Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkom_

Forum Expert
Jan 16, 2014
Just over there
Why Toxic? English speakers are not that friendly, I think you are prejudging the whole situations because the only reason English players dont swear(British term)/Bad Words in the chat, its because most of the insults in english are censored, meanwhile spanish speakers can say what ever, I know that some basic insults are censored to but there are a lot more of insults that are not cenosred
Toxic may have been the wrong word to use here, but from our experience as staff on this server, the Spanish people here are typically not friendly in any way, and usually not fun to be around. Although I am not saying this is all of them

elARDnoob

Jan 6, 2015
You complain that not enough staff understand Spanish, and then you proceed to message here... In Spanish...
I was answering to a guy that wrote that the staff were a bunch of rats and dont even care about the players.

elARDnoob

Jan 6, 2015
It is really hard to find a person that speaks fluent English and other said language. We need people that can say more than "Im speak English" and "im need range"
haha the picture was really funny, from my point of view that player was just joking around he definetely even study English

elARDnoob

Jan 6, 2015
Toxic may have been the wrong word to use here, but from our experience as staff on this server, the Spanish people here are tipically not friendly in any way, and usually not fun to be around. Although I am not saying this is all of them
Yes I understood what he was telling me, but is extremely annoying to be called toxic you know...

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
findityourself-lazy.co.uk
1: Most people that speak different languages are rude, and they are racist/swear with words that apparently is a compliment in Spanish? If we have more languages with staff, they need to know English well, as we are an English server.
2: Why don't you try to help, and tell us some insults in Spanish and we'll block them? That's what reporting is for as well.. getting mods that speak other languages as a target really isn't necessary.

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
This is one huge discussion...

Yes, we have noticed that a lot of spanish, dutch (not germans, I have to correct you here) and portuguese players besides the english ones are on CCG.
Still, like other (staff) members said it is hard to find a trustworthy player who speaks 2 languages. Their english has to be good so we can integrate them in the staff team. We don´t need a spanish staff team, a dutch staff team and an english one. What would this server become? O.o

The thing with posting something in another language than english is that we don´t really understand what you mean. In my opinion it is good that spanish players try to learn english. Haven´t heard about that yet but good to know I guess. That way they can communicate with us. If a spanish players talks to me I can not help them. Sorry but I just don´t understand what they want.
I don´t know if you have ever been in a situation where a lot of people were around you speaking another language than you do.
You may feel a bit awkward and you may get the feeling that they are talking about you. They could swear at you (which we notice) and you just keep smiling and shaking their hands.

Yittamonkey

Forum Expert
Mar 30, 2014
Canadia
1: Most people that speak different languages are rude, and they are racist/swear with words that apparently is a compliment in Spanish? If we have more languages with staff, they need to know English well, as we are an English server.
Not gonna bother arguing. But that is actually pretty racist. Not all, some are, as like english people like you are.

SpecForxaGaming:3

Nov 18, 2014
47º Interestellar Turian Fleet.
Well,i have already explain my opinion,as all of you, yeah my opinian was a little...mean yeah, i know.
But, we have a problem, but we havent find any solotion for the problem, and more than opinions we need answers, that includes me, i havent find any good answer for the problem.

D

Deleted member 15612

I actually know what do you want to mean, the English people probably don't,
But they never do that, i'm so sad for that too.
+1..

D

Deleted member 15612

I don't think we need more spanish mods, maybe one more. We should focus on other popular languages on the server like : Portuguse and Dutch
Spanish is the second more popular language on CCG.
YOUTUBERS.

Reactions: Colourlight

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
Although I think everything needed has been mentioned,I'd just like to say that I agree with the idea that we don't need that many Spanish Mods.

Of course it is a hard work, because we have a lot of Spanish YouTubers and therefore more Spanish Users In total, but as already mentioned, it is really hard to find Spanish people, that are 1. Mature and 2. Actually speaking english fluently.

(Note: I'm not trying to sound rude and/or racist.)

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Yes, it would be nice to have more multilingual staffers, especially those fluent in Spanish. We are primarily an English server, however. English is our official language and it's generally expected that when you go somewhere that speaks English, you would also speak English.

When I travel to a foreign country that doesn't speak English as their primary language, I either brush up on common phrases or carry a translation book with me. It's silly to assume everyone in the world speaks your language, and this goes both ways. Obviously if you were to travel to the UK or the USA and you only spoke Spanish, you'd likely have some trouble communicating with the locals. It's no different here.

We speak English. Most of us don't speak Spanish or Dutch or German. If you wish to communicate with us, we'll try our best to speak your language, but you need to realize that even if we went ahead and added 10 new mods that spoke Spanish and English fluently, there would still be people complaining that they're not on or active enough. People don't consider timezones. People don't consider that staff have duties other than the server, such as school, work, or family. Sometimes the best we can do is Google Translate, and even that's not accurate all the time.

I've personally taught the whole staff key words to look for in reports for inappropriate language, taught them how to warn people not to swear, etc. It took me over 5 years to learn what I know, and I had to study it for over an hour each day in school plus some independent research to better understand things they don't teach in school, like internet and street slang. Neither I or the other staff have the time, skill or capability to teach/learn an entire language over the internet. Even if we started today, you wouldn't get any real significant change for at least months, at most years.

In short, we're doing the best we can with what we've got. You're asking for a lot more than what you realize when you say we need more multilingual staff. Some servers ban entire languages; we're not that close-minded. What I would ask instead is that players take into consideration that, despite our vast multinational playerbase, we are still an English server and that speaking English would benefit both ourselves and the server's community.

D

Deleted member 15612

Perfect spanish, just 1 admin.
Like more than 5.000 spanish users.
Nothing more to say.

D

Deleted member 15612

Yes, it would be nice to have more multilingual staffers, especially those fluent in Spanish. We are primarily an English server, however. English is our official language and it's generally expected that when you go somewhere that speaks English, you would also speak English.

When I travel to a foreign country that doesn't speak English as their primary language, I either brush up on common phrases or carry a translation book with me. It's silly to assume everyone in the world speaks your language, and this goes both ways. Obviously if you were to travel to the UK or the USA and you only spoke Spanish, you'd likely have some trouble communicating with the locals. It's no different here.

We speak English. Most of us don't speak Spanish or Dutch or German. If you wish to communicate with us, we'll try our best to speak your language, but you need to realize that even if we went ahead and added 10 new mods that spoke Spanish and English fluently, there would still be people complaining that they're not on or active enough. People don't consider timezones. People don't consider that staff have duties other than the server, such as school, work, or family. Sometimes the best we can do is Google Translate, and even that's not accurate all the time.

I've personally taught the whole staff key words to look for in reports for inappropriate language, taught them how to warn people not to swear, etc. It took me over 5 years to learn what I know, and I had to study it for over an hour each day in school plus some independent research to better understand things they don't teach in school, like internet and street slang. Neither I or the other staff have the time, skill or capability to teach/learn an entire language over the internet. Even if we started today, you wouldn't get any real significant change for at least months, at most years.

In short, we're doing the best we can with what we've got. You're asking for a lot more than what you realize when you say we need more multilingual staff. Some servers ban entire languages; we're not that close-minded. What I would ask instead is that players take into consideration that, despite our vast multinational playerbase, we are still an English server and that speaking English would benefit both ourselves and the server's community.
Excellent answer tacos.
There is a little Advice, They should hire moderators Spanish nationality, Colombian, etc. (We speak Spanish perfectly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom