Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think CubeCraft Bedrock should have better knockback?

• Yes, I think CubeCraft should have better knockback.

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • No (give a reason)

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
well, i mean, critting is a boring way to pvp imo. if you're trying to crit sometimes against a good player, then you're just going to let the other player get an extra hit due to the enemy being able to hit your feet easier than the person who is in the air trying to crit.
Now, this where my pvp knowledge gets nerdy,
Critting does a larger amount of damage, it has the same cooldown as normal hits, so you could hit them an equal amount as they can hit you but not all of your hits would be crits or that wouldn't be the same amount. Fact: if you are one block lower than the other person then you can launch them back further than they can to you so can get more hits in.
But you can decide when to crit or not.

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
Now, this where my pvp knowledge gets nerdy,
Critting does a larger amount of damage, it has the same cooldown as normal hits, so you could hit them an equal amount as they can hit you but not all of your hits would be crits or that wouldn't be the same amount. Fact: if you are one block lower than the other person then you can launch them back further than they can to you so can get more hits in.
But you can decide when to crit or not.
you can crit sometimes, and sometimes the enemy wont expect it. but if you do it too much, the enemy will know your pvp pattern and you'll just let the enemy get an extra hit. according to the poll so far, people want better knockback.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
im mainly making this post because duels is coming soon and the current kb isnt the best for duels
Yea maybe they should have a separate knockback for duels

or they could have different knockback exclusive to duels so the people who like the current kb can have it in skywars and eggwars?
Oh wait u already said that

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 486292

Yes but you were saying it like 'knockback is the only way to pvp' when it's not.
'Combos last 2 hits' well, no it's not that I count but sometimes I just forcibly push people into the void from the middle of an island.
honestly I have no idea what youre talking about when you say the majority of people are content with vanilla. If many servers change knockback, what does that say about vanilla KB? It means that they DONT LIKE IT.

" 'People trading hits' - do you need a defenition of pvp, the pvp system Is amazing and doesn't need changing."
That is a pretty bold claim given the fact that the competitive community resents cubecraft and praises hive for its knockback.

There is a massive following for hive pvp and in every "montage" on the network happens to feature something reliant on how the server calculates knocckback. And guess what, cubecraft has no following in that regard because the knockback flat-out sucks.

The bottom line is that knockback on cubecraft has come into question several occasions and I think the principle of that alone speaks for itself. Clearly there is a group of people who dislike it, and as far as I'm concerned the rest of the community hasnt said anything positive about it.

The knockback on the server is laggy, jittery, and unpredictable and you call that "vanilla" as if its a good thing. Almost nobody wants these qualities in knockback!

You also reference the java server, but the java 1.8 server knockback is drastically different compared to cubecraft bedrock, so that argument makes no sense. Or if you were talking about the 1.9 server, its not comparable because the combat systems are different.

All in all, your central claim that "vanilla is the best because its vanilla" doesnt really click with me. I think your version of vanilla PVP is a heavily skewed way of the server experience, which 99% of players who regularly pvp are familiar with. Every single person I have talked to in the bedrock PVP community resents world PVP mainly because of its knockback. And cubecraft is essentially the same as world PVP right now.

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
honestly I have no idea what youre talking about when you say the majority of people are content with vanilla. If many servers change knockback, what does that say about vanilla KB? It means that they DONT LIKE IT.

" 'People trading hits' - do you need a defenition of pvp, the pvp system Is amazing and doesn't need changing."
That is a pretty bold claim given the fact that the competitive community resents cubecraft and praises hive for its knockback.

There is a massive following for hive pvp and in every "montage" on the network happens to feature something reliant on how the server calculates knocckback. And guess what, cubecraft has no following in that regard because the knockback flat-out sucks.

The bottom line is that knockback on cubecraft has come into question several occasions and I think the principle of that alone speaks for itself. Clearly there is a group of people who dislike it, and as far as I'm concerned the rest of the community hasnt said anything positive about it.

The knockback on the server is laggy, jittery, and unpredictable and you call that "vanilla" as if its a good thing. Almost nobody wants these qualities in knockback!

You also reference the java server, but the java 1.8 server knockback is drastically different compared to cubecraft bedrock, so that argument makes no sense. Or if you were talking about the 1.9 server, its not comparable because the combat systems are different.

All in all, your central claim that "vanilla is the best because its vanilla" doesnt really click with me. I think your version of vanilla PVP is a heavily skewed way of the server experience, which 99% of players who regularly pvp are familiar with. Every single person I have talked to in the bedrock PVP community resents world PVP mainly because of its knockback. And cubecraft is essentially the same as world PVP right now.
thanks for being someone with a high iq.

• Sad
Reactions: Conea64

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020

That’s kind of true

D

Deleted member 554749

If you mean changing it to have a tremendous amount of upwards knockback, then i heavily disagree with changing this. Knockback is fine the way it is now.

Ok calm yourself with the upwards downwards sideways kB. I’m just saying that the KB could be improved upon.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020

1. cubecraft doesn't have server regions, so their kb largely depends on ping, and there's not much they can do about it.
2. Not too hard to use the kb to your advantage
3. You guys talk about combos like they're impossible, but you can get up to 10 hits(as far as I know) with combos.
4. Servers don't speak for the players, that's why there are forums
(Too lazy to write everything at once, I'll edit this throughout the week or so)

D

Deleted member 486292

1. cubecraft doesn't have server regions, so their kb largely depends on ping, and there's not much they can do about it.
2. Not too hard to use the kb to your advantage
3. You guys talk about combos like they're impossible, but you can get up to 10 hits(as far as I know) with combos.
4. Servers don't speak for the players, that's why there are forums
(Too lazy to write everything at once, I'll edit this throughout the week or so)
if you dont want to give a full response, then you're better off writing it another time.

1) youre right that KB is affected by ping, but not to the extent that you make it out to be. Even low ping players (such as the person who created this thread, who lives in the UK) find it to be an issue.

2) Okay? How could I use a glitchy and unpredictable system to my advantage? In any case, the fact that you would suggest benefitting from a flawed kb calculator suggests that there is a bigger problem
3) combos really are impossible if both players have proper aim. They dont go back far enough, or everything is randomized as stated before
4) I dont understand

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
if you dont want to give a full response, then you're better off writing it another time.

1) youre right that KB is affected by ping, but not to the extent that you make it out to be. Even low ping players (such as the person who created this thread, who lives in the UK) find it to be an issue.

2) Okay? How could I use a glitchy and unpredictable system to my advantage? In any case, the fact that you would suggest benefitting from a flawed kb calculator suggests that there is a bigger problem
3) combos really are impossible if both players have proper aim. They dont go back far enough, or everything is randomized as stated before
4) I dont understand
1)I don't really get this but, I find it funny when someone with 200 ping goes flying across the map because I have got lots 0f hits on them.(woo uk)
2) I think you could but you have to learn it but only certain people can so it's ok.
3) fair enough
4)I think he meant the purpose of the places like this is to discuss topical issues like this.

Oct 8, 2020
Canada
Knockback is perfect the way it is. It is designed to knock you off something which it already perfectly does right now and very easily you might add. Watch out for those arrows haha

Oct 8, 2020
Canada
I personally think this server needs better knockback. Perhaps one where you could get greater combos and wtapping is useful?
Think knockback is perfect the way it is but I do agree with you that improvements could be made in other instances such as levels where knockback not as effective maybe different arrow selection to give it more of a kick increasing strategy on when to use the bow or not. People do seem to reload and shoot again on knockback bow should take more time considering how effective it is on shooting you into the void as easily as it does or holding players back from attacking. Just take the power bow out what's the point of it anyway just add it to the damage the knockback bow does. Definitely increase the number of diamonds it takes to purchase a bow including the arrows if not the bow itself. I am relatively new at this game but got a few days worth of playing experience and 100 wins between all game modes on the egg wars server so I do know a little about what people are trying to say a lot of the time, especially during gameplay. Everyone wants to know whats the point of the power bow haha. Thanks for posting the original issue and starting the debate on this curious to hear what people think its always best to get a majority opinion on these things when making drastic game changes in the first place.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
Top Bottom