Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
I think one way to improve Giants in Tower Defense is to give them an AI that allows them to jump over AOE potion platforms. Why? Because a lot of times people can just kill the Giants by throwing the inexpensive Inferno AOE potions. Another way is to give them an increase in health. All you have to do to kill Giants is to place a bunch of Lvl4 archer towers (whether it's top or bottom path) or lvl4 bottom path sorcerer towers. For these reasons, I have never seen a Giant make it to the tower.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
as mentioned in posts before, there was the community talk in the cubecraft discord and this was one of the things about mob balancing. would really recommend reading trough it and looking trough the smaller details :) but 100% agree, giants are worthless!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I've thought of possible solutions and came up with one in the past, here's my comment about giants on TD needs your suggestions:
  • The Giant should also be buffed. It is extremely expensive and it should be the 'strongest troop', and yes, it has the most HP and deals the most damage, but if you have a decent defense (think about a lot of Sorcerers, some rows of Archers and TNT towers, etc.), this mob will never reach your castle, if not maxed out, which is almost impossible. The giant should be a little faster, it should not have more HP and it should not deal extra damage, but since it's very underpowered for such a high price, it should be buffed in some way. And I thought of a way on how to buff this huge zombie! Every tower should deal less damage to a Giant, so its HP wouldn't be affected, but it would be a lot stronger. The zombies it spawns after its death should also become stronger. Maybe you could add more HP and speed to the zombies so that they aren't completely useless. Conclusion: Endgames take too much time and Giants should be the deciders of the game, and currently, that's certainly not the case.

Reactions: Vindicatør

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I've thought of possible solutions and came up with one in the past, here's my comment about giants on TD needs your suggestions:
  • The Giant should also be buffed. It is extremely expensive and it should be the 'strongest troop', and yes, it has the most HP and deals the most damage, but if you have a decent defense (think about a lot of Sorcerers, some rows of Archers and TNT towers, etc.), this mob will never reach your castle, if not maxed out, which is almost impossible. The giant should be a little faster, it should not have more HP and it should not deal extra damage, but since it's very underpowered for such a high price, it should be buffed in some way. And I thought of a way on how to buff this huge zombie! Every tower should deal less damage to a Giant, so its HP wouldn't be affected, but it would be a lot stronger. The zombies it spawns after its death should also become stronger. Maybe you could add more HP and speed to the zombies so that they aren't completely useless. Conclusion: Endgames take too much time and Giants should be the deciders of the game, and currently, that's certainly not the case.
i'd also say fix it so inferno potions arent OP anymore, right now they're the best way to stop most attacks early game and against the giants. the regen ability of the giant is useless in my opinion, it could be a bit stronger

Reactions: henryk and remio

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
I completely agree wit InkAsriel & RemRemTheSheepeyy.

Giants overall is pretty weak they dont really have any resistances by the time that one is most likely is due to come around, basically due to the meta (in my opinion) of tower placements, Archer, Zeus, and Sorcerer. When those towers are on the correct path (Explosive Arrows, Mini Zeus', and Multiple Animals) the giant just gets shredded like paper in a shredder. Even when maxed out, and with support like Magma Cubes, the giant tends to go down first, and the Zombies that it drops after death, isnt worth it at all, because usually those just appear for like a few frames on a 500+ FPS computer (that should show how quickly the towers can clean up the normal zombies when a giant dies) It is also obvious when a giant is close to death because it gets a massive speed boost, but as said before, its rarely helpful.

On the other hand, Infernal AoE potions are wicked strong, for their price, they can wipe out or do serious damage to mobs, which doesnt make sense to me where the Zeus AoE and Meteor AoE are more expensive, and does less DPS over all, and towers like Archers, Turrets, and Guards (at the end) can deflect the Meteors that comes down, lowing that DPS even more, sometimes if in a massive area with a bunch of said towers, the cash you spend on it becomes worthless because you spent like 800 Credits to do no damage, and have a potion cool down
(The Meteor experience is observation based, and can be wrong)

Infernal AoE potions are the way to go, and if you dont use them, and use the 2 other damaging potions, you're wasting your time and cash.

Thats my two cents on it, TL:DR, Buff Giants, Nerf Infernal AoE potions

Reactions: remio and InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I completely agree wit InkAsriel & RemRemTheSheepeyy.

Giants overall is pretty weak they dont really have any resistances by the time that one is most likely is due to come around, basically due to the meta (in my opinion) of tower placements, Archer, Zeus, and Sorcerer. When those towers are on the correct path (Explosive Arrows, Mini Zeus', and Multiple Animals) the giant just gets shredded like paper in a shredder. Even when maxed out, and with support like Magma Cubes, the giant tends to go down first, and the Zombies that it drops after death, isnt worth it at all, because usually those just appear for like a few frames on a 500+ FPS computer (that should show how quickly the towers can clean up the normal zombies when a giant dies) It is also obvious when a giant is close to death because it gets a massive speed boost, but as said before, its rarely helpful.

On the other hand, Infernal AoE potions are wicked strong, for their price, they can wipe out or do serious damage to mobs, which doesnt make sense to me where the Zeus AoE and Meteor AoE are more expensive, and does less DPS over all, and towers like Archers, Turrets, and Guards (at the end) can deflect the Meteors that comes down, lowing that DPS even more, sometimes if in a massive area with a bunch of said towers, the cash you spend on it becomes worthless because you spent like 800 Credits to do no damage, and have a potion cool down
(The Meteor experience is observation based, and can be wrong)

Infernal AoE potions are the way to go, and if you dont use them, and use the 2 other damaging potions, you're wasting your time and cash.

Thats my two cents on it, TL:DR, Buff Giants, Nerf Infernal AoE potions
the only time i use meteor is against fire proof mobs, but in general its as you said, quite useless compared to the price! they should rework all of the potions to balance them more and fix things like projectiles getting shot away. the zombies a giant drop are nothing but extra chance of getting power-ups, so in the end you might even boost your enemy with it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom