Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
I'm sure this has already been suggested, and of course I have already told this to staff, blah blah blah, but I want to put it on here.

The server needs /ignore commands!

It doesn't have to be complicated. Three commands would be sufficient:
/ignore (player name)
/unignore (player name)
/ignore list (numbered pages if needed; ex. 1,2,3...)
Maybe even a /ignore help for those strugglers out there.

I have never been someone to ignore someone wanting an argument or trolling, but as the years have gone by on this block game and others that are very susceptible to trolling, not many chat filters, etc., it gets to a point where I don't care what some crusty peasant thinks about me, and I'd rather just forcefully ignore them rather than watch what they're saying and having an extreme compulsion to reply and start/continue a social-justice-thirsty e-fight.

On some games or other servers I've played, if you /ignore someone they can still see your comments in chat and reply to them, continuing to go at you but you obviously don't see it and have no way of defending yourself anymore. Some people wouldn't care, but others, like me, obviously don't want people talking when I can't see what the other person is saying. It's just a one-sided thing then, sort of like being friend-zoned.

Being friend-zoned is bad.

Don't be friend-zoned.

Therefore, when you do /ignore (player name), the person who was ignored should not be able to see the other person's messages either. That way conflict will be completely cut off for both sides, and people will only ignore someone if it's a good enough reason they want to cut off ties completely with another player.

I say (more like type) this because I know that kids often /ignore someone when they get salty so it's a one-way relationship-- basically enabling them the ability to be petty and spout off smart*** remarks (or a smart*** attitude).
For example: "haha you can't see my messages but I can see yours, sucker!"

Just ugh. Seen it happen, had it done to me, and tbh I've done it too when I was like 12.

Oh, and neither players should be able to tab-name each other. If you don't know what tab-naming is (as I'm calling it): you start typing in letters and press tab, and people's names will pop up if their names start with the letters you typed.

I'm very original.

Thea77661

Jun 5, 2016
Sweden
I would definitely enjoy having that command. But at the other side, people would abuse it and that wouldn't be good. Would it?

G

Gamerfull

Good sometimes if that is true that Someone can be very annoying, but I think it is not necessary ...

Reactions: AbandonedUser

Craftymatt2

Mar 12, 2017
There been so many times iv'e wished there was an ignore command because some people just get so annoying.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
And you could ignore you haters with a command, but you can also ignore them without a command, not really
necessary.
This also goes for the spammers, you could also repirt him/her if you want.
Fifty fifty about this, I'll let other members reply. :)

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Well, if this happened, players that were muted can act like they never received a warning, since the player "has them ignored".
Unless there's a way around this, I think this'll be a tad inconvenient for reporting people that swear.
It's called being harsh. It's the player's fault for ignoring someone who's warning them.

Also, there could be a feature to not being able to ignore Staff. Like on the Forums.

Reactions: Deeds

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I actually like this idea for the most part, though it can encourage people to just ignore others in chat instead of reporting them.
Something that I thought about before that kinda ties into this is the idea to actually mute your messages, so you do not receive them. Although, you can already do that is your Settings-chest.
But yeah, in general, I like this idea.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
It's called being harsh. It's the player's fault for ignoring someone who's warning them.

Also, there could be a feature to not being able to ignore Staff. Like on the Forums.
I highly doubt CC would want that to happen.
Harsh or not, warning is required & needs to be visible. I don't see them accepting reports where you send a warning to a complete randy in /msg instead of saying it to the one that's swearing.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I like it, pretty much so I can ignore people who are being disrespectful and rood in general.
Also so I can ignore salty players.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I highly doubt CC would want that to happen.
Harsh or not, warning is required & needs to be visible. I don't see them accepting reports where you send a warning to a complete randy in /msg instead of saying it to the one that's swearing.
Okay let me explain.
Simple scenario:
Dotsy ignores Gainfulterror because of him being annoying with fishing rods. <3
The other day Dotsy starts cursing because of salt. Gainfulterror warns him. Dotsy because he ignored Gainfullterror doesn't see it. Gainfullterror reports Dotsy and Dotsy gets muted.
It's Dotsy fault for ignoring Gain. And his appeal get denied. Even if it's sounds Harsh that's basically what you get for Ignoring people and breaking the rules.

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
I agree with most of the replies...
Its a good idea but its not necessary, You might as well just ignore them and let them be ;P

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I support this idea! +1
I think people that swear don't have everyone in the /ignore list so they will sure see the Warn from the Member that told him not to swear.
I Fully support!
Woohoo!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Simple scenario:
Dotsy ignores Gainfulterror because of him being annoying with fishing rods. <3
The other day Dotsy starts cursing because of salt. Gainfulterror warns him. Dotsy because he ignored Gainfullterror doesn't see it. Gainfullterror reports Dotsy and Dotsy gets muted.
It's Dotsy fault for ignoring Gain. And his appeal get denied. Even if it's sounds Harsh that's basically what you get for Ignoring people and breaking the rules.
Look at it this way:
Cube is a server where you get quite a few chances before you get a thorough punishment. If ignoring was a thing, warnings might as well no longer be necessary.

Reactions: betty's oldies

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Basically muting someone... Just without being a staff member.
(I'm surprised I missed this comment)
That's not at all how it works.
When someone is muted, that means they can't interact with other players through chat at all. Saying that you've "muted" someone with /ignore is completely incorrect, as that player can interact with anyone else but the ones that have ignored him, meaning that only YOU won't see his messages.

Reactions: AbandonedUser
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom