Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
The other thread that reported crashes had the same Exception message. (This post here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/stop-those-random-crashing.204163/#post-965051)

Here comes some speculation. If you don't like speculation, troubleshooting, or programming, then you probably won't want to read the rest of this post as it may leave you posting a negative comment as a response.

I'm rather shocked by the Exception in particular. The very core of the Exception seems to be rather bizarre. It says (on line 7 of Ph0enix_Flight's pastebin report) java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer, which isn't something (casting a boolean to an integer) that I would think a Java programmer would do often. While the Exception message seems clear enough to me, I have no idea what kind of file zp.di is in the slightest, let alone what line 214 says. I suspect that the line where someone's trying to cast a boolean as an integer is line 214 of that file, as it's the line at the top of the stack trace in the pastebin report. If it's one of Mojang's files, then I'm not sure that you can do anything about it. If it's one of Cubecraft's files, then I'd look at that line. I don't know all of the contents of those files, or any details about what they do, so my insight is rather limited. My speculation/reasoning is based on my programming experiences.

On another note, if the programmer has programmed in another language like Ruby, then that might explain why the programmer tried to cast the boolean as an integer. In languages like Ruby, you're allowed to treat integers, strings, and other data-types as booleans. If the programmer that wrote the file isn't familiar with a language like Ruby, then I'm not sure why they tried to cast the boolean as an integer. I don't imagine that it's common practice for Java programmers to write code that converts booleans to integers.

Here's a very simple example (for Java programmers that aren't familiar with Ruby or languages like it) of treating an integer as a boolean in Ruby:
  1. if 1
  2. [indentation mark goes here] puts "if statement's conditional expression evaluated to True"
When the code above is executed, we should see an output (on a terminal or elsewhere) reading "if statement's conditional expression evaluated to True" because 1 is treated as True in Ruby. In Java, 1 isn't treated as True. You also can't treat 1 as True or treat True as 1 implicitly or explicitly by casting in Java, but you could write code to do the conversion if you really needed to.

Thanks for reading.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
@ymbmg it's caused by an unsupported change in the network protocol, presumably that happened between 1.10 and 1.11. The trouble comes in finding a dev versed in network stuffs with sufficient time to track down the unsupported change.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
If it's a change in the network protocol between Minecraft client versions, then updating the game for 1.11+ users might cause the 1.10 users to crash. I wonder if backwards compatibility would be an issue if you fixed it. Networking and concurrent programming are the branches of computer science that I don't have much experience in.

- _ - -_-

Mar 5, 2018
I finally got /registerreports working and reported this same bug with multiple crash reports. Here's part of one:

https://pastebin.com/66RqMXrF

They all have the same entity being ticked (creeper)

Interestingly the source file name changed since May, but the source line has not.

-- Head --
Thread: Client thread
Stacktrace:
at acs.dm(SourceFile:214)
at acs.B_(SourceFile:148)
at amu.a(SourceFile:1524)
at amu.h(SourceFile:1500)
The original pastebin crash report had this info from May:

Time: 5/14/18 12:56 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
at zp.di(SourceFile:214)
at zp.A_(SourceFile:148)​

So zp.di was renamed to acs.dm but the original bug is still there. :)

(Edit: Apologies for the necropost-- I forgot that it was against the rules here until I saw it mentioned in another thread. I will not do this again.)

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom