Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello land of positivity and flawless logic, now I know how much you love CubeCraft and Minecraft so I think I've came to the right place.

I need feedback on maps, what to edit to improve gameplay, if any of the pre lobbies could do with a refresh etc... I have asked in game and on discord and although I got mostly useless suggestions telling me to code fixes to games which I can't do, there was the odd diamond in the rough.

Any pointless replies will be removed so it's easier to track decent ideas.

I've learnt:
- FFA could have some refresh, some new hidey holes
- EggWars and TD pre lobby is rubbish and old
- Lucky Islands has some stupid maps that need to be fixed: (summer, bridges, clouds, dinner)
- And lots of minor block issues everywhere

I have about 2 days to fix stuff so not everything will be done within that time.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
The tower defence pre- lobby could use a few hints on signs that make up for a sort of mini tutorial.

Maybe a few towers in the TD-pre-lobby that represent the game a bit better since there isn't really anything that represents the pre-lobby as a pre-TD-lobby

The FFA mirage map has a few houses with doors that are unaccessable fot the player but wouldn't it be cool if you could actually go inside the houses? (Although the original map doesn't have that feature if i am correct)

Last edited:

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
In my opinion the rocky (back) part of the TD game lobby should be scrapted completely. The lack of light and decoration there is aesthetically unpleasing, though the front part looks fine to me, however it might need some more decorative work. For example steampunk or medieval themed houses or towers. Mobs made with armor stands getting shot at by towers (I'm sure this is possible with invisible armor stands or something) would be pretty cool too in my opinion.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
jUsT dElEtE cUbEcRaFt PrObLeM sOlVeD.

For real now, the EW lobby is ok as it is atm, maybe a little revamp but no big changes are necessary.
For the rest, snow layers are a big issue in multiple maps as they screw up PvP, maybe replace them w normal snow blocks and less layers?
Maybe a little parkour thingy in MW to the outer layer so it has some sort of function other than decoration and we aren’t that bored?
More easter eggs/bad puns in lobbys?

Reactions: Basketman

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
Lucky Islands
Think the whole gamemode needs a big update but will stick to just map feedback here. Also I mainly play solo but a lot of points can apply to both modes.

- In general I prefer large, open, flat maps where not much bridging is needed. This promotes faster gamplay and more action rather than long drawn out games.
Examples: good maps- Pond, Blossom, Candy. bad maps- Bridges, Frost, Trees, Western

- Having stone on every starter island would be nice so at least a stone sword and tools can be made. I understand aesthetically it can look ugly or go againt the theme of the map so perhaps just a stone core which you dig down to. E.g. Blossom has no visible stone (I dont think) but if you dig 2-3 blocks down you hit stone.

- Some starter islands have too few lucky blocks e.g. Bridges, Trees. I would say 6 lucky blocks minimum depending on whether there are nearby intermediate islands with more lucky blocks. Also the placement needs to change for a couple lucky blocks; the one in the tree on the map Trees and the one back left on Nest - they are in awkward places and sometimes the loot falls off the map.

- Remove multiple diamond blocks from mid they are too OP considering having full iron is pretty rare. Obviously mid should have better loot than elsewhere so maybe just one diamond and one iron block would be better

Maps you mentioned-
Summer- never played it don't think its a map anymore
Bridges - basically needs to be shrunk down mid is way too far away. Also the fence and pressure plate bridge should be changed to a complete, solid bridge.
Clouds - actually quite like this map although could be sized down as well as the intermediate islands are quite far away. But otherwise like the openness of mid
Dinner - far too much bridging to get to mid and the roast hog in the middle takes up too much space

I can give more map specific feedback on all solo lucky islands maps if you want.

Skywars
Don't play as much skywars anymore (cause hackers) but gave feedback on the three new solo maps on another thread - https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/give-us-your-skywars-suggestions.216386/page-6#post-1044649

Again a lot of the points can apply to other maps but again I can give map specifc feedback if you want.

Dutudy

Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2016
Sweden ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
reports.cubecraft.net
Lucky Islands: I would like to see some edits on ''Temple'' ''Science'' ''Elven'' they are really old and I would like to see something new on them.
Also, some more in pre-lobbies characters in Lucky Islands, SkyWars, etc.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
There is one especially problematic map in Block Wars, that is so big, the games always end up in a tie.
@carrometeoro and I have put together a team to propose fixes to these maps and some others. Later on we will be making a formal thread about it, but for now we think this is the perfect occasion to share our proposition.

Nuclear is way too big and it takes too long to get to your own flag, to the enemy's flag and to capture. For this, we propose the outer ring within the nuclear reactors should be blocked off completely:
AdwiLgG.png

Maybe not with iron bars but you get the idea, and the rest should be blocked off with barrier blocks. And please, move the spawnpoint to where the blue wool is, because as of now, it takes wayy too long to get to your flag when you respawn. And someone might be attacking it and you just can't do anything about it.
Also, Nuclear has a serious lighting problem, every time, players cover up the flag so much they block off all lanterns and everything turns so dark you can't see a thing. And that really sucks for gameplay.
The reactors should be closer to the middle island, it takes too much to travel from one flag to another, which ends up in ties most games.
The island in the middle is huge and not all of it's surface area is used. We think the ring around the middle should be accessible. Block Wars maps can't have one single path to travel from flag to flag, otherwise it would be extremely hard to capture the flag. The more options to travel throughout the map, the more strategic gameplay you can have.
p8kcCYf.png

Also, it would be really nice if the turbine in the center of the map was accessible:
7AOSsYf.png

KwGMOfP.png

Powerups could spawn inside there, and it wold be a very interesting place for PvP.
But leaving that aside, the main complaint the Block Wars community has always had is the fact that Nuclear is HUGE and it takes too long to get from flag to flag.

Forestfight's flag is too enclosed and this usually ends up on extreme camping from both teams, ending up in a tie... again.

IcyPeak's flag has the same problem, the flag's too enclosed. Additionally, this map only has one reliable path to travel from flag to flag (The cave) because whenever you try to pass through the ice parkour you will most probably get shot down. Only having one way to travel makes capturing very hard, because you usually end up with the whole enemy team chasing after you.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There is one especially problematic map in Block Wars, that is so big, the games always end up in a tie.
@carrometeoro and I have put together a team to propose fixes to these maps and some others. Later on we will be making a formal thread about it, but for now we think this is the perfect occasion to share our proposition.

Nuclear is way too big and it takes too long to get to your own flag, to the enemy's flag and to capture. For this, we propose the outer ring within the nuclear reactors should be blocked off completely:
AdwiLgG.png

Maybe not with iron bars but you get the idea, and the rest should be blocked off with barrier blocks. And please, move the spawnpoint to where the blue wool is, because as of now, it takes wayy too long to get to your flag when you respawn. And someone might be attacking it and you just can't do anything about it.
Also, Nuclear has a serious lighting problem, every time, players cover up the flag so much they block off all lanterns and everything turns so dark you can't see a thing. And that really sucks for gameplay.
The reactors should be closer to the middle island, it takes too much to travel from one flag to another, which ends up in ties most games.
The island in the middle is huge and not all of it's surface area is used. We think the ring around the middle should be accessible. Block Wars maps can't have one single path to travel from flag to flag, otherwise it would be extremely hard to capture the flag. The more options to travel throughout the map, the more strategic gameplay you can have.
p8kcCYf.png

Also, it would be really nice if the turbine in the center of the map was accessible:
7AOSsYf.png

KwGMOfP.png

Powerups could spawn inside there, and it wold be a very interesting place for PvP.
But leaving that aside, the main complaint the Block Wars community has always had is the fact that Nuclear is HUGE and it takes too long to get from flag to flag.

Forestfight's flag is too enclosed and this usually ends up on extreme camping from both teams, ending up in a tie... again.

IcyPeak's flag has the same problem, the flag's too enclosed. Additionally, this map only has one reliable path to travel from flag to flag (The cave) because whenever you try to pass through the ice parkour you will most probably get shot down. Only having one way to travel makes capturing very hard, because you usually end up with the whole enemy team chasing after you.

I agree with everything but I don't mind Forest Fight or Icy Peak's core placements. I often win easier on those maps believe it or not.

Reactions: Eli

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hello land of positivity and flawless logic, now I know how much you love CubeCraft and Minecraft so I think I've came to the right place.

I need feedback on maps, what to edit to improve gameplay, if any of the pre lobbies could do with a refresh etc... I have asked in game and on discord and although I got mostly useless suggestions telling me to code fixes to games which I can't do, there was the odd diamond in the rough.

Any pointless replies will be removed so it's easier to track decent ideas.

I've learnt:
- FFA could have some refresh, some new hidey holes
- EggWars and TD pre lobby is rubbish and old
- Lucky Islands has some stupid maps that need to be fixed: (summer, bridges, clouds, dinner)
- And lots of minor block issues everywhere

I have about 2 days to fix stuff so not everything will be done within that time.
Yeah, the EggWars pre-lobby really is outdated.

An idea I'd love to see implemented, though I doubt it'll ever happen as it requires so much time and effort from the builders, is that every map has a unique and related pre-lobby.

Something that could perhaps be neat to have as a pre-lobby is like a huge room in which the player feels like an ant or something, perhaps a kitchen considering that's where most of the eggs are

MS7nYeT.jpg

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Yeah, you wouldn’t be able to see much of it and since you can’t fly it’s really kinda meh... I mean it’s a good idea but it probably won’t work.
That would require a lot of chunks to load
The scale is completely up to the build team
And it's not like loading a few hundred chunks is going to crash the server or anything, at least I hope because that'd actually be sad, straight out sad.

Yea players who don’t have a good computer will have issues with FPS.

I'm pretty sure this pre-lobby would not be bigger as, for example, the general lobby. And apparently that's not a problem either so I don't see why this pre-lobby would be

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
I would love to see more maps in EggWars where you don't have to build so much. Like Pizza and City or like Forest,Bones,Civilization we had back in the days of SpeedEggWars(which i still prefer to come back)

cristian2259

Jan 15, 2018
Costa Rica
remove the subcenter from the Paris map, I think it would make the game a bit more difficult and not as easy as jumping 2 times and being in the center

[I do not speak much English so I use a translator.]

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I like semi-centers in skywars, like in maps as music and glass. Not all skywars maps have this. I’d like to see this in all maps, perhaps not in the map because that’s meant to tnt jump, or time because the center is close to the starter islands. I don’t know exactly what maps are still missing this, but at least trees. Some skywars maps could be improved in my opinion, such as tron, I don’t like the gaps in the center. The semi mid in birdhouse is a bit dull, I like the build style of glass, that’d fit to birdhouse as well I think. Also, the map flowers could have some improvements, the center is a bit messy, and the islands are quite small, the center islands. This applies to Lucky Islands either. The leaves of the trees at semi-mid in solo skywars map paris are a bit low, you hit the leaves when jumping, please lift the leave layer 1 layer up. Also make the semi mid at paris a bit larger so it’s a pvp battle instead of just knocking someone into the void battle, islands would be too close to eachother so make more space between starter and semi-mid islands, in that case. The distance between the start islands and semi mis in map drought are is also a bit too large in my opinion.

Maybe it’s fun to add some semi-centers to eggwars as well, we barely have that, but that would be a nice improve cause it’s different.

But please, make sure you can pvp well on the pvp related games maps, maps such as trees and flowers are hard to pvp on, make them easy pvp on, make islands bigger, change the structures, add more islands... PvP gets the first place, decoration gets the second place in pvp related maps.

Last edited:

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I like semi-centers in skywars, like in maps as music and glass. Not all skywars maps have this. I’d like to see this in all maps, perhaps not in the map because that’s meant to tnt jump, or time because the center is close to the starter islands. I don’t know exactly what maps are still missing this, but at least trees. Some skywars maps could be improved in my opinion, such as tron, I don’t like the gaps in the center. The semi mid in birdhouse is a bit dull, I like the build style of glass, that’d fit to birdhouse as well I think. Also, the map flowers could have some improvements, the center is a bit messy, and the islands are quite small, the center islands. This applies to Lucky Islands either.

Maybe it’s fun to add some semi-centers to eggwars as well, we barely have that, but that would be a nice improve cause it’s different.

But please, make sure you can pvp well on the pvp related games maps, maps such as trees and flowers are hard to pvp on, make them easy pvp on, make islands bigger, change the structures, add more islands... PvP gets the first place, decoration gets the second place in pvp related maps.
No, not every map should have semi-centers. First of all I personally am not a big fan of it, and next to that those centers create diversity in maps.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Top Bottom