get more US/AUS/Asia based staff over the next few months. For example, TheBrownster, TyFoxy and N00bYeeter are all US based staff who were hired less than a month ago and they should all be mods very shortly which will definitely help but there's not much more they can do in terms of getting more staff from less active timezones as they can't compromise on the quality of staff purely so that they can cover more time.
When I mentioned about timezones in my post, I didn't mean to say that they should stop hiring anyone from the EU who might still be worthy of becoming a Helper, and that applications should close. :) Anyways, at my request (a guest request which is allowed as long as it is their own posts) can we please remove the messages before this that are not based on the topic of the thread? I know that with Xenforo (the forum platform) Moderators will still be able to see the edited action of the deleted message, and still be able to read it. I'm just trying to keep the thread on the topic rather than it becoming more of an argument.

Last edited:
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom