Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which of these features would you like to see?

• Tab autocompletion support

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Friend respond command

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friend commands documentation to help

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
The friend message command, of which the syntax is /fmsg <friend_name> <msg> is without any doubt one of my most used commands. Its power is the ability to communicate with friends, be it in the same game, be it in different games, lobbies or even different game types. Although the core functionality works great, I think there's quite some space for improvement, which I think could really benefit user experience of this command. I've put together this list of three things, which I think are most important.

Add tab autocompletion support
I would love to see tab autocompletion support for the friend message command, which would return a list of friends that are online as an option, case-unsensitive. Let's imagine a scenario where you have two friends that are online: John and Thomas. If you were to send Thomas a message, that would be as simple as:

/fmsg t
/fmsg Thomas <msg>

This would be just like the /tell command, which does support tab autocompletion.

Add friend respond command
Although the autocompletion support would already make a difference as for the user's efficiency when telling his friend, Thomas, where to meet for the next SkyWars game, this could get even faster! ;-)

I would really like to see a command to respond to the latest person from who you received a message. This way, you wouldn't even need to type the first character of your friends name when sending him a message. Let's build up on our previous example with you and your two friends, John and Thomas. After you sent Thomas a message, he could respond to you with:

/fr <msg>

The abbreviation stands for Friend Respond and this /fr command would be to /fmsg what /r is to /tell.

EDIT
It turns out that this command already exists! Thanks, @Buuuddy ! However, it's not listed under /[friend | f] help. I think it'd be nice to add it.

Add documentation to help command
The first place to learn about commands has always been the /help command, which currently only lists /tell, /lobby and /leave. I would like to see /[friend | f] help added to the general help, so that new players can learn about friend commands faster.

I had a hard time myself figuring out how to add or remove friends, sending them messages and seeing requests, because I had no idea about /friend help.

I am anxious to know your thoughts about this!

- Tomasito

Last edited:

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Add tab autocompletion support
I would definitely like to see this as a feature. Multiple friends of mine have very weird, long, or confusing names, causing me to take very long before I can actually send a message. :)
Add friend respond command
Surprise! This is already a feature!
Though, you first have to send a message using '/fmsg' in order to use '/fr'.
Add documentation to help command
Even though you can view all the commands when typing '/f' or '/f help', it would be way more user-friendly if these commands (or just '/f help') would be mentioned when using '/help'.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
This is an amazing idea! I will love to see both but I think the "Add tab autocompletion support" will be very useful for me because I have a friend with a long name so it is hard to send them an msg sometime.For "Add documentation to help command" I will love it when I have to quick response, for example when I am fighting on a game, it will be very easy to give them a quick response.

Reactions: Tomasito
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳